What are you backing Today? Part 2

Very rarely do I bet blind - occasionally following the likes of Irish Stamp in Hunters - and I meant to back this one yesterday but only one firm had priced up the race and I decided to wait. After that I completely forgot about it.

Saturday, Musselburgh 3.14 - Zero Ten 9/2 - it was 11/2 when I checked yesterday and I'd hoped I might get 6s or 13/2 but 9/2 now is the best price on offer. I haven't checked the form (just starting the race now) but Emmet Mullins raiding Musselburgh for a £100k race with Benoît De La Sayette booked to take off 7lbs from a horse that was not beaten far in a G1 (Royal Oak) last time? Can't let it go unbacked and it might even develop into a gamble.

Backed into fav beaten a neck Drat! on the bright side Nature Strip did mange to win yet again at 3/1+

After his first run in 2020 I put Nature Strip up as a future champion.

I have followed him ever since and despite several losses overall he's won me a small fortune

He's now won $17,949,785 and has just topped world rankings

They now intend to take on our best at Royal Ascot.

Get on Early:D

Last edited:
I hope everyone's enjoying their easter eggs.

I am sweet on three horses tomorrow.

Muss 3:14 State Of Bliss - He was gelded after last season and then ran well first time out, (given he was noted as running freely, so you'd think he can improve a fair bit for that run). He could yet prove to be better than his handicap mark. I feel he may have been plotted for this handicap but you'd have to ask trainer Mark Johnston if that's the case.

Newbury 2:25 Majestic Glory - She peaked last season when winning a group 3 at Newmarket beating Wild Beauty who franked the form in a Group One at Woodbine. There shouldn't be such a big disparity in the odds between Majestic Glory and Wild Beauty on that form. The former lost his way a bit afterwards but hopefully she is best caught fresh tomorrow.

3:35 Saleymm ran a cracker to finish second in a fiercely contested Lincoln given he was there to be shot at from the front the whole way. He's had a wind operation since. I wonder if they might just track leaders or sit just off the pace as opposed to trying to make all tomorrow. I reckon he can come on for the last day and stamp his authority on this race.

Last edited:
Go and treat yourself eat one today, DO. :)

I had it after my fav mash potato and pork chops earlier. I feel like a lucky man on days like this.

Last edited:
Irish Admiral 3.35Nb generally races up with the pace, as he did when 4th in the Lincoln. First-time pieces, the likely stronger pace and race fitness all point to improvement today, whuch should be enough to see him home.
8/1 B365 (5pl)

Irish Admiral 3.35Nb generally races up with the pace, as he did when 4th in the Lincoln. First-time pieces, the likely stronger pace and race fitness all point to improvement today, which should be enough to see him home.
8/1 B365 (5pl)

Last edited:
Bavington Bob is Brian Hughes best chance of a winner today

He's seeking that magical 200 so he'll be all out to get one closer.

Bavington Bob 2Star**bet 5/2

Horrendous case of after timing from me (as usual :lol:) but I actually managed 8 winners today...unheard of!
Modern News w
Wild Beauty w
Sandbeck w
Zarzyni w
Enemy ew
Migration ew (2nd)
Then I had Spirit Catcher, Perfect Power, An Taillur, Enqarde (plus an unplaced horse) in a Lucky ew 31....for the princely sum of 10p ew!
I literally usually back horses last minute which is why I rarely post them and certainly don’t spend hours on form, it’s invariably as I see them at the start/paddock.
But my account looks a bit better. :<3:

Last edited:
Mountain Peak 5.05Nb should get the stiff test he had when winning at Ascot last August, and it's worth taking a chance on his fitness at the price.
20/1B365

I can't have Love Envoi in the mares race at Fairyhouse, not with Mullins being mob handed - ground conditions are a neg as well. Brandy Love is the best mare in the race but is surely a no no right handed and I can't see why Dinoblue deserves to be shorter than Grangee who is a bet at around 6/1. She didn't get the best of rides at Cheltenham and the step up in trip should suit.

Last edited:
Kempton 3.30 - Stay Well won a good race here at Kempton last October beating future winners Bandinelli and Castleford. That form is rock solid and after a gelding operation over the winter there's a good chance Stay Well can improve again to win this higher grade of race.

Last edited:
Pensiero D'Amore 4.40K won a similar C/D race quite cosy, despite a troubled passage late on.
A 3lb impost shouldn't be hard to shrug off.
12/1 B365.

Heaven Help Us in the Grade 2 at Fairyhouse. Ran ok in the Mares (would have been closer but for being untidy at the last) and the front two in the market here are both giving her 12lbs. The rest of the field seem a bit meh.

Kempton 3.30 - Stay Well won a good race here at Kempton last October beating future winners Bandinelli and Castleford. That form is rock solid and after a gelding operation over the winter there's a good chance Stay Well can improve again to win this higher grade of race.

He ran well just chinned by an outsider.

I might keep an eye on him over 10 furlongs on turf this season.

Back