What are you backing Today? Part 2

Swiss Ace runs in the evening at Doncaster (6.41). Ideally I wanted to see him dropped to class three level after a solid fifth the last day. But then this isn't the hottest class two handicap of all time, and with just the eight runners he gets my vote, (at what will probably be a fair price).

Swiss Ace ran well enough again close up in fifth only beaten two or three lengths but as I suspected beforehand he really does need dropping to class three level if they want to win a race.

I won't be backing him again until I see him in a class three.

Last edited:
GL,PB.
Mutasaabeq 3.10E
9/4 B365
Comanche Falls 5.50E
11/2 B365

With you again withMutasaabeq - let’s hope he doesn’t lose a shoe! I thought he was very unlucky last time when he was still last as into the last furlong with Crowley looking vainly for a gap. At last one came and he finished very strongly only failing by just a neck to catch Lights On.

Celestial Star 2:46 Musselburgh 11/4 atm

Yesterday was tough. Having a nice Group race winner and coming out not much ahead because of the handicaps was not ideal. I'm gonna have to tighten up on how I bet my tracker horses.

Speaking of which I have four of the friggers in one race today, the opener at Epsom. The rain puts me off Nolton Cross, War Horse is quirky and so might have track issues so a small dutch on Mr Big Stuff and Swilcan Bridge is the play.

like reet I'm keen on Majestic Glory in the fillies race. She ran on well in the Fred Darling and as a Frankel 7f was on the short side for her. She's a Group winner as a 2yo from a top yard.

Star of India ew is my Derby bet. I liked his run at Chester but this is very open.

With you again withMutasaabeq - let’s hope he doesn’t lose a shoe! I thought he was very unlucky last time when he was still last as into the last furlong with Crowley looking vainly for a gap. At last one came and he finished very strongly only failing by just a neck to catch Lights On.

Celestial Star 2:46 Musselburgh 11/4 atm
Returned the complement by following yours in -reckon the horse that beat hm lto didn't staystrongly run 1m latest.
btw, just noticed he's 4/1 with B365's bet boost.

Yesterday was tough. Having a nice Group race winner and coming out not much ahead because of the handicaps was not ideal. I'm gonna have to tighten up on how I bet my tracker horses.

Speaking of which I have four of the friggers in one race today, the opener at Epsom. The rain puts me off Nolton Cross, War Horse is quirky and so might have track issues so a small dutch on Mr Big Stuff and Swilcan Bridge is the play.

like reet I'm keen on Majestic Glory in the fillies race. She ran on well in the Fred Darling and as a Frankel 7f was on the short side for her. She's a Group winner as a 2yo from a top yard.

Star of India ew is my Derby bet. I liked his run at Chester but this is very open.

I think you might kick yourself as I like Nolton Cross but good luck anyway.

Hopefully De Sousa can bring him home in front. I think this jockey also has good rides on Miss Marble, (who I have had to back), and Thegreatistshowman in the dash. He could have a decent day today Silvestre.

With you on Star Of India each way.

Last edited:
Modest stakes on a quietish day, Derby aside:

3.10 Zakouski (12/1 taken)
3.45 Fine Wine (7/1) plus the longhsot
5.15 Solent Gateway (6/1)
5.50 Mr Wagyu (12/1)

Saw COC on RTV earlier - they'd had just 3mm of rain at 9.00, and weren't expecting much more.

What a disastrous day - I couldn’t even pick my nose. :mad: go on, double post this, I deserve it!

What a disastrous day - I couldn’t even pick my nose. :mad: go on, double post this, I deserve it!

Listowel 3.05 Common Practice 12/1 - On a line through Fiach McHugh and his stablemate National Gallery 9/2, the selection is 201b better off for 3 1/4L. The selections best form coming over C/D and going.

In the French Derby (3.00) I'd be against the fav who has a lousy draw, and qestionable stamina too, so have a small ew on the Fabre trained Ancient Rome (8/1 B365) who wasn't far behind him in that race, and is much better drawn.

I backed Al Kaheem @ 6s so have beaten the price but now for the hard part. I gave Lassaut a real chance so the fact that Demuro has jumped off must mean something. Not an ideal draw either though.

Back