What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played.

The Fontwell race a decent example of why I can't hack the laying game.

to be fair Track that particular instance is rare over the sticks ..obviously you always have the fall risk..then again if you had backed the unlucky one..you still lose your money just the same..laying something at evens and backing it is the same thing when this happens

Going back maybe 7 years after a busy Saturday where I had won and lost a fairly serious amount in a day I got to the stage where there was a million dollar race in the states with a hot fav and a big field.A lay of the fav would put me ahead for the day.
Did the business and laid him at the right price.I think the race was over6 furlongs -at the start the favourite lost maybe 8 lengths -an incredible amount of distance in a sprint.Second fav hacked up by 6 lengths fav come through to finish in a bunch with the placed horses.After the best part of ten minutes an enquiry is announced and I start to get worried -the horse I had laid finished second by a short head and a short head-needless to say first past the post was chucked out.That was a hard lesson learned.

Thought she had slipped them there for a moment
Good stuff nonetheless EC

**** all.

This Saturday, the Shergar Cup one, all those between Goodwood and York. The one where the big race is that 2yo event at Newbury.
And yet an argument flat fans use against the jumps is that too much of the latter revolves around Cheltenham and the former is quality THROUGHOUT the summer. Such bollocks.

**** all.

This Saturday, the Shergar Cup one, all those between Goodwood and York. The one where the big race is that 2yo event at Newbury.
And yet an argument flat fans use against the jumps is that too much of the latter revolves around Cheltenham and the former is quality THROUGHOUT the summer. Such bollocks.

Maybe it's just that the flat actually has sufficient good meetings to allow a 'between'? :lol:

I'm going to try something different.

a 7 horse accumulator at short prices over a few days.

Crazy I know but convinced with luck it can be done.

Prices at time of posting

100 pts Cape Xenia 1.37 Places 3 Betfair

2. Workbench 1.46 Places 2 Betfair

Possible running total 4.2% tax deducted 215.9 pts

Last edited:
David Bass thought Herony pinched a nerve and was never travelling last time out. He should redeem himself today without too much fuss.

I will be backing him to win but (adding him along with Charming Thought both on the place market) to my attempt at a 7 horse short priced accumulator. I will be checking in later to add the prices I take.

Best I could do is 1.13 and 1.31 Didn't expect them to be so short..........will take the running on total to about 315 pts if they both win............maybe one more selection to follow if I can get a decent place price.

Last edited:
The AP gamble is on the drift..............with 3 places I'm having the running total of 381.25 pts on To the Sky at 1.4 to place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back