What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone round in circles looking at Newton Abbot. The 7:30 looks a trappy type of affair where anyone of the market leaders could win. However, Oster Shell is not a bad animal himself, having beaten a future winner in Bombadero when giving him eighteen pounds. I'm going to have a go at 20-1, even with the seven runners, as I think there is some value on that price if by chance he is on a going day. Also worth putting him in a couple reverse forecasts with the main protagonists.

Last edited:
Gone round in circles looking at Newton Abbot. The 7:30 looks a trappy type of affair where anyone of the market leaders could win. However, Oster Shell is not a bad animal himself, having beaten a future winner in Bombadero when giving him eighteen pounds. I'm going to have a go at 20-1, even with the seven runners, as I think there is some value on that price if by chance he is on a going day. Also worth putting him in a couple reverse forecasts with the main protagonists.

More tempted by Frozen Over or the Pipe horse myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've backed Roy Rocket in the 3.30 at Brighton.

In the form of his life, loves the track and up only 2lb for winning last time over c&d.

In my opinion this should be odds on, so while 6/4 is nominally a short price, it looks worth taking in this instance.

Fair enough Viking, each to their own as they say! Only a small speculation for me. We shall see what happens. Desperate Dan and Benny have given us two proper tips!

7.00 Newton Abbot. The Nicholls horse is plenty short enough here given doubts over the extra half mile. Sporting Boy won over c&d last time and 9/4 looks a good price in what should effectively turn into a match.

At the same meeting I am opposing fav Dubai Prince. He may or may not have neeeded the run last time out but giving so much weight to Bridgy's Collodi looks a big ask

Collodi 3/1 could be thrown in off this mark

I'm gonna have a few quid on Archie Stevens in the opener at leicester. Seems in good form and bumped into an improved last race in Whitecrest. Still on a good mark (63) and 9/2 seems fair. Negative for me is not knowing a lot about the jockey, but if she is at least capable then hopefully get a good run for my money.

Good luck all

Had a little ew on Tempuran in 3.30 Brighton at 25/1 , fit from jumps although not ran in a flat race since 2013 , wasn't btn far off 68 over 1m2 , staying on 6th , returns to flat off only 55 today when taking in jocks claim and could do better

Good luck

Had a little ew on Tempuran in 3.30 Brighton at 25/1 , fit from jumps although not ran in a flat race since 2013 , wasn't btn far off 68 over 1m2 , staying on 6th , returns to flat off only 55 today when taking in jocks claim and could do better

Good luck
Wow!!

Its just your luck really , another day its another 2 quid lost and Roy wins by 5 lol

well done Kevin indeed:cool:

small wager on pencaitland in the 3.45..stables osses are running above their odds and a return to this course should suit this one looking at the breeding

Cheers guys

4.45 bev

Poor race really , fav didn't see out the 7f lto so dont know why it would at an extended 7f on a stiff track

Silverware has course figs of 6-1-2-0 , win off 69 and only btn a hd 2nd off 75 , unplaced efforts off 78 and 83 so excuses could be made , only off 64 today , avail at 11/2

Give a chance also , albeit a small one to mystical moment , didn't run too badly on 2nd run since a break off 53 with jock claiming 7 that day , mulneran rides and goes off 54

Silverware 11/2
Mystical Moment ew 33/1

Last edited:
Sorry feel like I'm cluttering this thread up lol

6.00 Newton abbot - Shah of Persia ew 5/1

Play safe with the ew ,improved and better showing lto on good ground in tongue tie , trip is concern but combo 4/5 here , only entry of the day , hopefully gets at least top 3

Another is Purple N Gold in 7.30 ew 13/2. Won in this class penultimate run and wasn't btn far

Gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back