What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently 1.64-fairly weak market and he is the only familiar name-artificially short in my opinion.

good call Luke

When Cumani's run so well on debut they are worth following second run..in the in the 4.50 Ascot Blue Waltz can beat the fav solar magic who isn't forced to appreciate the quick ground

Sigh
Took 11/4 Orwellian in the last up here today
The buzz of beating the market doesn't last long
I really need to start using my Betdaq account again.

I fancy Proper Charlie today (Ling 2:45) :) (HAHA)

This horse was winning races here at Lingers two years ago off marks a stone higher, (65 & 68).
Came back from a four month break and showed something he hadn't been showing prior to this comeback.
If they've got him right he wins this off 52.

Last edited:
7.35. Hostile fire @ 3.5.

Lack of pace a concern and hughes msy try and steal it.
Canivo is of interest grom impossible draw but the picks run in a newbury msiden reads very well.

Apologies for late post and spelling errors but tried using my phone as Chrome crashed on me whilst typing up.

That Newbury maiden on the 21/9/13 has now produced 13 winners from 50 runs.

It was Hostile fire's 3rd run, when finishing 6th, so it would have been a fair call he wouldn't have been over-busy.

The 8th is now 101.
11th: 62
4th: 93
3rd: 101
2nd: 77
Winner: 84.

Even on the back of two wins, Hostile Fire's new mark of 70 still looked a decent one, although the pace issue was a concern.

Warrior of Light at Ffos Las. Been waiting for this one since he ran well at Goodwood in May. Probably dodged a bullet when he was withdrawn in the race Connecticut won on the July Course last Friday. 5/2 decent enough against the field he faces this evening.

Decent day considering the losing run I've been on, my Lucky 15 going well after Cavalyman obliged!
Hopefully Arabian Comet can make the frame in the next, seems to be in top form and is well backed in the market. No one seems to fancy Purple Bay over at Galway in the Plate judging by the betting, which is a little disconcerting.

Last edited:
Missunited is an admirable mare with a fantastic cv but I'm a place layer at 4/5.I thought she had a very hard race in the Gold Cup-she won't forget that.

Delighted for him, very interesting person.

I reckon Fanning should have ridden the second as if she would stay and be more assertive but anyways, (certainly a horse with a big future is Arabian Comet), I'll settle for the place, especially with a special winner like that:)

Last edited:
fav beat,,but not by mine:surrender:

only interest later is a lay in the 8.05

i layed Nave earlier at 2.42..has drifted to 2.7..will probably come back in..max lay for me.

This year has been a revelatory one for me. I've been watching far more lower grade racing than I normally would in an effort to find notebook horses and one thing I've noticed is bookmakers really don't put a lot of effort into pricing up races that take place away from the TV screens on big race days.

I've barely had any bets at Goodwood but have had another good week.

I'd love to pack in flat racing and just follow the jumps, when the big meetings are on they reel me back in though! As a product (including a betting product) the jumps is genuinely different gravy.

Last edited:
The biggest result I had this week is getting stuck in work yesterday meaning I couldn't make the annual Friday in the pub for Galway/Goodwood-I would have been cleaned out yesterday.
I think it's very difficult to win at the big flat festivals if you get heavily involved every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back