What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year has been a revelatory one for me. I've been watching far more lower grade racing than I normally would in an effort to find notebook horses and one thing I've noticed is bookmakers really don't put a lot of effort into pricing up races that take place away from the TV screens on big race days.

I've barely had any bets at Goodwood but have had another good week.

Yes me too, Apart from having a good week
Top quality racing for watching
Low grade for betting

Despite hammering Kingman if Forgotten Rules had been beaten I would have come out losing..........I can only thank my lucky stars I was out and missed most of yesterday's racing.

It must have been a nightmare for punters at Newmarket and Goodwood

14 races between them with no winning favs favourite and Newmarket to top it all had only one fav reached the frame.

Last edited:
This year has been a revelatory one for me. I've been watching far more lower grade racing than I normally would in an effort to find notebook horses and one thing I've noticed is bookmakers really don't put a lot of effort into pricing up races that take place away from the TV screens on big race days.

I've barely had any bets at Goodwood but have had another good week.

Swendab in the 4.25 at Newbury looks a fine example to me Euro.
Form figures of 121 at the course including in the corresponding race last year
which he is just 4lb higher at the moment and last week got nailed close home by Flying Bear who ran 2nd in a hot looking handicap at Goodwood today.
14/1 been taken with PP.

NONE RUNNER

Last edited:
First port of call today was to see what AP was riding.

He said something last week about needing X amount of winners which means he'll be trying extra hard if there is such an additional animal in his make up.

I'm having a 3 cross on Lucky Cody 7/4, Chalk It Down 13/8 and Dorry K 6/4 = 37.5/1 if all 3 win.

Plus singles on his other 3 mounts which are hard to fancy but knowing AP he'll probably boot one of them home.

Davy Russell hasn't had a winner at Galway yet. He's riding for our fav trainer Mr Winters who no doubt will give him instructions which Davy will nod his head to and smile.

I had a look when she won 2 races back and she was fairly impressive and looks to have as good a chance as any today.

Samantha Jones 10/1 ew

Good man EC just don't be laying AP's other short priced ones lol

Gotta stick with Davy Russell to do Tony Martin's....he can't win with everything........can he?

CLONBANAN LAD threeandthrupence on the nose.

First port of call today was to see what AP was riding.

He said something last week about needing X amount of winners which means he'll be trying extra hard if there is such an additional animal in his make up.

I'm having a 3 cross on Lucky Cody 7/4, Chalk It Down 13/8 and Dorry K 6/4 = 37.5/1 if all 3 win.

Plus singles on his other 3 mounts which are hard to fancy but knowing AP he'll probably boot one of them home.

Davy Russell hasn't had a winner at Galway yet. He's riding for our fav trainer Mr Winters who no doubt will give him instructions which Davy will nod his head to and smile.

I had a look when she won 2 races back and she was fairly impressive and looks to have as good a chance as any today.

Samantha Jones 10/1 ew

if AP was not on chalk it down..i'd be laying it i think..then again it wouldn't be as short as it is ..looks to have a penalty for a race it would have finished 2nd in last time..hope AP gets it home for you..i'll watch this one

Cheers EC

Can't understand for the life of me why Notarised is shorter than English Summer.

David Nolan understandably is replaced by George Chaloner after he made a complete balls of things at Haydock.

Spanish Plume and/or Notarised are likely to go on and should set it up for English Summer who is in great form and has actually won off a 10lb higher mark in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back