What are you backing Today? Part 2

Spinaround 9/4 in the 7.40 at Chelmsford. I thought there was a lot to like about his run in a strong looking handicap at Goodwood lto and in an uncompetitive race I'm happy to side with him against the Stoute fav.

I give Bowland Park a big shout in the 2.35 at Epsom tomorrow. He probably needed his first run of the season and worth taking a chance on each way in this off an exploitable mark in the mid 80s.

I also like Victory Chime (3.45) who is the top weight in the later handicap. He is a listed winner and they might find it hard to peg him back tomorrow if he goes on from the front. He is giving lumps of weight away though.

Swiss Ace runs in the evening at Doncaster (6.41). Ideally I wanted to see him dropped to class three level after a solid fifth the last day. But then this isn't the hottest class two handicap of all time, and with just the eight runners he gets my vote, (at what will probably be a fair price).

Last edited:
In the Coronation Cup I backed Hukum apost and he's still backable at 11/2. Pyledriver is respected but too short - I think he's one of those horses you want to have on your side when he's an overlooked 8 or 10/1 shot in a decent race but at 7/4 in lesser company he's one to be against. I don't really have an opinion on the Godolphin and this is such a different test for High Definition than the last day (which wasn't that long ago) I half expect a return to the mean. Hukum is consistent and is just a bit too big a price.

Pocket the Profit is a worth a bet in the last. He was well beaten last time at Newmarket but G/F on that track was unsuitable. The winner that day, Harry Three (just in front of Saleymm who heads the market for this) wasn't that far in front of Pocket the Profit in a prior event also at Newmarket at the craven meeting, on slightly more forgiving ground.

I have two two trackers running in the 1806 at Donny. Samuel Spade was very eye-catching last week at Haydock and is off the same mark. Al Ameen I backed last time at York and he never got into the race but he was a tad slowly away and you can't come from behind on the Knavesmire. I think a step up to 7 will suit. He's well found in the market but 365 have taken a position against him.

In the Coronation Cup I backed Hukum apost and he's still backable at 11/2. Pyledriver is respected but too short - I think he's one of those horses you want to have on your side when he's an overlooked 8 or 10/1 shot in a decent race but at 7/4 in lesser company he's one to be against. I don't really have an opinion on the Godolphin and this is such a different test for High Definition than the last day (which wasn't that long ago) I half expect a return to the mean. Hukum is consistent and is just a bit too big a price.

Pocket the Profit is a worth a bet in the last. He was well beaten last time at Newmarket but G/F on that track was unsuitable. The winner that day, Harry Three (just in front of Saleymm who heads the market for this) wasn't that far in front of Pocket the Profit in a prior event also at Newmarket at the craven meeting, on slightly more forgiving ground.

I have two two trackers running in the 1806 at Donny. Samuel Spade was very eye-catching last week at Haydock and is off the same mark. Al Ameen I backed last time at York and he never got into the race but he was a tad slowly away and you can't come from behind on the Knavesmire. I think a step up to 7 will suit. He's well found in the market but 365 have taken a position against him.

Good luck in the Coronation.

Have you considered reversing the forecast in the 6.06 at Doncaster?

If like you I had two that I thought were good chances why back one over the other when you can reverse a forecast?

Just a thought.

Edited. Mixed up Manobo with another horse.

Last edited:
Gosdens’ Glen Savage won a strong Class 3 maiden at Newbury in April last year and would see off this Class5 fodder at Doncaster 8:26 tomorrow if over whatever set backs he has had. Probably best watched, but I’ll likely have a small interest to hold my attention or more if the money flows for him.

Last edited:
OH THIS IS US 235E 15/2 won a race on this card last year when rated 16lb higher.
Hasnt run badly on 2 of its last 3 runs.

Also in the same race I've done LA TRINIDAD 25/1 who I think is overpriced.

I give Bowland Park a big shout in the 2.35 at Epsom tomorrow. He probably needed his first run of the season and worth taking a chance on each way in this off an exploitable mark in the mid 80s.

I also like Victory Chime (3.45) who is the top weight in the later handicap. He is a listed winner and they might find it hard to peg him back tomorrow if he goes on from the front. He is giving lumps of weight away though.

Swiss Ace runs in the evening at Doncaster (6.41). Ideally I wanted to see him dropped to class three level after a solid fifth the last day. But then this isn't the hottest class two handicap of all time, and with just the eight runners he gets my vote, (at what will probably be a fair price).

I have switched Arqoob in for Victory Chime. Arqoob did me a good turn last year and Victory Chime is on the drift.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
Friday, Epsom 2.35 - Corazon Espinado 12/1, 6 places - only a pound higher than when a wide-margin winner of this race last year, which he did from stall 10 (of ten) so I’m not as concerned as I maybe should be by his widest draw here. I imagine the plan will be to get prominent early and try to get a breather before piling it on again from three out. I’ve taken 12/1 to 6 places with Sky Bet. I reckon the dangers are Excel Power, Totally Charming and Arthur’s Realm but I’ll decide on back-up bets on Friday morning.

Non-runner. That's the last thing I expected. I need to assume that's a loss saved.

There's some support for my one Bowland Park in that race. I think it's a good sign for him. Fingers crossed.

There's some support for my one Bowland Park in that race. I think it's a good sign for him. Fingers crossed.

BOWLAND PARK
Daniel & Claire Kübler
Bowland Park has real come into himself in the past couple of weeks. This is a competitive race and it’s valuable prize but he has won over course and distance which is a huge plus around Epsom and worth a shot.

BOWLAND PARK
Daniel & Claire Kübler
Bowland Park has real come into himself in the past couple of weeks. This is a competitive race and it’s valuable prize but he has won over course and distance which is a huge plus around Epsom and worth a shot.

Thanks for that, barjon.

Last edited:
Back