What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairyhouse looks a minefield to me today but Staying articles form head and shoulders above these.price has gone now but can't believe it was 11/10 this morning!

Staying article 1.25 Fairyhouse
Koka Loca 1.20 Ling
Ivory silk 2.20 e/w
Loch ba 1.30 Warwick
savant bleu 2.00 e/w warw
Hindon Road 3.00 warw

Santefisio, Amitola, Lukes Benefit,Sous Les Cieux

Last edited:
Sertao looks good at Rasen today. Bumper form worked out and Henderson's makes the price. AP booked and I'm hopeful of a big run. Value at 11-8 in my opinion.

Some in-form yards have a few runners today,

Tom George:

1.50 Market Rasen Ballyallia Man 40/1
2.00 Hereford Kings Queen 7/2 from 9/2
3.10 Wincanton Coolbeg 4/1 from 7/1
3.50 Market Rasen Cesium 8/1 from 9/1

Emma Lavelle:

2.10 Winacanton Kumasi Clan 4/1 - was as big as 13/2 but only with Skybet
4.00 Hereford Easter Dancer 9/2

I wouldn't be surprised to see these run well today.

Nadiya de la Vega is huge at 4s. I can't see for the likes of me why Toubab is odds on - he was far from top class over hurdles, and was a modest second on his chase debut.

Did you see Toubab's chase debut?

Doctor David at his best would give him more to think about.

Last edited:
Modest second is a weird way to describe it. If he could ride the race again Walsh would win it every time. He simply let him have his head too early and ran out of puff up the hill. Travelled like the best horse in the race by a long way.

On the flatter track today I can;t see NDLV getting near him.

Did you not see him make a hash of the last two?

The winner is not of the same ilk as Nadiya de la Vega, imo, and was also giving 5 pounds to Toubab that day.

I don't want to split hairs, but the prices regardless of race outcome are for me all wrong.

Last edited:
He might be a bit short, i'd probably agree with that but the mare carries the same weight as him and the ground is right for him today. I'd imagine they will ride him with restraint and if he settles I think he'll beat her comfortably. In the wider context of the race he probably is too short though because Silk Drum is a good horse. In fact, now i've looked closely at the race he is probably the most overpriced. Won a grade 3 handicap off 132 at the back end of last season, has experience and a run under his belt this season. I might have just talked myself into a bet...

He might be a bit short, i'd probably agree with that but the mare carries the same weight as him and the ground is right for him today. I'd imagine they will ride him with restraint and if he settles I think he'll beat her comfortably. In the wider context of the race he probably is too short though because Silk Drum is a good horse. In fact, now i've looked closely at the race he is probably the most overpriced. Won a grade 3 handicap off 132 at the back end of last season, has experience and a run under his belt this season. I might have just talked myself into a bet...

I need to start using Betfair again. My main thought on the race is the favourite is much too short, and should be a simple lay, not trying to pick the one to beat him.

Might be an idea because the more I look at it I think you;re right, he's too short but Nadiya de la Vega wouldn't be the one i'd expect to beat him. We shall see. Some nice little races today. Feels like the NH season has really started now.

The more I look at this the more I think it will be quickly run with plenty of pace in it which will be against the favourite and i'm gonna have a small e/w play on Silk Drum at the prices.

Well done Hamm. I would never have won whichever way i'd played it!

Last edited:
Thanks.

Nicholls was being a bit of an arsehole running a novice with clear jumping issues from his debut in a race like this - why not run him in a novice chase and get him jumping well under less pressure?

I think Cinders and Ashes worth a little investment in the next, with the King horse slightly big for a small ew interest.

Nadiya de la Vega is huge at 4s. I can't see for the likes of me why Toubab is odds on - he was far from top class over hurdles, and was a modest second on his chase debut.

Good call - 11/2 was an excellent return.

Soary's Silly 7

12:50 Haydock Wyse Hill Teabags 2nd
14:30 Haydock Benny Be Good 2nd
15:05 Haydock Pure Faith
15:40 Haydock Tamarinbleu 2nd
14:45 Ascot King Of The Night
15:20 Ascot Gilbarry
15:55 Ascot Harry Topper

Last edited:
Once there are no ill effects from the last day, Grandouet has the look of as good an 8/11 shot as you'll find.

Robinson Collonges worth a little bet, and don't see Long Run being beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back