What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye..i still can't get over that ride earlier..had a great afternoon though..had a bit of sun mesen..only in the back garden..its lovely weather for sure

Well having watch the jap jockeys in the arc couldn't back anything with them on like having a piece of paper flapping in the wind!

Saturday afternoons have always been dead on here, more so during the football season. Presume most people are out shopping, at the races, at the football, or, especially today, out enjoying the sun :D

I got dragged up town for shopping meself this afternoon, I didn't feel too bad about missing the Shergar Cup, mind!

El Massivo (8.10 Ayr) got up close home under strong pressure over 1m5f last time on the level and looks good for a repeat with the extra 2f bound to suit.

Other horse who isn't much of a price that should win is Blue Bayou in the sweet solero..comes out a better horse by some way than Illuminate on that run at Newmarket..closed into a fast late pace...can't see owt here that will get near this without vast improvement. Besharah has won since after being disadvantaged to a lesser degree than BB was.
Well done.
I'm hopeful I can get a result up in the Ebor.

Last edited:
4:15 Mister Musicmaster lumps top weight here but 84 is still a nice mark for a handicapper that has won as many races as him. He may be able to dictate affairs from the front with his style of running and I take him against the William Haggas trained favourite, who is worth taking on, having only ran twice in maiden races. I think Mister Musicmaster will put up a bold show, and if he were to win he'd definitely be a smart one for Ron Hodges to have in the stable and progress onto better races.

Last edited:
Next Stop (5:10 Beverley) was a good second to a 98 rated horse in Libran. Libran won again and was a good fourth at Royal Ascot. So there is good reason to think Next Stop could improve on his own rating of 68 quite soon. Next Stop has won at Beverley already and 9-2 is a good price.

Last edited:
Can't edit my above post for some reason, but want to add that Hickster and Mercury will ensure a good-to-strong pace, which I think will bring out the best in the filly Next Stop.

Bit of a downer with all the non-runners, I quite liked Gospel Choir for the Geoffrey Freer.

I've done Captain Bob in the 3.10 at Newbury. Found a lot behind a nice type at York last time out. 7s is fair.

Darrell Rivers in the 4.35 at Newmarket. The lowest rated of all my tracker horses (61) I used to never go below class 4's for form study but expanded my search this season and this filly ran really well at Thirsk on Monday, her first time at 7f. Admittedly the race went her and the winners way that day but she is unexposed at the trip and is too tempting to pass up at 12s.

The smell of winners wafting through the Channon stables atm, could this be the day for Lincoln in the Hungerford at a teasing 40/1

Nice one. I looked at lincoln in the paper this morning but couldnt bring myself to back it.

Last edited:
7.45 Market Rasen Solway Prince ew 9/1 - consistent sort , won by 6L and then finished 4th by 4L Lto over 2m7 on g/s , return to good ground in its favour albeit not helped by any jockey allowance so is 10lb higher today

Crystal Malt rated 71 looks worth a bet in Chepstow's 4:30.

The main piece of evidence in her favour today is her 2nd place against that progressive horse Mullionheir (95).
Acolyte was back in third and is rated (93) now.
Clearly these two are progressing quicker that Crystal Malt, but if the Hannon filly goes on the ground she could dot up off that rating today, assuming she's not overly backwards. :)

Last edited:
marb; I got the Ebor winner on Saturday, albeit with having quite a few bets in the race. You know how much I love these races, so it meant a lot to me!

Cracking stuff Moe! There was me thinking all us small time punters got cleaned out.

Mike Murphy has one tomorrow in last race at Lingfield where the market needs a check, think its called Bane.

My approach is to wait for a bit of blue on odds checker (assuming it is backed) and then back it and make sure I'm on before it hits odds-on. :)

Looks like the horse could be gambled-on material but we shall have to wait and see.

Post up the Cambridgesire winner when you have it please :)

Last edited:
Cambridgeshire isn't my lucky race; isn't quirky enough. Cesarewitch is though [if I could spell it, that is...]

Very touch and go off 88.Not involved yet apart from a five spot at 48 on the machine.

Last edited:
Looks a poor race, and perfect for a potential plot.

Being from the Mike Murphy yard he needs a check in the market.
I'd advocate a small bet on him if he were a positive in the market.
He's showing up blue with a few firms but its still early doors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back