What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughsie misses the last at Epsom to make the Bath deadline...his first ride in the 6.20 Naivasha This is her first run in a handicap off a mark of 66. She gave the impression there's a lot more to come that day, she acts on the ground and she could be absolutely thrown in..............Get your Australia money here ;)

faces fair pace pressure here..have had a sneaky place bet on wedgewood estates..5.5 to place... in this...will be finishing when others have beat themselves

Last edited:
Hughsie misses the last at Epsom to make the Bath deadline...his first ride in the 6.20 Naivasha This is her first run in a handicap off a mark of 66. She gave the impression there's a lot more to come that day, she acts on the ground and she could be absolutely thrown in..............Get your Australia money here ;)

Nice one:thumbsup:

Cheers!

Woodcote Stakes Epsom

The names Cymro and London Life may not mean much to anyone.

They're both trained by Tom Dascombe.

Cymro in his first ever run finished 2nd to Baitha Alga at Chester and London Life was beaten under a length on the same course by Richard Fahey's entry Ballymore Castle.

London Life went on, to make all, and easily turn over a 2/1 on shot at Leicester giving Ballymore Castle a timely boost for todays race.

With that win under his belt and him going the right way you would perhaps have expected him to have had a crack at this 22k prize having already run Ballymore Castle so close.

Instead Tom Dascombe runs Red Icon.

When Ballymore castle beat London Life Red Icon was having his first race and finished only 1 1/2 lengths behind his stable mate.

Red Icon with that run under his belt then went to to Haydock , was heavily backed and won as he liked.

The indications are that Red Icon could be in a different league to his stablemates and if that is the case Ballymore Castle will have his work cut out today to beat him.

How much he or Baitha Alga have improved since their last races is hard to say but reading through the lines I'm pretty sure Tom Dascombe thinks his horse can go very close to winning this.

Red Icon 7/1 EW looks the safest bet with an excellent chance of a big payout.

--------------------------------

Obvious bets seldom come up but I am having ago with a straight win treble on Man In Van, Cirrus and Australia to add a bit of excitement to the day

Last edited:
In The Dash Swan Song has the pace to lie up from her good draw, and can produce a kick at the business end.
Bet 365's 14/1 with 5 places looks more than fair in the circumstances.

In the Coronation Cup I wanted to go for a totally outside-the-box bet: Beacon Lady without the front two but there was no market so I've gone for the place only at 11/1*.

On the face of it she has as much chance as I have with Jane Hill. But I was really taken with her wide-margin win in a competitive handicap here last time. Steadied early and detached out the back, she was ridden with ridiculous confidence to pass everything in the space of about 25 strides and then shoot six lengths clear in the next 25 before easing off to maintain that advantage to the line with the jockey just sitting still for the last half-furlong.

With her headgear and high head carriage she reminded of old Knockroe (she isn’t grey, mind) scampering down the wide outside the day he broke the track record under 10-0. I wouldn’t back her at 66/1 to win the race but can see her being ridden for a place. It's just a fun bet.

*That was this morning when there were 8 runners...:(

Last edited:
White Nile (4,05) won a similar class race to this quite cosily, then was swamped for speed in what turned into a 3f sprint in higher class afterwards. Subsequently nowhere from a nightmare draw in the Chester Cup, the OH kindly dropped him 2lbs because of it, and Oisin's claim means he's effectively only 2 pips above his winning run.
The money's come for it, but there's still a little 6 & 13/2 available in places.

Last edited:
I have been passed a word from the side of a mouth that Amazing Blue Sky runs his proper race today in the 4.00 at Ayr. The source is someone I was at school with, who worked at Newmarket for 20 years. It's the first piece of info she has passed to me since we became facebook friends a few weeks ago. I'm only risking small stakes, as it's the first piece of info she has shared with me.

Amazing Blue Sky is on Gigilo's to follows which is good enough for me.

I'm throwing it in a each way patent with Chosen One and Funding deficit.

Bit of a guess on Red Cobra being ready for a win by Easterby is tempting me too.

I'm backing two at fontwell today.

Discay - hacked up last time, yard is red hot. Short but deservedly so.

Bostin - another impressive last time out winner. Don't think the hike in the handicap will stop him but have taken 100-30 ew just in case as Another Brandy does look a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm backing two at fontwell today.

Discay - hacked up last time, yard is red hot. Short but deservedly so.

Bostin - another impressive last time out winner. Don't think the hike in the handicap will stop him but have taken 100-30 ew just in case as Another Brandy does look a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a look at Discay earlier..on breeding i'm not convinced the course will suit Benny..tenous negative i know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back