What are you backing Today? Part 2

The 4.10 at Newmarket looks a fascinating event with 2 in blue from different yards sharing favouritism.

Charly Appleby holds all the aces when it comes to stable form with an amazing 37% strike rate since the start of the season

John Gosden on the other hand has had only 5 winners from since the start of the season.

Both New London and Aldous Huxley miss the Dante for this so no clues there.

I do reckon however think the clue lies in their previous performances.

New London took along time to get going in his run and also looked like he'd be more at home over a longer trip.

Aldous Huxley on the otherhand looked perfectly at home at this trip and showed eveything a clean pair of heals early in the straight.

I can see Frankie either setting the pace or being right up there with the pace while New London could be held up by William Buick.

If Frankie judges this right on this ground and kicks at the right time I can't see New London a stayer in the making having the pace to catch him

Aldous Huxley 3star***bet 13/8 bfe

Last edited:
I've done a for-fun three-cross on

Manofthemountain
Bbold and
Last Royal

at Cheltenham and added Garrus in an ew accie.

:blink::blink:

Bbold out to 20s from single figures last night.

Still, it didn't stop Clan Des Obeaux last week...

Hopes diminished but not extinguished.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
To pass the time

20pts Rousing Encore 3 places 1.54

Possible net return 30.10
Won

30.10 Ameynah 2 places 1.43

Poss net return 42.10

Won

42.10 Sizeable Sam 2.18 4 places

Possible net return 88.55

The 4.10 at Newmarket looks a fascinating event with 2 in blue from different yards sharing favouritism.

Charly Appleby holds all the aces when it comes to stable form with an amazing 37% strike rate since the start of the season

John Gosden on the other hand has had only 5 winners from since the start of the season.

Both New London and Aldous Huxley miss the Dante for this so no clues there.

I do reckon however think the clue lies in their previous performances.

New London took along time to get going in his run and also looked like he'd be more at home over a longer trip.

Aldous Huxley on the otherhand looked perfectly at home at this trip and showed eveything a clean pair of heals early in the straight.

I can see Frankie either setting the pace or being right up there with the pace while New London could be held up by William Buick.

If Frankie judges this right on this ground and kicks at the right time I can't see New London a stayer in the making having the pace to catch him

Aldous Huxley 3star***bet 13/8 bfe

Couldn't have got that more wrong if I tried.....thought I was in trouble the minute I saw New London was being ridden up with the pace. Frankie was very easy on the 2nd when he knew he was beaten.......should win it's fare share but not a group horse
by any stetch of the imagination.....New London I expect will go for the Dante next

Last edited:
My three all slow out the gates and essentially beat after a furlong.

I couldn't make it up.

Last edited:
Couldn't have got that more wrong if I tried.....thought I was in trouble the minute I saw New London was being ridden up with the pace. Frankie was very easy on the 2nd when he knew he was beaten.......should win it's fare share but not a group horse
by any stetch of the imagination.....New London I expect will go for the Dante next
Oh,Fist - sorry it's after the race, but Frankie will never have a retainer with Godolphin, whereas Wm Buick knows the time of day.

Last edited:
:blink::blink:

Bbold out to 20s from single figures last night.

Still, it didn't stop Clan Des Obeaux last week...

Hopes diminished but not extinguished.

SP 28/1, struggling a mile out before rallying a wee bit down the hill but well beaten at the last. No shortage of promise in the run, though.

Newmarket 3.00 - Hortzadar 100/30 - I have him clear top on recent form and miles clear on his best form of last year. The price looks very generous to me, assuming he's trying.

Newmarket 3.00 - Hortzadar 100/30 - I have him clear top on recent form and miles clear on his best form of last year. The price looks very generous to me, assuming he's trying.

Looked like he was trying so no complaints on that score. I just can't help thinking the jockey could have switched him to the near side early in the race. I think nearer the centre of the track, where he came with his run, is maybe a touch slower.

If this is as good as he is then he's on the downgrade.

Looked like he was trying so no complaints on that score. I just can't help thinking the jockey could have switched him to the near side early in the race. I think nearer the centre of the track, where he came with his run, is maybe a touch slower.

If this is as good as he is then he's on the downgrade.

”Following the race, James Doyle reported that HORTZADAR, placed fourth, was short for room leaving the stalls”.

Last edited:
Back