What are you backing Today? Part 2

I've bet Naaey in that. Worrying drift overnight, yours is the danger as that race she ran in at York looked a good one. The fav only has form at gaff tracks and I don't like Fanshaw.
Reckon Zendabeela was held up to see if he got the trip at York - he did so expect him to be ridden more agressively today.
If I'm wrong,I hope yours wins.

Backed Helm Rock to repeat his win in the London series final on Saturday. 14/1 best price 12's general trainer has worked wonders to get him back here 8lb lower than the mark he won off quite decisivley. Watching his recent runs at Wolverhampton and Southwell it doesn't look like he's lost the ability it just appears lets say they may try ride him more prominently this time. I'd be surprised if he's not nearly favourite closer to the off. Good luck lads.

Ascot 4.45. Dear My Friend

Non Runner.
I think Johnno's probably done us a favour.

Last edited:
Haydock 3.45 Gifted Angel is a bit of a cliff horse now for me. He must have a live chance of breaking his duck here and landing a flat race at this level. I'll take the double figure prices.

Ascot 4.10 United Approach has a pretty appealing profile and he can land this. He was entered in some big handicaps during the summer, but they've taken their time, softly softly, and he's every right to win this.

Each Way Patent on my three for me.

Last edited:
And that's why I bet less and less these days.

the winner: 8th of 8 in Jan, 12th of 12 in Jan, 5th of 8 in December.

So, of course, comes here and wins.

Bleurgh!

Yeah load of shite today.

A few conpetative looking races tomorrow.

I'll just stick the jinx on Matt Brocklebank of the Sporting Life, who has put up Too Bossy For Us (Haydock 1.50) and Vultar (Kempton 3.15), as I like these too.

I did Master Builder on Ebor day and don't get me wrong he ran really well. That was only two weeks ago though, looked like he had a hard old race, and he's short enough for my each way yankee. If he wins fair to play him, he could definately be a horse going places. I like Matt's thinking on Too Bossy For Us who could be a lot better than that day. The jinx is firmly in place then.

Enjoy the day everyone. I look forward to reading the various scribes on this forum overnight and into tomorrow. Life is short. Be positive. Love your mums.

Too Bossy For Us is interesting - I like his form with Align the Stars and can forgive any horse a bad run at York. I think the top of that market is fairly strong though.

Quiet day for me. Modest stakes.

H 1.15 - Prague ew 7/1 (3pl)
H 2.25 - Grand Alliance ew 18/1; Euchen Glen ew 18/1; No Say Ever ew 66/1 taken on Thursday
H 3.35 - Elite Status ew 16/1 taken ante-post; Montassib 20/1 ew 4 places (might try the f/c)

A 1.35 - Streets Of Gold ew 20/1 4 pl; Aalto 14/1; Blue Prince ew 16/1, 4pl.

What a nightmare Tudhope had on Prague there.

Not all his fault by any means, but perhaps the best on the day wasn't able to win the race. Very unlucky that horse today.

Back