What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barzalona an interesting jockey booking tonight at Yarmouth on what appear to be three nags. Surety in the last however looks a typical Brittain handicap debutant. First race last year over 6f, beaten 8 lengths by a horse that went on to be a group 2 fillies winner. Not sure if had problems after that win as only seen this year with two prep runs over 8f. Dropped back to 7f and expecting to see some better speed tonight.

6.25 Yarmouth.
Frontline Phantom gets his ground for the 1st time tonight since coming back from 2 1/2 years off, hasn't run too badly on softer ground but all his wins over 1m2fs came on G-G/F, coincides with the h'capper dropping him a few pounds and the jocking up of a 7 lbs claimer. Has to go well from this mark surely!
Backed it at 16/1 last night but 4 NRs, not sure what the rule 4 would be.

A bit dissapointing, let him fall to far back but i'll settle for 3rd, haven't got a clue what price i'm on at though with the NRs, touched just over evens IR.

Strongest for myself tomorrow is Etaab for Willie Haggas in Nottinghams 4:20..... 80 is a mark her trainer will have her primed to strike off. An outsider worth a few pennies (e/w) is Penny Garcia in the 3:20.
She badly needed the run the last twice when weakening quickly, but she showed a bit of class last summer (2nd at York to Majestic Moon), and as a 2yo, winning races off higher marks than she has tomorrow, so if she were to put her best foot forward she could run well down in class.

Last edited:
After last night's non runner put paid to an each way return, I'm on Penny Garcia today, 1520 at Nottingham. Easterby tends to follow the same pattern and last year with this horse he ran it twice after a few months off, lowering the mark and then romping home at 16s. Same pattern today, not beaten a horse in two starts after break and 14s today...fingers crossed

Class stuff EC.
Thank you.

Shame about the 40p in the pound...... robbing cabrons :lol:

Good Luck

4.50 Southwell-Grandest @ 2-1 [Bet Victor] BOG

Combo of Gosden and Havlin very effective over this CD

4th

Last edited:
Kempton 8-30. Westminister - First time blinkers could bring out improvement. A small e/w at those prices..

Last edited:
Hughsie misses the last at Epsom to make the Bath deadline...his first ride in the 6.20 Naivasha This is her first run in a handicap off a mark of 66. She gave the impression there's a lot more to come that day, she acts on the ground and she could be absolutely thrown in..............Get your Australia money here ;)

If you've got a Boyles account you've got to back Snow Scene @ 10/1 in the 6.30 in Leopardstown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back