What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of horses that i made a note of recently run today.
Yard of Ale for Kristin Stubbs in the 4.10 and Lord of the Storm for Bill Turner in the 5.10.

Yard of Ale looked like getting placed at least at Wolver 2 runs ago but got stopped in his run and Gibbons eased him off, ran at Sthwll lto and ran respectably but looks better on the tapeta. Hoping he'll drift a bit from his current 2.7 as support comes for the Vaughan horse.
Lord of the storm ran into all sorts of trouble lto at Wolver but finished fast to be just denied a place. Looks like everyone has picked up on that run and price has been slashed from last nights 16/1-7/1 on BF. Returned from 2 years off in the summer and shows he still holds his ability, has won at Lingfield from 52 by 4 1/2 lengths, only thing that tempers enthusiasm slightly is the slight drop in trip, EW.

GL Simpson, I'll be watching out for those.

Spanish Arch drifting like a barge but I'm happy enough to have taken these big prices, 1st or 2nd will do. :)

Unbelievable drift towards the start, could have got 16/1 on the exchange, makes up for the previous SP on Yard of Ale but i did have some on at 2.7!

What do we think of Brabazon in the 3.30 lingfield today? Been following this nag for quite a while, think and hope it's off today.

Robin Hood is being supported in the 5:20. Up in trip after some staying on efforts, down to a very low mark and with the blinkers on...don't be surprised! :)

Moss Street at Ludlow (1st Race) and Top of the Glas at Catterick (Juvenile race) a strong double for me today...

Ive been getting a mail all week telling me about the "Christmas Money" some crowd are going for today....all I need to do is ring them up......which will be difficult when hell freezes over....

I like Baltic Prince tonight (6-50). Trained at my local stable until very recently and improved and won 4 races last season. Has had a few minor injuries this season with the result it`s form suffered and handicap rating dropped. The stable was very patient with it and felt they`d got it back to near it`s best. Unfortunately, the owner hasn`t been as patient, or loyal, and moved it to Tony Carroll. Within a few days of moving it dots up at Wolverhampton and could quite easily complete a quick double tonight. Carroll gets all the credit while Paul Green who, effectively, did all the work is shown in a bad light to those not knowing the full circumstances. It can be an unfair sport, especially when you have fickle owners!

Paddy doesn't like the fav in the 18:45 (Vaguely Spanish).
He is going 2.87 in his "PowerPlayPlus" as against the current Betfair 2.14.
Just thought I'ld mention ................ :rolleyes:

Goring One very interesting E/W in 2:!5 at Wincanton.
Started off chasing off mark of 100 a couple seasons back, has won 6 handicap chases since then, including three at this track Wincanton.
So 110 seems a fair mark to start this season off and Goring One won first time out last year. A decent e/w chance.

Last edited:
Searchlight 5.15K went away from a similar field when the persuader was applied, latest. Never run at Kempton before, but his record on a fast surface 5f reads 143111, and there's little reason he won't improve it today.
Current 5/2 will do nicely.

Kempton this afternoon.
Scraping the barrel in this 5f sprint, but i do think that Pearl Noir is overpriced at 10/1, using Danzoe as a marker this horse would have a similar chance to the favourite Bubbly bailey based on his win here on 3/10 only 3lbs higher in the h'cap now he has put a 5lb claimer back on top. Made 3/1 fav lto against Danzoe and Give us a belle at Wolver but this track probably suits it better, definately just a 5f horse.
The out of form John Best has the likely fav here in Mossgo but couldn't hold on in a class 7 lto and may get collared again. I think it's probably between Aaranyow and First Rebellion who both finished behind Give us a belle and Danzoe at Wolver. Don't think there will be much between them but slight preference for First Rebellion who again won over C/D in October but does have a bit to make up on Aarayow on Wolver running.
Old favourite Thane of Cawdor looks sure to go very close back on his favourite track, came back to form lto at Wolver and looks likely to be held up for a late run by Kirby, 3/1 looks a bit skinny though, will put it in EW doubles and trebles with the others.
Fascinating race this with lto easy winner Lorraine(who hacked up at Wolver) running against Chelwood Gate and Tevez who both ran very well lto in Flamborough Breeze race. Chelwood Gate and Tevez raced upsides each other towards the back of the field but whereas Tevez went off in pursuit of the leaders, Crowley appeared(to me), to allow his horse to drop back and although travelling well left it far too late to make up the ground. Really find it hard to choose between these 3 but will definately back Chelwood Gate EW if 7/2-4/1.

Hills will return stake on that race (K 5:15) if selection is 2nd. (Via App and mobile site).

Scraping the barrel in this 5f sprint, but i do think that Pearl Noir is overpriced at 10/1, using Danzoe as a marker this horse would have a similar chance to the favourite Bubbly bailey based on his win here on 3/10 only 3lbs higher in the h'cap now he has put a 5lb claimer back on top. Made 3/1 fav lto against Danzoe and Give us a belle at Wolver but this track probably suits it better, definately just a 5f horse.

10/1 for a 4/1 shot, nice start to the evenigs proceedings!:D

Kempton this afternoon.
The out of form John Best has the likely fav here in Mossgo but couldn't hold on in a class 7 lto and may get collared again. I think it's probably between Aaranyow and First Rebellion who both finished behind Give us a belle and Danzoe at Wolver. Don't think there will be much between them but slight preference for First Rebellion who again won over C/D in October but does have a bit to make up on Aarayow on Wolver running.

Brilliant stuff Sj just got on the fc in the last, missed Pearl which was s shame....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back