What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Simpson Jersey View Post
SSL=Six Silver Lane, eventually ran 4th in that race and has now been dropped to 49 in a class 7, G Baker back on board, backed again last night from 16/1-6/1, dropped back in trip to 7fs which he won over at Laytown in Sept 2012. Interesting that all the horses that finished in front of it in March at Wolver have since won at Class 4 level.

Felt that Baker got caught napping by an enterprising ride from Spencer, backed into 3/1 fav again.

Notice this has gone to New Trainer in Ireland who is 4-7 at Dundalk from 3 runners this year. Won over C/D off 76 2years ago, runs from 50 tonight!
Strategic Heights ran 4 times for him 2111 gone up from 47-72.

Well done Simpson :thumbsup: :cool:

A good day yesterday.

A portion of the profits reinvested as follows:

3pts win Book Em Danno, 2-1 (4.25 Mkt Rasen)
1pt ew Layla Joan, 5-1 (3.15 Fairyhouse)
0.75pts ew Mitebeall Forluck 7-1 (2.40 Fairyhouse)
1.5pts Lewis Hamilton to win the GP 11-10
2pts double India to win the cricket and Oxford to win the boat race (about 11-8 the double)

Would have been tempted to put the first one on the Will Win thread but I note it has disappeared after yesterday's unpleasantness. Let's keep it civilised eh lads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be having a go on Sizing Machine in 2:40 at Fairy.

Won his novice chase is grand style, disappointed in his limited chase starts since then, but I'll take him to bounce back today regardless of worries about ground, as I reckon he's a smart horse who will go well from the front. A nice 50 day break will have him spot on today. I don't think soft ground is the issue, but whatever was is hopefully behind him. You want to catch horses like him right on days like this when dropping in the rating a few pounds.

Last edited:
Cork 1.55 Alainn 1pt e/way 20/1 - looks interesting only 1 of two with racecourse experience when behind Beach Belle then trained by Jim Bolger and owned by his wife. Sent to Brendan Duke and still owned by Mrs Bolger - would he be 20/1 if still trained by Jim?

Best of luck, Chef. Good to see some big prices popping up on here, hopefully one can win!

Smoothtalkingrascal (4.00) was bought by Cheveley Park after finishing 2nd to one of theirs in the Epsom Dash. Has disappointed twice since, but must have shown improvement at home (possibly gelded?) for him to be journeyed to Ireland.
Has Maarek to beat, but only 2lb wrong at the weights, so not insurmountable.

ran a shocker

only other bet i could see is in the 3 horse race at 5.05...Tirghra gets weight from the other two and will appreciate the ground..

which i doubt the odds on Tahaany will.

can't fancy AOB's with the stables runners not firing yet

Tirghra at 5.3 has a real good shout here under the conditions

A Forum inspired Yankee today.........

2:20 Car - Un Guet Apens 5/2 (Digger)
3:00 Sth - Red Invader 7/2 (Can't remember who put it up last week)
3:20 Car - Dark Glacier 9/4 (Roddy)
3:50 Car - Ben Akram 3/1 (Chef)

€4 win Yankee & €6 4 Fold. €50 Stake total.

Best of luck to all involved.

Sweat on!

Cathedral got an inspirational ride from Oisin Murphy to win a poor enough race last week -even with Ryan Moore riding I make him a place lay at evens.

No dice! Got off to a flyer. Didn't see the race, but I believe Dark Glacier was a bit unlucky, bad mistake 5 or 6 out cost him dearly.

The Yankee returned €64.

We'll click one yet!

i put up red invader last week on the will win thread - so i was right in the end :D

Well done EC - excellent as ever.

I fancy Divine Intavention at Ludlow today (4.00). Opposition looks weak and I think he'll make amends for Cheltenham. I took the 9-2 last night but considering going in again at the current 7-2.

I'm sure Martin (Irish Stamp) will have an opinion on this one too - would be interested to hear it if you're reading Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back