What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shine a Diamond looks a good bet at 6/5 in the 2.00 at Musselburgh.

Doubts about all rivals, should be odds on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering myself lucky there! Still, makes up for the four seconds I backed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar Deity ticks plenty of boxes in the 7:40. Botti right in form, 40 % strike rate with Martin Harley, Solar Deity has proven form which is head and shoulders above the rest.
He's well worth a mark of 104 and I think he's a 13/8 chance myself, so am surprised their holding out at the current price. I'm sure something will challenge him at the business end but I'm happy to take my chance that his head will be in front on the line!

Last edited:
Put him in an e/w double with ANNAROE (TOW 1:10) who ran with credit last time at Fontwell when second and who can hopefully capitalise today with Adam Wedge on board. She didn't travel well that day so the visor may help in that regard.

Ironically that's my first wife's name. Knowing what I know Adam Wedge would have had difficulty mounting let alone getting a good ride!

Solar Deity ticks plenty of boxes in the 7:40. Botti right in form, 40 % strike rate with Martin Harley, Solar Deity has proven form which is head and shoulders above the rest.
He's well worth a mark of 104 and I think he's a 13/8 chance myself, so am surprised their holding out at the current price. I'm sure something will challenge him at the business end but I'm happy to take my chance that his head will be in front on the line!

Cracking race, Marb, and I hope he wins for you. Would have backed him myself, but there's likely to be a strong pace and I've doubts about him lasting home.

Aye Reet, its been a shite day for me. Yesterday I had a good double at Warwick up, (the only annoyance was the bookies I placed the bet sent me around three different shops to collect my winnings, which meant I missed backing another winner in the evening, that I'd planned to do when collecting the double).

If it's not incompetence its fecking negligence! :) You can't rely on the Muppets to even pay out a 4 figure sum these days. No wonder no one bothers going in apart from £2 merchants.
Oh....I didn't mention the fact that unfortunately they didn't have a price on the well backed Nicholls horse in the bumper yesterday (one of my winners on the double), meaning I had to settle for SP (11/4) when I should have got 6/1 as I put the bet first thing the shop opened, (cost me 4 figures alone that did).

I'm still not sure if they didn't have the prices at that specific time or just more incompetence/negligence. They did have 6's when I checked on my phone a half hour later, but I was leaving the town then and wasn't really expecting to land the double (nor did I realise how well backed the Nicholls horse would be), so didn't say anything or head back.

Today is one to forget - No excuses.. apart from Solar Deity was looking around a bit before the start and looked to be thinking a bit too much. :)

Last edited:
Had a very similar experience myself yesterday, Marb, but fortunately I'd written he price on the slip. Offered to pay me at sp, but I wasn't having any, and I know the ropes a darn sight better than the staff in that shop did, so it was eventually sorted in my favour.
Re Solar Deity; didn't look as if he was off at all today. Right horse (imo) just the wrong race, and that happens to us all.

True. The biggest wind up of the saga yesterday was when going back to the first shop where I'd placed the bet to collect my winnings, the same lady who had told me there was no prices yet for that race earlier, tells me I should have taken the price! I'm like..'do you not remember me asking you for it?!'
You couldn't make it up, sorry if your reading in love, nothing personal. :)

Last edited:
Check this out you geezers

Michael Scudamore has only ever had 14 runners at Hexham 5 winners and 7 placed. Sends 3 there today, there's money to be made.

it ran in the 4.40.and will hopefully keep drifting each time it runs... like it did today

Billy got caught napping unfortunately...like Khatiba,,held up off a steady pace..keep an eye out for Khatiba,,it will win when it gets a decent pace...and the 4.40 winner ..that one until it hits a 70 OHR..then leave it alone

i'm not putting any more tips up for a bit now ..I'm going to spend more time doing stuff i've neglected...having a break from forum time..i enjoy it but there are other things to be done

Happy to put forward Odeon in the November Handicap.
Have always felt there was a big race to be run in this fella.
Best performances have all come on galloping left handed tracks, so Doncaster will be right up his street.
There's enough proven form to give him a chance:
Soft ground can hopefully allow him to stretch this field out from the front.
That's how I kind of envisage his chance in this race. The rest is unfathomable!

Last edited:
Mount Logan has been single figure fav for the November Handicap all week, but has drifted to 12/1, no doubt on account of the ground. A flat reading of his form does suggest the going was against him when he disappointed in a gp3 last season, but he ran well in a subsequent race at Newmarket when the going was changed to g/s immediately after the race, and his action and pedigree both suggest he'll actually revel in today's conditions. Improving apace too, and looks a solid bet at current double figure prices.

Alfie Spinner and Fox Norton at Wincanton.

Obvious ones for me as I follow the stable but they both have claims, Alfie has gone close of this sort of mark a number of times over the last year or so and 14s is fair, good each way price.

I took 21 on the machine about Fox Norton last night. Bit of an insulting price and the front two in the market are both worth taking on. FN ran a fine race at Punchestown last May

2.30 Sandown Bally Legend
A competitive handicap this one with lots in with chances but this fella's only 3lb higher than when taking the RP chase and with his rider taking that much off he rates value at 14/1 IMO

Here is my preview of three races from Wincanton -http://bit.ly/WincantonPreview

For me, the opening race could produce a superstar with exciting horses from the top stables lining up. Any thoughts on Sandown?

Welcome to the forum Michael. I'm quite sweet on Emma Lavelle's Caufield Venture in the 3:40, looks like the one to be with in that race.

Last edited:
Gerrard`s Slip looks interesting in Doncaster`s 12-40:whistle:. A nice appetiser just before the Liverpool v Chelsea game kicks off:D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back