What are you backing Today? Part 2

For saturday I'm going with Eldar Eldarov 5/2 who takes on Trueshan and co.

What we are talking about is a St Leger winner taking on a Northumberland Plate winner

It's away been my belief giving away weight to slow horses is much easier than beating horses in your own class group.

Trueshan has to give away 9lbs to a classic winner who looks a Gold Cup prospect for the future.

I give him less than a zero chance of doing so.

My best bet of the week Eldar Eldarov 5/2-9/4 who will most likely start favourite

Last edited:
Father Jonjo has sent Jonjo O'neil Jnr to ride a 100/1 shot unplaced in the first at Uttoxeter and then he has a 3 1/2 hour wait for his only other mount at the meeting.

Doubt if he'll mind as Mellificent should give the yard their 3rd winner in 2 days.

Stone last turning fpor home in her only run to date she finished like a train to grab 2nd.

The 3rd has run 2nd in a decent race since so she looks worth a bet to put the cream on the cake if your having a good day.

I had my double on and the first leg Yorkshire is up so fingers crossed.,,,,,,,,,,<<<<aftertimer

Cake well and truly iced. My best day in a long time:D

Gonna chance Al Mubhir at Haydock (4.00). He caught my eye at Goodwood behind Savvy Victory in a small field over 10f and didn't seem to stay in a bigger field the last day at Newbury. Haggas steps in back in trip today on soft ground and 5/1 is acceptable.
Blew in,Euro. :thumbsup:

Gonna chance Al Mubhir at Haydock (4.00). He caught my eye at Goodwood behind Savvy Victory in a small field over 10f and didn't seem to stay in a bigger field the last day at Newbury. Haggas steps in back in trip today on soft ground and 5/1 is acceptable.

Awesome spot Euro and won easily

It's no secret I am not Trueshan's biggest fan.

He has experiance over the trip and gave away alot of weight in the Nortumberland plate

but giving 9lbs to a classic winner in Eldar Eldarov 5/2 is a different ball game altogether.

Not sure what went wromg in the Grand Prix de Paris but he left that miles behind when winning like a true stayer at Donnie.

This trip does not look betond him and getting weight from Trueshan he looks a shoe in.

Only other interests are Adayar 11/2 EW and a Double with the former and Inspiral.

Taken 6/4 the double about
Gin Coco and Fee Handshake forst 2 races for an interest over the jumps.

A tentative toe (small) dipping into NH waters with Godrevy Point 2:14 Stratford. Would have the beating of these over hurdles and well thought of for his chase debut judging from the market. Opened last night at 6/1 which didn’t last long a became 7/2 with 2/1 atm.

It's no secret I am not Trueshan's biggest fan.

He has experiance over the trip and gave away alot of weight in the Nortumberland plate

but giving 9lbs to a classic winner in Eldar Eldarov 5/2 is a different ball game altogether.

Not sure what went wromg in the Grand Prix de Paris but he left that miles behind when winning like a true stayer at Donnie.

This trip does not look betond him and getting weight from Trueshan he looks a shoe in.

Only other interests are Adayar 11/2 EW and a Double with the former and Inspiral.

Taken 6/4 the double about
Gin Coco and Fee Handshake forst 2 races for an interest over the jumps.

There’s a bug in Varians yard by all accounts a lot coughing. Be careful with EE

The 3.37 at Market Rasen is a nice little race. Kiltealey Briggs is the outsider of the lot but I'd give him a shout in this. Small interest.

The 3.37 at Market Rasen is a nice little race. Kiltealey Briggs is the outsider of the lot but I'd give him a shout in this. Small interest.

Jamie Snowden: “Out of a sister to the Grand National winner, Ballabriggs, he was 2nd on his racecourse debut in a bumper, he won two novice hurdles and was 3rd in a Grade 2 at Cheltenham. He excelled when sent novice chasing winning twice, he was placed in a Grade 2 at Ascot and was 3rd in a Grade 1. We'd like to aim for The Grand Sefton in November and this looks a nice starting point for him. This is competitive, but it should be for the prizemoney, and although he will improve for this run, he should be competitive here.”

Really competitive race this, but a bit difficult to see past Tamaroc Du Mathan for me. Just a watch, though.

GL.

Orrisdale in this race for me with the stable amongst the winners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A tentative toe (small) dipping into NH waters with Godrevy Point 2:14 Stratford. Would have the beating of these over hurdles and well thought of for his chase debut judging from the market. Opened last night at 6/1 which didn’t last long a became 7/2 with 2/1 atm.

Looked fairly comfortable behind leaders, but screwed the 9th and had a nasty fall. So we never found out much.

Someone on here mentioned Zoffanien 2 starts ago I think when he won a handicap hurdle at 5/2.

He's declared to run in Gowrans 5.10 on Tuesday in a handicap over 1M4F on a mark of 81. He is 2/7 on the flat and those two wins were in 2020 before he went over to race in Ireland.

My feeling is he could be very well handicapped to win a flat handicap now. With him winning that hurdle race 2 starts ago you'd think he is a live enough contender for this race this Tuesday?

Last edited:
Someone on here mentioned Zoffanien 2 starts ago I think when he won a handicap hurdle at 5/2.

He's declared to run in Gowrans 5.10 on Tuesday in a handicap over 1M4F on a mark of 81. He is 2/7 on the flat and those two wins were in 2020 before he went over to race in Ireland.

My feeling is he could be very well handicapped to win a flat handicap now. With him winning that hurdle race 2 starts ago you'd think he is a live enough contender for this race this Tuesday?

It was me who was monitoring him...Would be well within his compass on Thursday if ridden conservatively. Keep a close eye on market as it'll be the only guide really.

Back