What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done with Newtons Law, Nomad. Hope the second one wins for you. Brian Ellison at it again tonight at Gosforth Park with a 16-1 shot. I wasn't on before anyone accuses me of aftertiming lol.

Last edited:
Oh so sweet on Major Jack tomorrow...2:35...newcastle. 10-1 a nice price too. Hoping he won't let himself and me down. I have a feeling this track and the first time cheekpieces can bring out that bit extra that is required for him to win here. I will be dissapointed if he is not in the first three.

Last edited:
John Smith's Northumberland Plate

I usually run a mile when I see these type of handicaps as they are normally impossible to back in with any confidence.

But one who really catches the eye carrying only 8st7lbs is Seaymour. Potentially this could be a future Ascot Gold Cup horse.

Only a 4 year old he's already a winner on the AW and turf on flat and picked up a couple of good hurdle races in between.

Beaten a head on his first ever run he's gone from strength to strength and his only defeat since was over a distance way too short for him at York and that came after 137 day break.

In his next run over today's trip the result was never in doubt. He simply cruised through the first 12 furlongs race and despite at least 4 others looking like taking a hand in the finish turning for home he seen the lot of them off without ever coming under any real pressure.

He seems to be improving with racing and his trainer had another couple of winners yesterday

Really surprised he is not favourite for this, if there's one better hiding in there I can't see it but he's a big price at 12/1 on BF so ew just in case

Seamore EW

Last edited:
Good luck, Fist, though for a horse that races up with the pace he has a god-awful draw.
Clever Cookie has the class and the gears to win from anywhere, and 10st shouldn't be too much of an impost on the current ground. Any double figure price available early will suit me fine.

Oasis Fantasy is unexposed over more than 12f and he went into my tracker after his run behind Quest for More over 14f at Goodwood. I backed him ante post for the Plate but confidence has taken a knock with him coffin draw.

Managed to get some 11/4 about Rio Ronaldo in the last at Donny yesterday afternoon. He's 2/1 now and should win assuming he gets a more judicious ride than he got at Leicester last time out.

Mentioned this on Grass's Windsor thread, Field of Fame went down in my book after a good run at Newbury finishing 3rd after meeting trouble in running just 1 1/4 lengths behind the Wolferton winner Mahsoob has ran again twice over 10f but not quite having the pace to challenge, This extra 2f will be right up his street and off 85 he's a strong bet IMO.

I have gambled on RITE TO REIGN in the 3.45 Newcastle and RUSSIAN REALM in the 3.10 at the same meeting

Oh so sweet on Major Jack tomorrow...2:35...newcastle. 10-1 a nice price too. Hoping he won't let himself and me down. I have a feeling this track and the first time cheekpieces can bring out that bit extra that is required for him to win here. I will be dissapointed if he is not in the first three.
Flew home again, Dont lose faith,he's a winner in waiting over 7 I feel.

Yeah maybe mate.. the way I feel right now I'd step him up to a friggin mile just to make sure he doesn't do what he has been doing. Sir Robert Cheval in the next to cheer me up hopefully.

Last edited:
Silver Man (3.35 Utt) has been a revelation since tried in blinkers and, judged on his latest run, today's rise in class mightn't be enough to stop him. Likes faster ground and even after overnight rain, going stick readings point to quicker ground than his 2 recent triumphs.
Current 15/2 looks generous.

Jim Goldie has three old timers running at Musselburgh tomorrow..7:15 Dhaular Dhar 8:15 Go Go Green and 8:45 Rasaman. The combined age between the three is about forty years old but they're all in good enough form. A win patent and each way treble for me.

Last edited:
4.30 Voice Control

This horse holds strong Class 4 form (winner at Beverley won up in grade off higher mark)...and now drops to class 5. This one is bred to like it at Ponty with the sire being 7/19 here..and when you look at where it showed its best form..it was also on a very stiff track..Beverly..coincidence? Step up in trip will help as got outpaced at Beverley..happy to ignore Windsor run as it wouldn't have suited.

4.7 could look a gift later i feel

no good..looks like easier going needed

only other interest is Cosmic Chatter in the 8.45..winnable race with a pace that should suit..has been running on late in better races than this suggesting 7f now needed..7.2

Jim Goldie has three old timers running .
Looks as if someone is getting stuck into Aleksandar in the first race at Musselburgh for Jim Goldie too, due off in 5 minutes.
A 6-1 chance now but.... double figure prices last night.

Last edited:
Dhaular Dhar ran his race again finishing second, I'm hopeful Go Go Green (8:15) or Rasaman (8:45), (or both), can run well for me.

Last edited:
There's not much money about for Ralphy Boy but he Has an enviable record at Musselburgh winning 3 times and only twice finishing out the 3 there in 8 runs one of those runs being on his unfavoured soft ground.
12/1+ 4.1 place.

Cheers. An e/w round robin for fun was what I had, so I'm hopefully I've locked a small profit.

Goldie has hit a bit of immediate form so may be worth watching what he has lined for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jim Goldie has three old timers running at Musselburgh tomorrow..7:15 Dhaular Dhar 8:15 Go Go Green and 8:45 Rasaman. The combined age between the three is about forty years old but they're all in good enough form. A win patent and each way treble for me.

Nicely done, Marb. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back