What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning for home at Wincanton you'd have been hard pushed to pick the winner with any degree of certainty as it looked as any one of 7 could have won.

However when Gary Derwin asked Presenting Arms to pick up the race was all over bar the shouting in a matter of a dozen strides.

He got a 7lb penalty for that win but 17lbs might have been more appropriate.

He could be accused of being inconsistent in the past but he was so impressive last time anything like a repeat and I doubt if any of these could even make him break sweat

He's odds against when I backed him but I doubt if that will last long when the UK get's out of bed.

Presenting Arms is what we called in the old days a 3 star NAP.

3.10 Southwell

This race doesn't look to be too pacey which gives Kingscome a good chance of seeing it out. Record at Southwell reads 1181111

win+place taken...7.2 & 3.05

Backed it each way and the drift to 8-1 makes for a return in any case, cheers EC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warwick 1:30 - Tom George has knocked in winners recently at good prices including God's Own yesterday, The Ould Lad should be able to build on his comeback run and taken to win off an identical mark of 110.

Nottingham 3:25 - NON RUNNER

Last edited:
It Must Be Faith (2.20 Nott) has been a revelation since dropping the cheekpieces and running up with the pace. Blew away his field over c/d latest, and though raised a little in class, ought to prove up to it.

Last edited:
Chepstow 1:10 - Arzal 4/1 -From small yard but trainer seems to be flying with 2 winners from 3 runners in last 14 days.
Same trainer as the impressive Winner, Drifter 8/1, put up on the Juvenile hurdlers thread a few weeks ago by Bachelors Hall.
When stable jockey was asked about this horse Arzal, he said shhhhh, don't be telling anyone bout this horse and that the jockey in France must have been some clown not to have won on him the last time...
Something to that effect anyway. Made a note of the horse then.
McCoy booked today and already been backed from 9/2 into 7/2 most places in the past 30 mins or so.

Last edited:
Warwick 1:30 - Tom George has knocked in winners recently at good prices including God's Own yesterday, The Ould Lad should be able to build on his comeback run and taken to win off an identical mark of 110.

Nottingham 3:25 - NON RUNNER

Nice!

It Must Be Faith (2.20 Nott) has been a revelation since dropping the cheekpieces and running up with the pace. Blew away his field over c/d latest, and though raised a little in class, ought to prove up to it.

Apologies for the price - though I'd taken 7/2 minutes before I posted.

7.20 Kempton

Khatiba - been waiting on this one running again..they haven't dicked about with a distance switch which is nice..up in class ...but last time showed its a class 3 horse with a very quick final 3f time..has about 7lb in hand here even with the rating raise.

3.75 taken

Musselburgh 1:00 - DHAULAR DHAR won his only hurdle race September last year off a three stone higher rating. The old timer hasn't been in bad form on the flat lately, he is clearly leniently treated because of his old age but doesn't seem to be running like a horse in decline. He's one of the better bets of the day.

Put him in an e/w double with ANNAROE (TOW 1:10) who ran with credit last time at Fontwell when second and who can hopefully capitalise today with Adam Wedge on board. She didn't travel well that day so the visor may help in that regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back