What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a barsteward

main bet tonight in the 8.00..Uplifted will relish this ground..hammered Suni Dancer by 6 and that one won off that mark afterwards..this has about 10lb in hand but hasn't had the soft ground since..decent bet..amazed its 4.9 at the moment.

Carlisle
5:30
Two horses which are interesting from the point of view of checking their hurdles ratings.
The Brian Ellison trained top weight Vodka Wells is 122 over hurdles, races with a flat rating of 67 at Carlisle tomorrow. Likewise Spot The Pro is 117 over hurdles........ 64 on the flat. A horses flat rating should be 40 pound (or thereabouts) lower than its hurdles mark. These two horses are more like 55 pound lower, so could both be well handicapped to some extent. With both showing some fair form in maidens they are of most interest, and preference is for Spot The Pro who is more than twice the price at 10/1.

Last edited:
well done Fonz:cool:

i can see why royston french don't win many..i don't like blaming jocks but there is a limit even for me

Cheers

I tend to never slag jocks off either mainly because Iv'e never sat on a horse in my life but a few weeks ago I vowed for the first time ever to never again back a horse ridden by a certain J P spencer.

Carlisle
5:30
Two horses which are interesting from the point of view of checking their hurdles ratings.
The Brian Ellison trained top weight Vodka Wells is 122 over hurdles, races with a flat rating of 67 at Carlisle tomorrow. Likewise Spot The Pro is 117 over hurdles........ 64 on the flat. A horses flat rating should be 40 pound (or thereabouts) lower than its hurdles mark. These two horses are more like 55 pound lower, so could both be well handicapped to some extent. With both showing some fair form in maidens they are of most interest, and preference is for Spot The Pro who is more than twice the price at 10/1.
No one seems to want this fella (16s & above now), whereas Vodka Wells shortening all the time at the 2/1 mark (bit short really). Could be worth following both, win and e/w respectively.

QUEEN HERMIONE (Nott 6:35) has caught my eye with the strong market support today. Won two class 5's so far in limited career, off a similar mark today. The e/w price has gone but I'm backing this one to win today.

Last edited:
No one seems to want this fella (16s & above now), whereas Vodka Wells shortening all the time at the 2/1 mark (bit short really). Could be worth following both, win and e/w respectively.

QUEEN HERMIONE (Nott 6:35) has caught my eye with the strong market support today. Won two class 5's so far in limited career, off a similar mark today. The e/w price has gone but I'm backing this one to win today.

small ew double on both at 10s and11/1 will do nicely best of luck

4.25 Carlisle

mocassin

doesn't seem to like very flat tracks so its always a good idea to run him on one ..get a bad LTO run in..puts punters off..before putting him in a race where he has a good chance of winning. that looks to me like what is happening with this one. Would not appreciate the fast ground its recently been running on either..but the pay off is the nicely reduced OHR which now stands at 67.

Last time mocassin ran on slow ground was at ponty last year..3rd horse dark ruler has since won off higher marks and is currently 12lb higher than in that race..mocassin is 12 less

So we have a very well handicapped horse..on an ideal surface..at an ideal track..today's the day..5.7 taken

Last edited:
if it had just kept a straight line would have just about won...layed back to win double my stake at 1.4..but that was a decent payout gone amiss..the logic was good

Last edited:
Gutted!

Fancy anything else today mate? Haven't even had chance to look at the cards as I'm flat out at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double figure prices look good value on Economic Crisis, ( Bev 3:35), who has won two races this year prior to her losing form for a while. However, she is back on a previous winning mark again now, and if you look at her form you'll see she loves cut in the ground, which she could get today.
Economic Crisis is quickly turned out here after a decent staying-on fourth at Haydock Park.

Last edited:
My Spirit -355 Salisbury-I like the way this filly has been campaigned,being unbeaten in 3 starts and getting a nice education.She steps up in grade today but she is bred for the job and has Ryan Moore in the saddle today.I am going to have a modest bet at 5/1.

5.10 beverley. got to dream [nap]

Well done EC.

I'm going to go out on a limb with one tonight at kempton. 7.50 race, go dolphin run three. World fair is the outsider. Ran in a good maiden at goodwood, missed the break, hit the rail, made good ground, met a wall of horses and wasn't beaten up. 33/1 in places when I backed it ew. Few quid coming on betfair now.

yes i thought same Tanlic

good luck with that one Del..i'll have a bit on that and Fret..that maiden behind Taaqah she ran in is working out well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back