What are you backing Today? Part 2

Greaneteen - Have to be against Altior, Sceau Royal seems overbet now and PTKO I suspect might just be a Cheltenham horse. The Nicholls is overpriced at 8s - he travelled really well in the QM, just maybe didn't get up the hill. Sandown isn't quite as stiff as Cheltenham and the ground will be faster.

I'm going full Pumpkin today. I've also backed Solo in the closer and the 4.15 looks a horrible affair but Pic D'ory ran well off of a big weight lto at Taunton and his pedigree suggests the trip may not be an issue.

Small stakes but having read this went with Greanetean. Good call|

Well done Greanetean backers. Where does Henderson go with Altior now? Surely has to be retired. 11 years old and in his pomp would have carried that lot on his back and won. Won’t win another QM and doesn’t stay further so surely give him the retirement he deserves.

Reckon they'll release the handbrake on Finest (2.50 Nav) today, over this stiff 5f, and she'll make a mockery of her modest OR.
5/1 B365

Last edited:
Phil Kirby has gone to a lot of trouble to send Topville Ben over to France for a hurdle race today. Not sure what the long term plan for him is but I’ll be watching with interest and have had a little ew on at 9/1.

SMS has a 27% strike rate at Nottingham and is unlikely to have sent A La Voile (3.55) unready to do herself justice. It would seem the same ownership would also provide the pace, which should test the Gosden fav, stepping up in trip on the back of 2 wind ops.
5/1 B365

I took about a month off the racing but seem to be in fair form since I've returned.

There was nothing I am desperate to back at Punchestown tomorrow. It looks hard. I hope Fakir Doudairies runs well as I reckon his last two efforts were top notch.

Wolverhampton is the track I am looking at. I fancy three horses all to be ridden by jockey Connor Beasely.

3.00 Mustang Kodi
4.05 Annie Rose
4.35 Time Has Wings

I reckon these can all go well tomorrow.

E/W patent

Last edited:
Impressive as Haqeeqy was in the Lincoln he won the race off 93 effectively and I want to be against him at short odds today. Sir Busker was ultra consistent last year and is worth a go at 9/2

Impressive as Haqeeqy was in the Lincoln he won the race off 93 effectively and I want to be against him at short odds today. Sir Busker was ultra consistent last year and is worth a go at 9/2

Largely agree. Last night I wrote elsewhere (MON = my own ratings):

Horse
Weight
OR
MON
9-0
Notes
RPR
Duke Of Hazzard
9-0

Qaysar
9-0
? e s
117??
Marie's Diamond
9-0
?
Sir Busker
9-0
+
Haqeeqy
9-0
++
Oh This Is Us
9-0

Solid Stone
9-0
p
Prince Eiji
9-0
+?
Muraad
9-0
p

<tbody>
</tbody>

Haqeeqy was impressive enough in the Lincoln but should he really be odds-on for this? Sir Busker (9/2) is top on ORs but I don’t know if I want to back him ahead of Haqeeqy. Qaysar put up a performance earlier last year that reads very well but it was in softer ground and it might flatter him. I might think about him at 12/1. He’s had a run and that could be important.

Haqeeqy was just odds-on at the time I wrote it but when I checked this morning he was marginally odds against. I think I saw 6/4 somewhere but even that wouldn't tempt me. As you suggest, Euro, in my head I'd be taking 7lbs off his rating due to the jockey situation.

I was wrong about SB being top on ORs (that's DOH) but he's jt-top with Qaysar on RPRs. I've dutched DOH (11/1) and Qaysar (16/1) but would be happy enough for SB to win. He's an honest enough old warrior.

Wouldn't bother me either, though, if Haqeeqy justified the odds.

Most of Sir Busker's form is in strongly run contests and there's little pace in today's race. Won't be betting in the race, but I do think Haqeeqy will have too much speed for them.

Two second placers and a third from mine. Same jockey rode a separate second placer earier.

Three seconds on the day for him.

Funny old game eh.

Last edited:
In the Palace House today I've dutched Garrus and Judicial (works out around 3/1 at boosted prices) which I think is excellent value against the field. They're joint-top on my figures (Judicial clear if you take his Chester win at face value) 3lbs clear of the others. RPRs have J 3 clear of G, another 2 back to the next (Lazuli).

Lots today.

Lazuli in the Palace House. I think he's a cut above his opp. Got 4.8 on the machine

Sir Ron Priestley is a good back to partial lay prop in the JCS

Wembley ap in the Guineas with multi cover on Thunder Moon (treble with Pogo and Frodon from last week)

Zanahiyr at Punchestown

Last edited:
5.05 Punchestown
Power of Pause looked sure to be involved in the finish at Fairyhouse last time before being unluckily brought down by his stablemate and has a great chance today IMO. Not surprised he’s halved in price but 12/1 still looks good value to notch up another one for WPM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom flyer 3.50 thirsk 6/1
Raaeb 4.15 Newmarket 4/1
Sam brown 4.30 punchestown 11/2
Ensyaaby 3.45 goodwood 7/2

Singles and a yank

Poetic flare in the Guineas @16s

HAYYEL 250 sligo.i thought it ran better than its finishing position of 7th last time.5/1 blue across the board.

Chester

3.45 Dark Pine (Nap) is now an improved horse winning two races for David Loughnane, (over 10 furlongs or thereabouts). I'd put a line through the last day. He's had a decent break since that. I view the fact they are upping the horse in class for a crack at this race as a sign he's still improving. 10s is a fair price.

Last edited:
Good luck today

1.20 Ascot-Hiroshima @ 3-1 [Bet 365]

Apprentice riding has good course record [3/11]

Back