What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran fairly well but couldn't have met more trouble if he'd tried. Almost believe he was trying to run up the arse of every other horse to be honest.

MAGIC DESTINY 4.40 NEWBURY
Magic Destiny loves this ground. 3 of her 4 wins have come on good to soft or slower, 3-8 overall with a further 3 places. She is 4-6 in fields of 7 or less runners. She is yet to win in class 3 but she was beaten a neck last time finishing ahead of a previous winner of a class 3. She is up to 88, 8lbs higher than her last win, but Joey Haynes takes a very useful 5lbs off. She is 4-8 racing against her own sex as opposed to 0-9 when racing against the males and on good to soft or slower her record improves to an impressive 3-4. Her defeat was second to Dutch Rose who is now racing off 99.

Dusky Queen won a 0-85 apprentice race last time beating Monakova and Kalk Bay. Kalk Bay franked the form by placing in a 0-85 yesterday. She steps up to 0-95 here and is 0-2 never placed on good to soft or slower and also in class 3.

Beautiful View didn’t make much of an impression on Princess Loulou last time though her form figures of 122 on this ground gives her a chance. Hannon won the race last year.

Jubilante faces bottomless ground for the first time. She is 4lbs higher than her win at Pontefract and she didn’t look a natural over 7f on the only time she tried. Morrison is 1-42 in handicaps at Newbury over the last 4 years.

Maid A Million is 22lbs higher than her win in a 0-75 in May without winning since. Her third to Tantshi would give her a chance but she ran badly just 3 days ago.

Lilac Lace was fourth in a 0-90 last time. She is just 2lbs higher than her mark when winning a 0-80 in the summer. She is 4-6 in fields of 7 or less but 0-4 on good to soft or slower.

Radio Gaga won a listed race on soft ground last season but she has flopped on three runs this year.

Conclusion: 3yos have dominated this event over the last six years winning five. However, Magic Destiny looks to hold very chance here. There is an absence of a recognised front runner and Magic Destiny has made all in the past. She could feasibly set soft fractions here and run the finish out of these in this bottomless ground.

Mrs Grass away for the weekend, so I'm treating myself to an afternoon in front of the telly, and some borderline negligent-parenting.

Aintree 13:55
Karinga Dancer (4/1) seems to have improved since going full-time under Harry Fry's care, and hasn't been threatened in last three runs. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Aintree 15:05
Walkon (4/1) isn't unduly punished of 151, has smart track form, and is much more likely to give his running than most of these. Think he's an each-way bet to nothing.

Chepstow 13:50
Doing Fine (4/1) showed some promise last time out, finishing well clear of the third, and I'll take my chances with him. Not convinced at all by the hot-pot.

Chepstow 15:35
Ceasar Milan (9/4) will go on the ground and the track should suit. This one already had a nice profile, and Nicholls can improve them, and I'm pretty-confident that he can beat the gamble on the Williams horse.

Very impressive performance from Night of Thunder to beat Aeolus like that considering how the Hannon horse Musical Comedy had franked Aeolus's form. If N of T can transfer that form to better ground he will be a serious horse next year .

Yes, looks a proper horse on soft ground, surprsing to see how cheap he was sold being a Dubawi.

Tac de Boistron in the Royal Oak. Should reverse form with Altano, who would win over 4m I reckon but the drop in trip will favour Botti's charge.

Tac de Boistron in the Royal Oak. Should reverse form with Altano, who would win over 4m I reckon but the drop in trip will favour Botti's charge.

Well done Aragorn.

Thanks. Serious horse, would expect to see him in 1m4f group 1's next season. Looks to have stepped forward since joining Botti's and has plenty of pace.

Nice one, Aragorn.

Bruff (4.05) ran 4th lto in a race stuffed with previous winners. The winner was subsequently right in contention before failing to last up the Cheltenham hill, and the 3rd was leading 3 out, when coming down at the same meeting.
Has the 2nd from the Gowran race to beat, but with a 4lb pull and heavier ground to aid him, that shouldn't prove too much of a problem.
Current 7/1 looks more than fair.

Nice one, Aragorn.

Bruff (4.05) ran 4th lto in a race stuffed with previous winners. The winner was subsequently right in contention before failing to last up the Cheltenham hill, and the 3rd was leading 3 out, when coming down at the same meeting.
Has the 2nd from the Gowran race to beat, but with a 4lb pull and heavier ground to aid him, that shouldn't prove too much of a problem.
Current 7/1 looks more than fair.
You didn't factor in the ****-poor jockey. :mad:

4.00 Ffos Las-Kilvergan Boy @ 13-8 [Boylesports] BOG

Trainer in good form with eight winners in last couple of weeks. Should make race fitness and weight concession count over the favourite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back