What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done guys. I like the look of Hawkin in the 3:30. A good second towards the end of last season at Newmarket, he ran with promise last time in a small 4-runner field which he gets again today; he looks well handicapped and he's shortening in the betting all the time. Wouldn't put anyone off having a go...

Last edited:
8.00 Leo WEATHERWATCH...supported in the betting this morning, but has the form to justify it. Likes the track and ran well enough after a lay off at Galway.

16:30 Wolvrhampton - The Dukkerer e/w

(Filly hasn't won for over a year but not been running too badly of late, and there's a hint she's coming back to form. Track and surface probably suits her more than most. At 12/1 with Bet365 and StanJames at the moment, worth a modest e/w punt).

Last edited:
Been through the Chepstow card and want to give a positive shout to IFAN in the 4:30 tomorrow.

A comparatively lightly raced 7 year old, he's been placed plenty of times, won off 71 last season and ran well enough last time to believe he'll find his best form again here. I havn't seen what odds he is yet but I think he is a solid left-field choice in that race.

Ifan goes today and looks to have a fighting e/w chance. 3.20 - Brighton - Available at 16/1.

Topweight, Cape Victoria heads the market and comes here seeking a hat-trick. She looks the one to beat but her current best price of around 2/1 makes little appeal. There has been money for Kingdom and he looks on a good mark when compared with his form in Ireland for Aiden O'Brien. His three starts on the flat for Gary Moore have been in better races and he could take advantage of this drop in grade. Song Light and Mister Rockandroll both come into the race in good form and are also capable of making their presence felt. There is a yawning gap to the rest in the current market but it may be worth siding with one of those at the bigger prices. Since entering handicap company Ifan had produced a string of consistency rarely seen in the lower grade handicaps, winning two and being placed in eight of his first ten races in such company. That run came to an end 13 months ago when he was sixth of the twelve runners on his first attempt at 12 furlongs on the A/W at Lingfield. He was only beaten just over three lengths, so there was no disgrace in that but his final start of the last campaign saw him finish a well beaten last at Epsom. It's not difficult to forgive a horse a bad performance at that track but unfortunately he didn't fare any better on his reappearance at Bath in May, again finishing well beaten in last place. However there were better signs at Chepstow last time out where, after rearing at stalls opening, he was outpaced going into the latter stages but rallied to finish fourth of the seven runners, beaten seven and half lengths. He will need to come on again but he has fallen below the mark from which he last won over ten furlongs here and this is just his third attempt at 12 furlongs. He handles ground from G/S through to firm and David Probert, who has gone close on him the only two times he has been on board, returns.

A good preview there, thanks for flagging this up as I hadn't realized he was out today.

Ran well for a long way but went out like a light. The annoying 4th place.

Think if the jockey had come up the middle may have held the place. It surprises me at Brighton why they don't stay more middle to far side as everything seems to finish best down he middle and die on the rail.

Last edited:
Think if the jockey had come up the middle may have held the place. It surprises me at Brighton why they don't stay more middle to far side as everything seems to finish best down he middle and die on the rail.

Prime example again there these jockeys must be brain dead it's worse than that far side at Southwell.

Jockey on Kittens Red 4:50 Brighton.......hilarious.
Poor connections if they put their money down

6.25 Southwell. Highly Prized. Have been told it will win but can't put it on the will win thread as that's cursed for me.

Orient Sky should give a good account in the 20:15 at Newcastle. 6/1 at the moment.

(Obviously, as Phil Bull would have said, "of no account" :().

Last edited:
I am surprised that Waslawi, in the first at Brighton, is 5/2 in two places (W.Hill & Corals) at this very moment. Worth a small punt as horse has experience with a couple of runs under his belt already.

2.05 Ascot. Barwick

15.5 taken

This one has been a to follow horse along with Jakey since their run behind Lugarno Beach..that race was slowly run but after sectional mark up the speed figure for the winner was decent..any horse closing into those fast late splits showed they could win in the next 3 runs. Jakey + Barwick did really well to make ground late...Jakey won easily off 4lb higher in class 3 after bombing out on next run.....Barwick actually comes out of the race with a greater mark up than Jakey so can win off this 87 mark. I think the AW run was just a tick over race..has been a beaten fav at Kempton before. The stiffer finish here can help bring them back to him late on. If he doesn't win today....will retain for a 4th run as am sure this one is ready for winning off this mark.

Last edited:
Other horse who isn't much of a price that should win is Blue Bayou in the sweet solero..comes out a better horse by some way than Illuminate on that run at Newmarket..closed into a fast late pace...can't see owt here that will get near this without vast improvement. Besharah has won since after being disadvantaged to a lesser degree than BB was.

Last edited:
happy with the place..but Take must be one of the weakest jockeys i've seen..looked all over the winner 1.5 out but he just didn't seem to put any effort in..or is just very weak

just watched again..can't believe it hasn't won..the guy is virtually motionless in the last furlong...really poor stuff. If that had been such as Hughes or Spencer on it.. betfair froum would have 10 threads dedicated to it

anyone else think it looked p1ss weak?..or is it just me?

Last edited:
Other horse who isn't much of a price that should win is Blue Bayou in the sweet solero..comes out a better horse by some way than Illuminate on that run at Newmarket..closed into a fast late pace...can't see owt here that will get near this without vast improvement. Besharah has won since after being disadvantaged to a lesser degree than BB was.

Great shout as always. Not sure she ran to form but it was enough.

Great shout as always. Not sure she ran to form but it was enough.

thank goodness..thought i were on me own:lol:..aye..got crowded out at start..took a furlong or so to get cover and then still didn't get much..is even better than the result,,this is a good filly..better than illuminate imo

Saturday afternoons have always been dead on here, more so during the football season. Presume most people are out shopping, at the races, at the football, or, especially today, out enjoying the sun :D

aye..i still can't get over that ride earlier..had a great afternoon though..had a bit of sun mesen..only in the back garden..its lovely weather for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back