What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke Cosimo in the 4.10 at Redcar. Went into my tracker on his second run for David Barron at Donny in May and has scope for further improvement.

SMS sends one horse all the way to Redcar today which is unusual to say the least.

I'm not even sure if he's ever had a runner there?

The idea is obviously to find an easy race for him but that doesn't mean he'll win

Watching the video of him run in his only outing didn't exactly fill me with confidence showing very little to get excited about.

Al Rayan ran a bit of a race for 3 furlongs behind the Wow Factor at Ayr but he looked as green as a cabbage. No doubt he'll have learned from that but he looks like one who might need another couple of runs before he gets the hang of things.

Spring Offensive is a different ball game all together. He looked every bit like a winner waiting to happen when finishing 3rd under a hands and heels ride at Hamilton.

There was a lot to like about the way he responded. He was obviously in need of the run coming from the Richard Fahey yard and going off at 20/1.

Spring Offensive 4/1 will hopefully make it a good start to the day.

Get no medals for saying Black Cow will hack up but PN wouldn't find an easier race for him this side of China. One More Tune couldn't beat me round a race course and the rest should be pulling carts for living.

Can't remember the last time I backed a 1/3 shot but all the winnings if Spring Offensive obliges are going on then it's out to the pub.

Happy punting.

I'll get shouted down here for after timing.
The wife makes me pull over by a bookies today and says I hear there is a horse called Tiggy Wiggy running today, I want to back it because of the name. (My profile name is a bit of a clue). As I put the bet on for her, I had to back it for myself (first bet on the ferret racing for ages!).
7-2....nice, won by the proverbial mile.

Don't worry about it my Partner is Thai and was sitting a few feet away on the sofa when she heard the name and asked what"s a Tiggy Wiggy and when I told her she said back that one LOL

Unfortunately unlike you I never listened.:(

Master Speaker (4:45 Curragh) E/W looks a generous price considering he's improving with every run.
The application of a tongue tie has worked a bit of magic. I don't think the handicapper has him yet either.

Last edited:
AYR 2:45 - Going for the top weight Klynch here.

Experimenting with visors which may help, but Klynch is down to a nice mark again, allowing him to slip to class 5 company.
Hopefully he'll put his best foot forward.

Last edited:
Normally 4lb would be enough to turn round a 1 1.4 length deficit which was the distance Jinky finished behind Goninodaethat but it's more about the ground than weight at Ayr today.
I can't understand for the life of me why Jinky who's best form is on good ground or faster should be shorter in the betting

Goninodaethat 7/1 EW could easily go in again

Last edited:
I imagine it will be lightning fast ground at Ayr today.

I might take a wee drive down if I've nowt else happening. I used to make a point of attending this meeting when it was the second biggest of the year at the course and when Russian Winter was winning on a regular basis. I think he might eventually have won the race named after him.

Edit: just checked the BHA site. It seems they had 44ml of rain on Saturday. We had mizzle most of the afternoon up here but it only served to freshen up the grass. I didn't realise it had bucketed down at Ayr. However, the course dries out very quickly, yesterday was warm and dry and today is forecast to be warmer with no rain so with a going stick reading already higher than 8 I would still imagine the word soft will have been removed from the going by off time.

Last edited:
Normally 4lb would be enough to turn round a 1 1.4 length deficit which was the distance Jinky finished behind Goninodaethat but it's more about the ground than weight at Ayr today.
I can't understand for the life of me why Jinky who's best form is on good ground or faster should be shorter in the betting

Goninodaethat 7/1 EW could easily go in again

:confused:

:D

are you still taking those tablets Martin ? :lol:

If gonnienodothat leades he'll be a certainty for a green up at least .......get yer balls on him :D and get ready with that lay button to make yer self some dosh

Plenty of pace in the 2.30 @ Sandown, and Snow Squall is all the rage with his improved performance when stepped up in trip latest. However, up in trip, class, and over a stiffer course, he's worth taking on.
Devilment (c9/2) will do nicely. Improved himself for a raise in distance 2 ago, was murdered off a nothing pace dropped backed to shorter subsequently, and should relish both the extra distance and the fast ground he gets here.

Four at leopardstown tonight,

Cocoon will have improved for his run the last day, worth a bet in the 6.25
Byron Beauty got no luck in running at Ballinrobe the last day, thought it would be a galway horse but shows up here instead, NAP of the night 7.30
Nateeja was well backed and thought to be up to winning at the curragh recently, worth another chance today ew at nice odds in the 8.00
Hudson Bay to bring up the Lucky 15 in the last.

Richard Hannon may be aiming a bit too high with the Queen's Peacock today. He'llhave to improve a bundle to win the first.

If this was over 7f or 8f I'd fancy Kodi Bear but he took forever to get going over this trip last time and Muhaarar should have enough natural spped to steal a match on him and last home.

Muhaarar 5/2

York 5:15 - Olivia Fallow can be forgiven for the last run after getting in trouble, looks the nicest handicapped horse in the race and is being quite heavily backed. (Carries 8:1 with a 5 pound claimer on).

Trainer has another interesting runner in the 3:30 in the form of Line Of Reason who has every chance in The Sky Bet Dash.

Last edited:
Nathr may have needed his 1st run of the season but he looks like he lacks an engine to me and Munafleet's had plenty chnaces.

Inis Airc was all over the shop last time but he;s definitely got an engine if Hughsie can get him to behave he could just about win the 7.50 at Salisbury, at a good price, which looks like a very ordinary maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back