What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince's Trust (3.30) blew away a decent field at Yarmouth, then ran poorly on rain-softened ground at Ascot. Likely to have too much speed for Intransigent on this more suitable surface and is a solid bet at the current 7/1.

Well done, Reet.

Taken a chance on Masterpaver e/w in the 6:30.
Punters only seem interested in the front four in the betting, however Masterpavers form is 4131223 at Kempton, I reckon the stronger pace he'll get in this class 3 race will mitigate the fact he drops down three furlongs. An improving 3 year old with solid form, seems like a good left-field choice to make the frame.

Last edited:
6:10 Dundalk - Harry Trotter 20/1 William Hill. I think this could be a plot job and I expect this price to contract!
He ran on soft ground at Cork 2 weeks and didn't fire. Ground was not too his liking.
On ATR after the race, Kevin Blake said watch out for this horse on good ground OR at Dundalk next time out!
Sure enough he's out in Dundalk tonight. He has lots of course form here and has won over C&D more than once.
Back to his last winning mark and Conor Ring takes another 3lbs off tonight (Did not have apprentice Jockey last 3 runs).
With 8 runners, it makes this a solid E/W bet at 20/1.

2.35 Nmkt Apache Storm

2yo's win this almost without exception dominating the last 6 renewals. Only 2yo in the field and by Pivotal. A max bet for me.

2.35 Nmkt Apache Storm

2yo's win this almost without exception dominating the last 6 renewals. Only 2yo in the field and by Pivotal. A max bet for me.

don't want to spoil your pick..don't want you losing a big amount though....but if you are basing it just on the 2yo thing then its worth considering that over the last few years the 2yo winners have been pretty highly rated...and in a few years have been a fair few 2yo's run in it,,so you would get more of that age group winning

if you not basing it just on the 2yo thing then just ignore me

don't want to spoil your pick..don't want you losing a big amount though....but if you are basing it just on the 2yo thing then its worth considering that over the last few years the 2yo winners have been pretty highly rated...and in a few years have been a fair few 2yo's run in it,,so you would get more of that age group winning

if you not basing it just on the 2yo thing then just ignore me

If only I had read your summary earlier. Cost me a nice few quid. I realised that the previous 2yo winners were decent but thought Apache would show more today. I was impressed with her the last day. Anyway, back to the drawing board��

Silviniaco Conti ideally needs a stiffer test than he faces today, and is well worth taking on at the price.
Taquin Du Seuil conversely, has always looked to need further, and today's trip should see him improve enough to belie their respective ratings.

I hope he wins but won't be backing him. My only wager today is Gevrey Chambertin in the big handicap at Ascot. He was overfaced in his two chasing starts last season and appeals off 139. His win in the fixed brush race at Haydock hinted at the level of ability he has and I managed to nick a bit of 12's yesterday afternoon.

A wee play on,

Toujours L'Amour at Newmarket,
On His Own in Ireland,
Mustajeeb at the Breeders Cup.

Would give a shout to Baradari in the 3:00 at Ascot. You have to assume his season was geared towards the Fred Winter in 2013/14 where he ran a creditable 5th behind a subsequent winner in Tim Easterby's Hawk High. I'd put a line through his next two runs.
I reckon he's one of the best in at the weights here and worth a stab at those prices.

Last edited:
Ever since I saw Geraghty whipping the living daylights out of him last year when he was a well beaten 4th at Newbury and should have been pulled up I've felt for the horse.

Last edited:
He runs like a horse with a physical problem, something is niggling him and it's stopping him putting it all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of good shouts there boys

Earls Quarter 3.50 at Wetherby
Has ran well in some quite hot company mainly when trained by Willie Mullins, Only has a Jumpers bumper to his name for Ian Williams but after an abortive spell over fences has reverted back to timber and ran on well over 2m1 here a couple of week ago
Up in trip today and Johnson on board he can go well.

Backed TDS there but what a grand animal Menorah is
Has held his form magnificently well over the past 5 years

Scottish Glen (NEW 4:15) goes well right handed & a rating of 78 is very workable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back