What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the man, a 2/1 winner who probably wouldnt have won if Grandouet stood up.

Well done on sprint race.

You are the man, a 2/1 winner who probably wouldnt have won if Grandouet stood up.

Well done on sprint race.

yet another episode in Hamm's.. "how to win friends & influence people"

i doubt i've come across such a charmless soul as you;)

is it dark in there? ;)

What are you on about, you strange northener?

I didnt think your CH shout was a good one, and said so.

I said well done on the Doncaster sprint.

You remind me of a dog that does a trick and needs acknowledgement.

What are you on about, you strange northener?

I didnt think your CH shout was a good one, and said so.

I said well done on the Doncaster sprint.

You remind me of a dog that does a trick and needs acknowledgement.

strange northerner--:lol:

yer soft southern fooker :lol:

your opinion was flawed though Hamm..you say 100% that horses that appear to be going better 3 to 4 fulongs from home always win..which is bollox isn't it?

you don't make any allowance for what may occur in those 4 furlongs..CH wasn't under pressure at the time and stays all day..so unlikely to slow down....other hoss not got those same qualities..so total guesswork what would have found in long straight

i don't expect any acknowledge at all....in fact anyone who does would be regularly disappointed on here.

i just put up hosses i think will win..if no fooker responds then so be it

i don't like people just posting up to be negative though..like you do

Last edited:
CH and Grandoet are both mongrels so it's anyone's guess what may or may not have happened if the latter had stayed on his feet.

Ec, there was no malice in my original post, and my only point was i still dont think it was a good bet just cause it won. Inalso twice said well done on your sprint tip.

Today I shall be mostly backing Golden Hill in the listed 2 year old race at Leopardstown.

First start he finished behind one of today's opponents Tibet. Golden Hill was travelling at least as well as the winner that day however he was unable to get a clear run to have a go at the winner. Gaps did appear that a more fleet footed animal might have shot through, but Golden Hill is not blessed with Stravinsky like acceleration and doors shut on him while he was making his mind up what he was going to do. Golden Hill has improved well past that form and the winner at that stage. Of course Tibet has probably improved too, and maybe abnormally so, but I'd prefer to be on the 20/1 shot rather than the 9/2 shot who has to improve to beat him.

Race 2 was against another of today's opponents, Call to Battle. Now other people could read this race differently to me in that Smullen never really had to stop riding, but I feel Smullen will regret his decision to get hemmed in behind a 2 horse wall on that tight Curragh straight. Remembering his inability to shoot through a gap, to my eyes he was travelling the best just about to make that decision to go through the gap when he was impeded (sternly but legitimately) by the winners stablemate. With a clear run I think he would have won, at least he would have finished beside Call to Battle. Call to Battle is a 9/2 shot Golden Hill 20/1 - there's no doubt in my mind where the value lies between those two.

Third race. As Barney says, you need to use your imagination here. He seemed to have run a perfectly decent race. Well positioned throughout, it appeared he just lacked the ability to go past the horse who eventually finished third. The excuse (not yet verified as a reason) was that he didn't really like the ground. He likes soft ground alright, not just the brand of soft ground he got on the day.

Today is first time blinkers which might sharpen him up a tad if a gap appears that requires going through (or maybe a horse needs going past). Nine furlongs on softish ground with probably a decent pace should mean his lack of instant acceleration will not prove a handicap. In all probability he will run a decent race without beating many home and end up an uncomfortably highly rated maiden. There is probably a touch of desperation in running today, but I think it's worth the gamble to stick him in the listed race rather than the shorter big field maiden, and it wouldn't be an earth shattering surprise if he pulled it off.

Today I shall be mostly backing Golden Hill in the listed 2 year old race at Leopardstown.

First start he finished behind one of today's opponents Tibet. Golden Hill was travelling at least as well as the winner that day however he was unable to get a clear run to have a go at the winner. Gaps did appear that a more fleet footed animal might have shot through, but Golden Hill is not blessed with Stravinsky like acceleration and doors shut on him while he was making his mind up what he was going to do. Golden Hill has improved well past that form and the winner at that stage. Of course Tibet has probably improved too, and maybe abnormally so, but I'd prefer to be on the 20/1 shot rather than the 9/2 shot who has to improve to beat him.

Race 2 was against another of today's opponents, Call to Battle. Now other people could read this race differently to me in that Smullen never really had to stop riding, but I feel Smullen will regret his decision to get hemmed in behind a 2 horse wall on that tight Curragh straight. Remembering his inability to shoot through a gap, to my eyes he was travelling the best just about to make that decision to go through the gap when he was impeded (sternly but legitimately) by the winners stablemate. With a clear run I think he would have won, at least he would have finished beside Call to Battle. Call to Battle is a 9/2 shot Golden Hill 20/1 - there's no doubt in my mind where the value lies between those two.

Third race. As Barney says, you need to use your imagination here. He seemed to have run a perfectly decent race. Well positioned throughout, it appeared he just lacked the ability to go past the horse who eventually finished third. The excuse (not yet verified as a reason) was that he didn't really like the ground. He likes soft ground alright, not just the brand of soft ground he got on the day.

Today is first time blinkers which might sharpen him up a tad if a gap appears that requires going through (or maybe a horse needs going past). Nine furlongs on softish ground with probably a decent pace should mean his lack of instant acceleration will not prove a handicap. In all probability he will run a decent race without beating many home and end up an uncomfortably highly rated maiden. There is probably a touch of desperation in running today, but I think it's worth the gamble to stick him in the listed race rather than the shorter big field maiden, and it wouldn't be an earth shattering surprise if he pulled it off.

The stats for Danehill Dancer's when fitted with blinkers isn't great Melendez...3 wins from 178 and an very lowly A/E of 0.16...similarily when fitted with visor..1/72. They don't like them blinkers/visors up em basically.

I did a double take when I saw the time of that race - 0.9 seconds faster than the mile apprentice handicap won by a progressive 88-rated 4yo that followed carrying (albeit carrying 5lbs more), and, on standard times, 1.8 seconds faster than a truly run Killavullan.

Having watched it a few times they didn't appear to go that strong a gallop; the fact the first five were within three lengths of each other surely suggests that caution is advised as well.

If not, the Mullins horse Fatcatinthehat must be absolutely nailed-on off 86 in the nursery this afternoon!

Last edited:
I did a double take when I saw the time of that race - 0.9 seconds faster than the mile apprentice handicap won by a progressive 88-rated 4yo that followed carrying (albeit carrying 5lbs more), and, on standard times, 1.8 seconds faster than a truly run Killavullan.

Having watched it a few times they didn't appear to go that strong a gallop; the fact the first five were within three lengths of each other surely suggests that caution is advised as well.

If not, the Mullins horse Fatcatinthehat must be absolutely nailed-on off 86 in the nursery this afternoon!

Fatcat looks well in for sure..i'll have a dabble

Habbie Simpson looks a lay in the 2.05 at 6/4, needs a stronger test..big field better pace... and a bit further than this..could be tapped for toe here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back