What are you backing Today? Part 2

Others can see it, BJ. Human nature often leads to bigging oneself up, and some on here have turned it to an art form.
.A shrink would probably call it lack of self-confidence

I suppose it’s the nature of such forums. I’m not too bothered if people seek to big themselves up - that’s their problem, not mine.

Drat bets refused by big bookmakers are becoming a pain in the ass....Galopin Des Champs and Chacun in a double was offerend only half my stake. JOKE!!!!

I'm shocked and appalled in equal measures that a)any bookmaker would refuse to take all that bet and b)your use of the word Drat -have you been watching old Batman repeats.

I was really looking forward to seeing Ribble Valley in his first chase today and was resigned to the fact he'd have to be spot on to beat Tokey Dokey.

I don't know why Nicky has with drawn him but what is even more puzzling is why Tokey Dokey is not 1/3 to win this race now.

Bridget Andrews barely moved a muscle on him at Market Rasen and his jumping was even spectacular at times.

It was not until approaching the last she as him to quicken and it was Constitution Hill stuff and he shot clear in amatter of strides

I have had a 3*** star bet on Tokey Dokey. at evens which looks like stealing money.

I added Chaca Dancer 2.15 F to my tracker months ago but have no recollection of why I did so.

Was she ever discussed here atall, atall??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looked like one to note when 3rd at Limericak and wouldn't have been too busy behind Pied Piper,

It's actually the 2.45 race she's in......at the very least she's worth watching today as she might be looking get a nice mark in a handicap,

I reckon you're really on to someting here

Guarantee you she went there 3 gallops short of a canter. She was going better than most when Danny Mullins
tucked her up the backsides before 3 out of those in front of her and then she definitely blew up like she needed the race.

I certainly wouldn't be taking her of your watch list..sure fire future winner

I reckon you're really on to someting here

Guarantee you she went there 3 gallops short of a canter. She was going better than most when Danny Mullins
tucked her up the backsides before 3 out of those in front of her and then she definitely blew up like she needed the race.

I certainly wouldn't be taking her of your watch list..sure fire future winner

Told you twice so it must be right:lol:

3x doubles and a treble today

Ajays Ways Don 2.10
Lubaet Foras Ffos Las 1.17
Gosautri Ffos Las 1.52

Last edited:
Having a 3 cross and a treble on Nicky's

Valsheda
Fantastic Lady
Boom Boom

The latter Boom Boom means bonking in Thailand
so my bet coud be fooked before I start:lol:

My conclusions on tomorrow's races:

NWB 1.15 If the yard were in better form I’d be keen on Bravemansgame since he looks like he’s got plenty more to come based on his hurdles ability. Other than that, I’m happy to leave the race alone.

NWB 1.50 This isn’t much of a race. Polish won it last year and has probably been primed for it but Whatsupwithyou has better older form and entitled to preference if he could be guaranteed to run his race.

NWB 2.25 I’ll probably just watch this race but I’d love to see Royale Pagaille win, which is possible given the form of the Nicholls yard. I’ve backed De Rasher Counter at 66/1 for the Grand National so he can afford to run well here but still drop a pound or two. He’s currently on the same mark off which he won the 2019 Hennessy and his sole run last season over hurdles suggested he was as good as ever.

NWB 3.00 I think I’ll wait until the first race or two before getting involved in this. If the Nicholls horses appear to be in form again I can follow in on Hitman, otherwise it’s just a race to watch.

WAR 2.05 This should be a good race. Third Time Lucki is still to prove he is 10lbs better over fences than hurdles but I expect him to do so. That might not be good enough to beat Edwardstone, though. I liked the way Brave Seasca travelled last time but this is classier opposition. All four hold Arkle entries but Brae Seasca and For Pleasure have marks that would make them of interest in the Grand Annual. If I owned them I’d be wanting that mark preserved or slightly lowered for the handicap. Barring misfortune, I see the race going the way of the market so I’m happy to watch.

WAR 3.15 Cheddleton has to prove himself at this trip. Lieutenant Rocco was mooted for top staying novice races last season after impressing heavy over 3m at Ffos Las but has changed yards a couple of times and blew on his reappearance. Riders Onthe Storm looked to be going places a couple of years ago and ran well on his reappearance. He probably bounced last time. I prefer to look at the other novices, Falco Blitz, Our Power and Celebre D’Allen, with preference for the last-named as he is totally unexposed over fences and could have the winning of this if he makes the notional 10lbs’ improvement for the switch. This is his first run over fences in this country but was rated 139 in his younger days in France, running in Listed races. I just wonder if the ground will be soft enough for him. At slightly longer odds, Falco Blitz might be the percentage value.

WAR 3.15 Cheddleton has to prove himself at this trip. oft enough for him. At slightly longer odds, Falco Blitz might be the percentage value.

Confident Cheddleton will stay. As for Falco Blitz - weird horse. He went into my tracker after his run behind Belargus last back end at Sandown. Mainly because he kept jumping left. Therefore I punted him when he was out the back of the TV in the summer at Uttoxeter and when he pulled up on a visit to Bangor behind Snow Leopardess and Windsor Avenue (boffo form for that track). Of course I left him alone at Kempton. So, back left handed not scared of him.

Back