What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mays Boy starting to look well handicapped but doesn't look like running back to form yet but I've backed it the last few times on a speculative basis and will be doing the same today.

Also looking well handicapped is Ace of Spies, two come back runs not disastrous and Hayley Turner back up on board today.

Chemistry Master for Harry Fry over the jumps looks a decent each way price.

I'm also placing a bit of money on Turtle Thomas each way. Has won a point and a bumper over 21f albeit a couple of years ago. Appears disastrous since but trainer has 11% strike rate this season and could be well handicapped.

Quickly followed up by another thanks to Hayley Turner!! Good price as well.

Well done PTP..

Homeward Strut looked over priced last night at 14/1 and still 12/1 with two books.

Draw not as bad as last time and drop in trip should suit.

Turned out to be a bit of a gamble.

Mambo Spirit 6/1
2 Rose Garnet 10/3
3 Homeward Strut 11/4 Fav

It turns out Hugh Taylor has scuppered my lay on Beauchamp Xerxes, but I'm still hopeful of getting matched in running.

easy in the end

The race was, but trying to get on last night was way too stressful, having a bot going one tick above me permanently.

I rarely bother with the over nights and just goes to prove it's a total waste of time.

I can't remember how many exactly, but BX has had 4 or 5 full brothers try the track and failed.

Well done EC

Last edited:
A continuation of my theory I'm working on - Monday -11.5pts

Tuesday - all 1pt e/way if bigger than 9/2 - 2pts win is 9/2 or less. Slighty tweaked from lessons learned yesterday.

Southwell

2:50 Mediterranian Sea
4:20 Mazovian
4:50 Ace Of Spies
5:20 Bonnie Prince Blue / Mcconnell

Exeter
2:10 My Viking Bay

Kempton

4:00 Luggers Hall
4:30 Addict / May's Boy
5:00 Sherjawy

This showed an 11.7pt profit yesterday which gives an overall P/L +0.2pts so I shall continue.

Wednesdays:
Dundalk

7:50 - Banna Boirche / Billyford
8:20 Gan Locht / Mutiska

Downpatrick

4:35 Daytime Dreamer

Not a lot jumping out at me today and AW cards looking poor.

small permutations on all the Thornton's today - AP over in Downpatrick and Andrew at Wetherby.

Backing again Refuse Collette at Dundalk tonight. Primarily because it was an eyecatcher two runs ago where the jockey appeared to be deliberately finding trouble and finished four lengths back in about 8th, he kept weaving the horse in behind as if ensuring not a clear run. Better claimer on this time than last and expect a better run. 1pt each way stake to me.

Dundalk 6.50 - The drift on Infanta Branca is hilarious. He's an all in job at 7/4

should be about evens imo.

.the current price tells me its not winning tonight...

whereas before the cynic got in me i would have called it a massive value bet

imo it will lose

currently 3.0

Last edited:
should be about evens imo.

.the current price tells me its not winning tonight...

whereas before the cynic got in me i would have called it a massive value bet

imo it will lose

currently 3.0

You're like the rest of the sheep. I could see this coming a million miles away.

sheep?..cheeky get;)

to me ..backing drifters is for sheep Slim..not tother way round

like i said..at one time i'd have been joining you..not these days..would rather not bet on this type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back