What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:10 Ffos Las - Little Jimmy 4/1. Traveled really well lto and was hard on the bridle and looked like he was coming to win the race when made a blunder 3 out.
I made a note that day that if we was back out next time of same mark in same class race he would definitely be worth a bet.
He's been dropped 2lbs for that and has Nico De Boinville on board today taking a further 3lbs off.
Track, trip and ground are all ideal and horse is at least 5lbs well in.. Reasonably big bet for me today!

2:10 Ffos Las - Little Jimmy 4/1. Traveled really well lto and was hard on the bridle and looked like he was coming to win the race when made a blunder 3 out.
I made a note that day that if we was back out next time of same mark in same class race he would definitely be worth a bet.
He's been dropped 2lbs for that and has Nico De Boinville on board today taking a further 3lbs off.
Track, trip and ground are all ideal and horse is at least 5lbs well in.. Reasonably big bet for me today!

That one hurt! Got on heavily at 9/2 and 4/1 - market follows and he goes off 2/1 fav.
Humble Ben nearly uprooted the first 3 fences, clattered another few on the way round and still gets up to win as the outsider of the 6!
He must have traded at 50/1 at least while Little Jimmy was absolutely cruising all the way round!
Some days you just can't win! Gutted!

That one hurt! Got on heavily at 9/2 and 4/1 - market follows and he goes off 2/1 fav.
Humble Ben nearly uprooted the first 3 fences, clattered another few on the way round and still gets up to win as the outsider of the 6!
He must have traded at 50/1 at least while Little Jimmy was absolutely cruising all the way round!
Some days you just can't win! Gutted!

might have done it without that error at the last...a bit unlucky DH i think...as for the winner..bloody hell..got more letters in its form than in its name

3.50 Catterick

This one is getting like an old friend to me..JOLIE BLONDE. 2.86 taken.

Morris will be at work on this one from a long way out but it keeps finding and there is till more to come at this trip.

The market is being made by AJ Martin's dark un...dara tango..to me this is one of those ..it stays 2 miles over hurdles..so will do same on flat jobs...hasn't won beyond 12.5 on the flat and i think its a falsie here. The rest will need wings would have thought.

Last edited:
3.50 Catterick

This one is getting like an old friend to me..JOLIE BLONDE. 2.86 taken.

Morris will be at work on this one from a long way out but it keeps finding and there is till more to come at this trip.
Nice wan, EC. :thumbsup:

Did you get paid on that one boys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no i didn't..i could have laid a bit off but hoped for the best instead..it didn't come:)

best bet runs tonight

6.10 Wolverhampton

Coillte Cailin

This one is a maiden but i think its ready for winning based on the last run. Closed into a fast late pace last time and if it had been a decent pace early there was the moral winner. I been waiting a while for this one hoping that when it does appear it gets in a race with some pace..it gets that here with at least 3 on pacers.

5.2 taken

Last edited:
I've backed lyfke in the last. Off Gigilo's to follows, the Morrison horse makes it a decent price.

cheers guys..when he went inside rail i thought oh dear..but she enough in hand...think she might go in again even off higher mark.

I'm not backing Lyfke Benny even though it ran a big overall time last time..it was a very windy day..that really bad one if you remember..that race was run in very unpleasant conditions...it messed with times at wolves and kempton...and they upped it to 7f. It may well hack up but at the price i'll sit pretty for one day

Last edited:
I've backed lyfke in the last. Off Gigilo's to follows, the Morrison horse makes it a decent price.

That went well. Stick to the day job I reckon, I've had a shocker punting in the last few weeks.

Talking about getting your money back I am hoping to do that today.

I've had a bet on the Tingle Creek on Sprinter Sacre and will have 2 more later to day with the idea of backing something today to cover those stakes.

The horse I really like is in the 1st at Taunton.

Dancing Rita took a long time break her maiden tag but did it impressively last time out.

She was always travelling well within herself and kicked clear on the home turn.

2 others did mange to get within striking distance but there was a lot to like about the way she picked up again.

Normally when a horse has been beaten as many times as she has winning only 1 from 16 I'd avoid backing her.

However when you look at the opposition you have 4 horses who have never won anything and the remaining horse's has won 2 from 32 runs
Only one of those came over hurdles and that was over 2 years ago before Mick Channon got shot of him.

Dancing Rita 15/8 with Paddy Power looks over priced to me

Sedgefield
1.30 Silver Gent - "He is a grand lad, who is crying out for fences. Last season he won a maiden hurdle in April and then followed up at the start of the new season with a win in a hcp hurdle in May. I think off his mark he can win over fences."

3.00 Royale Knight - "He is a cracking horse who came to us on a mark of 85 and is now on a chase rating of 124. I do think he has another good race in him, but he is a very good stayer who requires a trip of 4m. He is best suited by genuine good ground and is tough and genuine."

3.00 Many Stars - "He is a dour stayer who will be competitive in regional nationals.He wont want the ground too testing, but will handle genuine winter soft ground."

4.00 Laika - "She has always worked well and finished second on her debut in a bumper and I think she lost to a decent sort. She needs some more juice in the ground and will be winning sooner than later. I suggest you keep an eye out for her."

Stratford
1.10 Gold Man - "He is a really good jumper, who won an Irish Point-to-Point in April. The form of the race has worked out well. Since he arrived here he has done well." - won 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back