What are you backing Today? Part 2

2.10 Newbury The Good Doctor
I got quite excited when the RP app was showing 22/1 about this fella but actually just 12/1 available. That’s a bit more realistic and I took 11/1 with SkyBet paying 4 places.

Done for speed last time by Peking Opera who was deemed good enough for the Triumph Hurdle (although he surely wasn’t) but no disgrace in losing out to a 104 rated Flat horse.
Looks likely to appreciate the step up in trip and it’s the Ben Jones/Ben Pauling combination. What can go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two v the field in the Lincoln - Migration & Johan, both former winners, both act in the ground, both can go well fresh.

Migration is very weak, which isn't promising. Johan seems steady enough.

Elsewhere, I backed a three cross on Thursday evening and all three have shortened up quite a bit since, so I'm getting a wee bit hopeful:

Charyn (3/1 taken)
Montassib (5/1 taken)
Heltenham (2/1 taken, might be a wee R4)

But it's a pretty quiet day all in all.

I'd rather drink my money than bet in the Lincoln Since 1965 I can lay claim to one winner.

I got
Charyn
The Famous Five
Kartoon and Co

Some medical emergency no ambulance delay 1hr and 10m late

Big course like Newbury should be better organized

Two v the field in the Lincoln - Migration & Johan, both former winners, both act in the ground, both can go well fresh.

Elsewhere, I backed a three cross on Thursday evening and all three have shortened up quite a bit since, so I'm getting a wee bit hopeful:

Charyn (3/1 taken)
Montassib (5/1 taken)

Going well D.looking good.

Charyn (3/1 taken)
Montassib (5/1 taken)

You just woke up your bookie big time:lol: good luck

Should be off by Sunday lol

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I was calling young Fallon all sorts of names watching him take the horse up blind alleys from the two pole but the horse had the class to get home.

Charyn (3/1 taken)
Montassib (5/1 taken)

You're getting cursed cause I was on Sir Psycho but very well done!!

Charyn (3/1 taken)
Montassib (5/1 taken)

Kaabooooom Dessie well done

Echo - Desert Dynamo

PS: dunno what I echoed :D other posts intervened. It was meant for well done.

Last edited:
Just watched the Heltenham race (didn't see it live). Skelton made harder work of it than it needed to be.

Sir Psycho ran a terrific race in second. Sorry, simmo.

Exactly my thoughts, he only seemed to do what he had to and had more than the neck suggested.

Yes, hopefully the handicapper will ignore the fact that they were clear and will limit how much he puts the winner up. Hopefully only three pounds, in which case he could have yet another win in him.

Skelton targets Ayr so maybe there rather than Aintree.

Back