What are you backing Today? Part 2

Aintree Hurdle - Monmiral 17/2, 3 places (Coral) - spent a bit of time discussing this with the brother this evening. This was Timeform's ante-post tip for the Champion Hurdle at the start of the season. I have the book somewhere but he keeps it next to him and reminded me about it.

I remember being a bit surprised and certainly disappointed that such a supposedly influential racing 'authority' could put up a 5yo for the race so they must have reckoned it was a mid-160s 5yo in the making (which is what Zanahiyr now is) and now it gets the chance to show how good it is. He gave Adagio a bit of a gubbing here last year and will turn up fresh and, hopefully, fancied.

I was thinking of taking the 10/1 (2 places) but shat out of it.

Last edited:
I quite fancy Glory And Fortune in that race.

He's come on a ton over the winter, when second in a christmas hurdle, then winner of a betfair hurdle and fifth in a champion hurdle.

He's a few lengths to find but I am hoping he takes to 2M4F well and I am happy to pay to find out at 14/1.

I wouldn't take his last and only run over 2M4F in a handicap hurdle last year as in any way conclusive of his ability over this trip.

Last edited:
Aintree Hurdle - Monmiral 17/2, 3 places (Coral) - spent a bit of time discussing this with the brother this evening. This was Timeform's ante-post tip for the Champion Hurdle at the start of the season. I have the book somewhere but he keeps it next to him and reminded me about it.

I remember being a bit surprised and certainly disappointed that such a supposedly influential racing 'authority' could put up a 5yo for the race so they must have reckoned it was a mid-160s 5yo in the making (which is what Zanahiyr now is) and now it gets the chance to show how good it is. He gave Adagio a bit of a gubbing here last year and will turn up fresh and, hopefully, fancied.

I was thinking of taking the 10/1 (2 places) but shat out of it.

That was a strange ride Monmiral got. Either that or it's just a bit slow and needs three miles.

Can’t see Jonbon being beaten - proper bet
Will go with Bravemansgame, but not full bet.

Reluctant to take any fun bets since they weren’t much fun yesterday.

Can’t see Jonbon being beaten - proper bet
Will go with Bravemansgame, but not full bet.

Reluctant to take any fun bets since they weren’t much fun yesterday.
Good luck BJ, though i'd have Jonbon the more vulnerable of the pair, around this sharp track.

Main fancies today:

Langer Dan (slight concern about market weakness)
First Street
Ahoy Senor
Fakir D'oudairies
Mister Coffey
Crystal Glory

But stakes (some of them I'm not backing) modest.

Main fancies today:

Langer Dan (slight concern about market weakness)
First Street
Ahoy Senor
Fakir D'oudairies
Mister Coffey
Crystal Glory

But stakes (some of them I'm not backing) modest.

2 nice winners D.
I'm not to bothered about drifters,sorry Barjon,and took 7.4 Langer Dan on the exchange.

An each way patent on three horses at Newmarket tomorrow - see if I can secure a profit...the first two I mentioned on the anti-post thread.

The last one I am taking a real chance on, I see its blue on Oddschecker. I reckon it might out run the odds after a winter break against some better horses tomorrow. I'd be pleased if it placed.

1:50 System
3:00 Existent
4:45 Blaydon Star

Last edited:
An each way patent on three horses at Newmarket tomorrow - see if I can secure a profit...the first two I mentioned on the anti-post thread.

The last one I am taking a real chance on, I see its blue on Oddschecker. I reckon it might out run the odds after a winter break against some better horses tomorrow. I'd be pleased if it placed.

1:50 System
3:00 Existent
4:45 Blaydon Star

I've done an ew dble on your first 2 mate.

Back