What are you backing Today? Part 2

Plenty of interesting betting races but keeping stakes modest.

Sandown
1.50 - Equality
2.25 - Cicero's Gift + ew double
3.35 - See The Fire ew
4.47 - Balmacara, Storm Catcher, Stephensons Rocket

Haydock
3.15 - Sheer Rocks, Chillingham, King's Code, L'Astronome
4.25 - Boardman

(Plus some fun multiples.)

Nothing over strong today did get 5s on Billyjoh in the 425 at Haydock when prices opened but that's gone now. Also like See the Fire in the w/o market mentioned on the Eclipse thread. Done a few multis like Dessie:

ew trix:
Align the Stars (tracker been a nice horse for me bit worried about the step up in trip) 205 H
Queen of the Pride (hard to split her and Lady Boba, can't have Tiffany as the fav, want to take her on) 240 H
Blake (not a tracker but he beat one of mine, EBT's Guard, at the track and that horse has franked the form. Blake ran well at Epsom also) 412 S

ew trix:
Lady Boba (see above) 240 H
Telemark (cover on Billyjoh. Won well at Thirsk beat a tracker of mine that day..Piz Nair) 425 H
Run Boy Run (I put this horse in my tracker after a staying on defeat to Cool Dividend at the track, poor at York since but that's such a hard race and I like this step up to 7f, he's a big price) 500 H

Sandown
1.50 - Equality
2.25 - Cicero's Gift + ew double

The ride Equality got was still annoying me by the time this race started but at least CG has covered me for the day as I didn't go too modest on it and got a nice price this morning.

I really did fancy that double.

I also thought the jockey was trying not to win too far all the way up the straight but he did say the horse needed the run.

Bigger and better to come, I reckon.

Good race for my figures too:

Horse​
MON
121​
Notes​
Cicero's Gift 1st
121​
+p​
Holloway Boy 2nd
121​
p?​
Point Lynas​
120​
p​
Perotto 3rd
120​
+?​
Silent Film 5th
119​
[122y]​
Dual Identity 6th
119​
Two Tempting​
119​
p​
Classic​
119​
p? +?​
Metal Merchant​
117​
Magic Memories​
115​
p​

Last edited:
Sandown

4.47 - Balmacara, Storm Catcher, Stephensons Rocket

Balmacara was my second-biggest bet of the day and ran better than I could have imagined, pulling 13 lengths clear. Unfortunately some other bandit finished in front of him. I look forward to putting a figure on that form. It looked like quite a performance from the front two on the clock.

He's deffo going in my tracker. Blake was the third part of my winning trixie, a very nice win. The form looks very solid, Persico franked Blake's form later in the card as did Portsmouth really at Ascot and EBT's Guard did the same at Yarmouth. That race needs a looking at as well as the winner came from an unpromising possie. Saturday's trix was my biggest win on racing since Corebus won the Guineas. After a couple of really bad flat seasons this has been a very good one thus far

He's deffo going in my tracker. Blake was the third part of my winning trixie, a very nice win. The form looks very solid, Persico franked Blake's form later in the card as did Portsmouth really at Ascot and EBT's Guard did the same at Yarmouth. That race needs a looking at as well as the winner came from an unpromising possie. Saturday's trix was my biggest win on racing since Corebus won the Guineas. After a couple of really bad flat seasons this has been a very good one thus far
That's a great winning trixie, E.

Top stuff (y) 🥇

Looking at Worcester 4.20 I like two:
Champetre - an improved show lto, he'll like the distance, the going, is visored 1st time and trainer Oliver Signy, though having had few runners here, has a decent track record. 28/1

Moodofthemoment. Was on my list for his last but one rules chase, where he made extremely good headway late on to snatch third over an inadequate 2m 4f. Switched stables, comes here on the back of three point-to-point wins. Is bred to stay forever, is going - adaptable, runs for a new stable 20/1

Looking at Worcester 4.20 I like two:
Champetre - an improved show lto, he'll like the distance, the going, is visored 1st time and trainer Oliver Signy, though having had few runners here, has a decent track record. 28/1

Moodofthemoment. Was on my list for his last but one rules chase, where he made extremely good headway late on to snatch third over an inadequate 2m 4f. Switched stables, comes here on the back of three point-to-point wins. Is bred to stay forever, is going - adaptable, runs for a new stable 20/1
I have also taken Moodofthemoment for the same reasons that you have

3 nice winners Euro.

Back