What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Anadin, 10/1 was ludicrous for Pearl Noir and i'm more than happy with 6/1 for Aaranyow, had both with Pearl Noir in EW doubles and trebles with Thane of Cawdor, just hope he obliges.
Wouldn't be totally suprised if Tevez got up in the last as the 7lb claimer gives it every chance but really can't pick between the 3 of them.

Thanks Anadin, 10/1 was ludicrous for Pearl Noir and i'm more than happy with 6/1 for Aaranyow, had both with Pearl Noir in EW doubles and trebles with Thane of Cawdor, just hope he obliges.
Wouldn't be totally suprised if Tevez got up in the last as the 7lb claimer gives it every chance but really can't pick between the 3 of them.

Gl with those, nice little xmas box if comes in.... btw following you in for interest lol...

Not sure about Tevez this time, I put him for the place lto, don't think Holly will give the same ride s Probert gave.... I like Lexington Blue in the last e/w.

I notice gigs has tipped Taaresh in Thane's race later - might be worth a saver SJ! Well done so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it on the daily picks thread or some secret punting ring?

As Taaresh hadn't run on the flat for a year and another year before that, can't imagine that it's been picked up from the Daily Picks thread, last won on flat nearly 4 years ago, presume must have been a private message but has had good hurdle form recently.

Filbert is an interesting one at Exeter (1.40)
If Wilton Milan repeats the form he showed at Newbury a week ago he could be difficult to beat but that came in the first time cheekpieces and they may not have the desired effect a second time. Even if they do he may find this coming plenty soon enough and he is taken on with Filbert who has got competitive with better horses in the past than he faces here. He ran better than his final finishing position suggests at Sandown last time out where a better round of jumping may have seen him get much closer to the placed horses. His win at the same track last season from a three pound lower mark looks solid form in the context of this race and, if he can brush up his fencing, he looks weighted to get at least competitive in this lesser grade. There is a slight concern regarding this trip but even his Trainer hasn't quite made up his mind whether he needs it or is better over shorter. Given the form of the stable it's worth chancing his judgement against a favourite that looks plenty short enough.

Tap Night's (E/W) form over hurdles - 223111615 - Not a bad strike rate by anyone's standards.

He was a promising hurdler before switching to fences so good to see Tap Night back over timber again.
His last win over hurdles was off a higher rating than today (140). He's ran well at Aintree a couple of times.
I'm forgiving that last run, I think he'll go well.

Last edited:
It wasn't much of a race that Street Artist (8.15W) won latest, but he had the whole field shot to bits before the turn into the Southwell straight.
Steps up in class today, but it's not much more than a mediocre class 3, and with the longer trip likely to bring further improvement, looks a solid bet at the current 4/1.

I managed to back Royal Trooper lto having noticed it's run behind Kelamita previously when young Backy took the horse on the scenic route around Wolver, she only did the same thing lto but still won easily. If this was over 12fs i'd be confident that it would follow up under 4lb higher mark. Horse has won over 1m7fs at Warwick years ago on soft ground from 76 and as Brisbourne seems to have got this horse back to form think must have a very good chance of following up @ 9/2
Will have an EW saver on Jan Smuts who has only run twice on AW but is a consistant horse on turf, staying definately his game. Beaten 13 lengths over C/D lto but that was a grade higher and superior race. 12/1-14/1

no almanac selections tonight:)......Gambino has a little left in hand on my calcs but i'm not seeing the drop back in trip as a trying effort..needed full 8.6 last time

one i've spotted in that 6.15 race that looks like they might be trying although its currently 12.0 on bfair is Naabegha

the positives are:

first time in 0-75.

jockey switch from a 1/16 rider to Winston who is 5/28 +£28.

a 7f winner who was run over 5f ..too short...last time at Southwell..a track that doesn't suit either judged on its other run there..that run helped get 2lb off and enabled it to run here

so..i've had a few bob on at 12.0

Last edited:
i've also had to lay Cilento in the 7.15..i don't think a deal to that mdn it ran in..i'd favour Acclimate's form over that and the only thing stopping me backing that one is Harley has got off it to ride other stable hoss..so its easier to just lay the fav than bother the head about what is going to win

7.15 cilento layed at 1.76

Good luck EC1, this place is very quiet for a saturday. I'm out tonight so i'll just leave my bets on and see how they got on later.

Baltic Prince (8-45 W) should complete a quick hat trick.

Strange ride he gave that his intention was to lead,they crawled out of the stalls the whole fieeld and he dropped it in,just completely ruined the horses rhythm it may not of stayed even if ridden properly but the ride he gave it was abysmal,very suspicious ride for me...:whistle:

Strange ride he gave that his intention was to lead,they crawled out of the stalls the whole fieeld and he dropped it in,just completely ruined the horses rhythm it may not of stayed even if ridden properly but the ride he gave it was abysmal,very suspicious ride for me...:whistle:

an odd one..but..

he led on the far side..then he got cut up..other horse cut in front as if jockey were saying..i'll lead faster than this get out the way.

if it were my horse..i wouldn't have wanted to win last night anyway as with what they would have put it up..it wouldn't win again for 12 months..whereas now they can calm the weight rise down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back