What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have to back Wicklow Brave at 16s, his last run something was up and was just caught out up the hill in Cheltenham. He finished ahead of Western Boy and Valseur Lido at Cheltenham also but is twice the price. I'm hoping the good ground sees a return to form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twinlight 8/1 Punchestown 5:30

Saw an interview with Willie on ATR over the weekend and he was very optimistic on Twinlight's chances. His early season 2m chase form is very good. And a much improved performance when only 3 lengths 2nd to Arvika 3 weeks ago at Fairyhouse. If Arvika was in this race he would be clear fav!

Also Twinlight finished off last season by winning a competitive handicap chase at the Punch festival last April.

As most have already suggested, this looks an awful race. I just can't be having the top 3 in the Market. Baily Green way out of form this season, Sizing too Old, Ballynagour - trip too short.

I'm having quite a significant E/W bet (For me !) on Twinlight today.

Yeah well done Simpson. We did well in that race! I'm following the second off that mark in future.

The thread seems to have gone quiet.

Yarmouth
4:05 Gift Of Silence (nap)

Nottingham
2:45 Fruit Pastille
3:45 Entihaa (nb)
4:15 Wannabe your man

Last edited:
So glad I saw sizings price this morning and thought "why are you that price??!!!" :) (with apologies for the aftertiming - not that anyone intelligent takes any notice of me!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ricko and Marble, as you say these forums have gone dead quiet, posted the same horse on Betfair forum on Sunday, hours before the race and never got a single reply, there was nobody on here either and about 4 people posting on the olbg. Most horse racing enthusiasts only really seem interested in the big meetings and festivals, shame really.

Suprised that The Osteopath is the outsider of the field in the 7.50, loves it here and acts well on soft, not sure how the small field will suit him as he usually runs in big fields, but worth a little bet at 9/1 imo.

Thanks Ricko and Marble, as you say these forums have gone dead quiet, posted the same horse on Betfair forum on Sunday, hours before the race and never got a single reply, there was nobody on here either and about 4 people posting on the olbg. Most horse racing enthusiasts only really seem interested in the big meetings and festivals, shame really.

More a confidence thing with me Simpson

Iv'e had a great start to the flat season, backing Gigilo's picks but mainly concentrating on maidens.
As soon as I put them up though there getting beat aren't they!:)

I agree though, It would be nice to see a few more forumites putting up there punts for the day.

No worries mate...sent you a PM a while back, did you read it?
Just not sure if you generally get an alert when you have one.

I think this is the longest I've gone since joing this forum wihout getting an update to this thread!

Gone through the card today looking for some value.

My Punchestown picks today.

3:40 The Conker Club 33/1
4:15 Mallowney 12/1
4:50 Nedzers Return 20/1
6:05 Bob Keown 12/1

E/W Lucky 15

5:30 Quevega 11/10
6:40 Balder Succes 11/4
7:15 Urticaire 5/2

Trixie & Treble

Thought Mallowney was a winner waiting to happen for some while now, very dissappointed the last day when waiting on the horse for the last leg of a multiple, will give it one last chance today.

Inis Meain (6.05 Punchestown) missed the cut for the Pertemps when I thought he had an excellent chance. 5 places each way with Paddy Power and bet365.

Last edited:
Tagtale should go close in the seller at Redcar 2.25 now dropped in class and wearing blinkers

17:30 Punchestown - At Fishers Cross

(Ran well at Aintree and Cheltenham so worth a small bet at 9/2).

Last edited:
Yes ,well done.. 7/2 a good priced winner, Colzoss.

Treat Yourself is the only fancy for myself today in second race at Punchestown. I'm forgiving last run, because before that looked like a very progressive chaser. At the foot of the weights might be worth a second look today.

Last edited:
Been a few years since a win but xilerator in the 1525 at edcar is looking to be on a niceish mark. No recent form but one warm up run a week ago and now on lowest ever mark. Trainer in okay form although his lad is on Rocket Ronnie in the same race. Fancy a small each way tickle on this one.

My Punchestown picks today.

4:15 Mallowney 12/1

Thought Mallowney was a winner waiting to happen for some while now, very dissappointed the last day when waiting on the horse for the last leg of a multiple, will give it one last chance today.

Finally................ !!! After your post reenforced my thinking, had a single too :cool:

There was a very shrewd judge called Bulwark on TRF years ago who used to rant and rave about Won In The Dark, think it was because his sire was Montjeu or something.

Ran a 6l fourth to Solwhit last year at Aintree over 3M1F, apart from that only decent (recent-ish) form is from two years ago. Stepped up in trip today, cheekpieces on, down to a rating of 130, I think I've seen worse 40/1 chances.

One to keep on your side............. don't blame me if he's pulled up though clearly :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back