What are you backing Today? Part 2

Roberto Escobar 6.30K
Should be up for this as it's a FTQ for a bigger pot on Good Friday. Should reverse Ascot placing with Nayef Road around this much sharper track.
Strong bet at 7/2 B365.

Last edited:
As usual on a Saturday I’ve got a load of trackers out and it’s head scratching sorting them out, particularly when opposing each other. Two have strengthened overnight:

Frero Banbou 1:15 Sandown 9/2 - 5/2 and I’ll take that (eye caught by Dolos who has done nothing lately, but whose record in this race is 2112.
Saint Palais 2:30 Wetherby 3/1 - 11/8 not sure I really fancy opposing the odds-on Ahoy Senor , but I’ll watch points.

As usual on a Saturday I’ve got a load of trackers out and it’s head scratching sorting them out, particularly when opposing each other. Two have strengthened overnight:

Frero Banbou 1:15 Sandown 9/2 - 5/2 and I’ll take that (eye caught by Dolos who has done nothing lately, but whose record in this race is 2112.
Saint Palais 2:30 Wetherby 3/1 - 11/8 not sure I really fancy opposing the odds-on Ahoy Senor , but I’ll watch points.

At last! A post I can read :lol:

About Dolos, I was thinking of taking 7/1 (as was on Thursday) but the stable form is a worry. I suspect he wasn't jabbed on the assumption that this is the target. I'm still swithering.

Last edited:
Doubled Frero Banbou and L’Homme Presse at 11/2 earlier

I also think Call Me Lord can run a big race in the 2.55 at Sandown. Seemed to enjoy the return to hurdling last time out I’d hoped for bigger than 11/1 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ahoy Senor really should win today but he has to be worth place laying for small money like 16 quid could get you 100

My problem with him is when he is challenged late on he goes to pieces.

Whether Saint Palais can get close enough to challenge him 2 or 3 out is the big question but he is getting plenty weight so it's not beyond the realms of possibilty.

I certainly wouldn't back Ahoy Senor at odds on that's for sure

Last edited:
Poor tactics on both Frero and GR. Dolos I couldn't back because he's in those colours.

Both beaten by a horse who turned out to be very well handicapped. Dolos was rated as high as 161 in December 2020.

Well done to anyone who could see that run coming.

Frero will go up a few pounds for today.

Still haven't given up on Eclair D'ainay for the Grand Annual. If there is cut in the ground he will like it up front.

I don't want to see him again before the festival though.

Last edited:
Poor tactics on both Frero and GR. Dolos I couldn't back because he's in those colours.

Both, Euro?

Frero I get. He probably should never have been as far back and ended up having too much to do.

If GR was asked to do too much through the race then so was Dolos. He was never far behind him. This was Dolos's target obviously and on his best form was always going to be hard to beat. The doubt was the form of the stable.

Dolos was the worst handicapped horse in training. He's now handicapped fairly and was the benificiary of poor tactics on the other two there. GR doesn't need to lead and I feel he and Bun Doran cut each other's throats there. Dolos being just in behind in the perfect place to take advantage.

Last edited:
Credit where credit due, I think Dolos was well set up for it by Nicholls and would likely have won whatever the tactics of the others.

Dolos has come down nearly 20lb in the weights since December 2020 to a current mark of 143 but has run more to a mark in the mid-to-high 150s today which has won him the race, IMHO.

Frero Banbou is a good horse for finishing second and so is Eclair D'ainay for giving Frero 7lb the last day when only beaten a length.

Last edited:
Sorry, Euro. I just can't have that.

Two years back Dolos (OR 157) gave First Flow 22lbs and a beating in this race. Last year he was beaten a length off 158 giving Moonlighter a stone. Today he was off 143 and thrown in if he could rediscover his form.

Even allowing for both GR and FB not getting the best rides, they would have been up against it. The betting just assumed Dolos was gone.

Two years back Dolos (OR 157) gave First Flow 22lbs and a beating in this race. Last year he was beaten a length off 158 giving Moonlighter a stone. Today he was off 143 and thrown in if he could rediscover his form.

I get that, but last year's race was terrible.

Last edited:
They should change the name of this to the aftertimg thread. Between people saying they backed horses after the event and one punter claiming time after time he backed horses
at twice the odds 12 hours after the price change is getting on my tits, One or twice I can understand but it's every other horse he puts up.

Cut the aftertiming out it is becoming boring.

Last edited:
Can’t see much after timing, tan. All seem to follow quite logically from pre-race posts. Perhaps you didn’t go back to those.

Drat bets refused by big bookmakers are becoming a pain in the ass....Galopin Des Champs and Chacun in a double was offerend only half my stake. JOKE!!!!

Last edited:
Can’t see much after timing, tan. All seem to follow quite logically from pre-race posts. Perhaps you didn’t go back to those.
Others can see it, BJ. Human nature often leads to bigging oneself up, and some on here have turned it to an art form.
.A shrink would probably call it lack of self-confidence

Back