What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.00 York

Artistic Jewel is the outsider of them all here...currently 19.5 & 4.5..win+place.

This horse seems to really find form at this time of year so I am happy to ignore the previous runs..trainer is in good form and at her best as she has been before in the Autumn months..without those other runs this year... would be favourite here.

possibly a shot in the dark but going to have a go win+place

Gambol (4.05 Y) needs a trip (Cesarewitch entry) and wasn't helped by the stop/go pace in a much better race over this c/d latest. Might still have featured though, has Hughsie not boxed him in for 2f when the sprint for home started, and wasn't persevered with when the principals had flown.
Has a major chance in this class, and 6/1 tag doesn't nearly do him justice

Finished last, unbelievable! :mad:

Dropped back 3f, The Corsican (3.45) was a revelation latest. Travelled like the best horse in the race despite the trip and picked them up comfortably, even though baulked twice when making his run. Up 7lbs today, but that shouldn't be nearly enough, and the current 7/1 is looking extremely generous.

Dropped back 3f, The Corsican (3.45) was a revelation latest. Travelled like the best horse in the race despite the trip and picked them up comfortably, even though baulked twice when making his run. Up 7lbs today, but that shouldn't be nearly enough, and the current 7/1 is looking extremely generous.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done reet. Was on Mange All myself, continuing the seconditis I've been suffering with recently.

Between Wickets was behind Mange All at Ascot on KG day and went on to show a dazzling turn of foot when winning at Salisbury a fortnight or so later.
He runs in the 2.50 at Sandown today and is worth a bet at 5/1. The Gosden shortie who heads the market has never run in a handicap and his maiden win back in April was on soft ground. Begging to be taken on.

Great call !

Good God, in-running "certainty" players are surely bleeding badly with Cotai Glory just now?

Alonsoa can take the mayhill back on better ground

too keen early...one of the biggest negatives in racing..and there is a lot of it about

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Can't see Out Do out of the places in the Portland, though Intrinsic is feared greatly.

Last edited:
I am going mad or is Windshear much too short in the Leger ? 6-1 in places . At 12-1 he might be an ew bet but I can see him plugging on into fourth or fifth .

One firm was offering 25/1. Bit of an insult but not sure he's a guineas winner.

I took the 25s after Newmarket and was very surprised he was still that price not just this morning but also after the race so I took that in an each-way double with Cursory Glance (which I'm on singly at big odds).

The other Hannon horse currently fav for the 2000 might not have the same scope for next season.

If he gets to Newmarket in one piece I can see Estidhkaar at single-figure odds, which he will be anyway if he wins the Dewhurst.

Can see Ivawood just galloping most into ground..he seems to just grind everything down whilst he just keeps going..more a grinder than a speedy type..so may not suit guineas

Last edited:
They've made no secret of their opinion that Ivawood (couldn't recall his name off hand) is better at the moment, EC1, but plenty of observers are saying he might just be more precocious. There was something about Estidhkaar's sectionals at Newmarket too that appeared to point to unusual ability.

I wouldn't be too confident about either winning their respective Guineas either, Aragorn, but I thought they were seriously overpriced at the original odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back