What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIRIT RAISER looks a solid bet and could go close for in form James Fanshawe in Newmarket's 1:55 under Hayley Turner. Take an early price and thank me later.

Last edited:
Good luck marble but prefer SOLAR MAGIC in the same race. 6/1 taken with Skybet concession money back if 2nd or 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaving this race then as I was fancying the favourite! Was slowly away as Jim Crowley removed the hood late but finished strongly. Definitely a few lbs in hand just whether they are enough. Andrea Atzeni back up today.

The Joel stakes looks a perfect race to take advantage of Power's free bet if 2nd to the sp fav concession.

Custom Cut has won his last three races at G2 level over a mile (including this race last year) and while his Salisbury run back in August was poor he put that behind him on Irish champions weekend. Time Test has doubts surrounding the trip and ground so there shouldn't be as much disparity between their prices as there is, while Decorated Knight needs to step up hugely.

The fact that Power's are biggest about O'Meara's gelding at 2/1 is a bonus.

Couple of 2yo bets at Haydock [BOG]

2.45-Pusey's Secret @ 8-1 [Bet 365]

3.20-Pennock @ 9-1 [Betfred]

Both each way

Worcester 2.55
Purple n gold can go well on more suitable ground than LTO

Last edited:
Cheers PTP just those 2 today. Ends a losing run for me

Yeah well done Viking, any you fancy tomorrow ? :) I reckon Cloonacool could go well at Market Rasen in the 2:15. This is a horse returning from an absense but it has won first time out once before and did beat Violet Dancer before that horse went on to win the Tote/Betfair Trophy at Newbury. There are some decent animals in the line up and its hard to quantify too much but I reckon Cloonacool could be a top horse and is still not harshly handicapped so is worth having something on at those odds. I might try a risky each way double with Cloonacool and Earth Drummer at Newmarket. Good luck folks.

Last edited:
I'll have a closer look at that race tomorrow but Manhattan Swing is the one I'd be most interested in at this stage. Got the job done very easily last time and 7lb rise may not be enough to stop him.

I reckon Cloonacool could go well at Market Rasen in the 2:15. This is a horse returning from an absense but it has won first time out once before and did beat Violet Dancer before that horse went on to win the Tote/Betfair Trophy at Newbury. There are some decent animals in the line up and its hard to quantify too much but I reckon Cloonacool could be a top horse and is still not harshly handicapped so is worth having something on at those odds. I might try a risky each way double with Cloonacool and Earth Drummer at Newmarket. Good luck folks.

Best backed horse in the race thus far, where's all my jump heads? :)

Manhattan Swing gets the nod from me. Reckon Cloonacool may need it softer but good luck with it anyway

Last edited:
Yh good luck to you Viking, with the form you've been in its a shame I have to be against you,.

Cloonocools form is on soft but he's a good horse and chances are he'll go on good ground, as opposed to being a mudlover I reckon, we'll see. I love his profile, but see what happens.
I'll be getting abuse from some of my mates at 2:30 if he doesn't go in...

Last edited:
Going racing at Ripon shortly...bets are on

2.05-Bobby's Babe @ 5-1 [Betfair Sports]....without Olympic Runner
2.40-Hardy Black @ 8-1 [888sport]
3.45-Pipers Note @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
4.55-Nigel @ 2-1 [Betfair Sports]
5.30-Avon Breeze @ 7-1 [Bet 365] & Innocently @ 10-1 [Bet 365]

1pt Win on each

Yh good luck to you Viking, with the form you've been in its a shame I have to be against you,.

Cloonocools form is on soft but he's a good horse and chances are he'll go on good ground, as opposed to being a mudlover I reckon, we'll see. I love his profile, but see what happens.
I'll be getting abuse from some of my mates at 2:30 if he doesn't go in...

Great shout

Nice one Marb
Swansea Mile looks worth following out of the race too.

Cheers. Stuart Edmunds knows more about Clonocool than me, but I am surprised he wants to go chasing. He'll probably get rated anywhere between 140-145 after today, which would get him in with a low weight in a bigger handicap like the Greatwood hurdle at Cheltenham. If I was the owner I'd keep him hurdling.

Last edited:
Going racing at Ripon shortly...bets are on

2.05-Bobby's Babe @ 5-1 [Betfair Sports]....without Olympic Runner...Won
2.40-Hardy Black @ 8-1 [888sport]
3.45-Pipers Note @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
4.55-Nigel @ 2-1 [Betfair Sports]
5.30-Avon Breeze @ 7-1 [Bet 365] & Innocently @ 10-1 [Bet 365]

1pt Win on each

Level!

On telle after the race I am sure Stuart Edmunds said he was going novice chasing with Cloonocool but apparantly Paddy Brennan said after the race he would win again over hurdles so trainer is going to keep hurdling for at least one more run...(according to Sporting Life website).

Last edited:
SADMA (CHEP 4:10) ran well a few times around this time last year over hurdles.
After that he completely lost all of that form as if something was amiss.
This is a horse who will have benefitted from a 142 day break, and he is the best bet in what doesn't look like the most competitive handicap hurdle I've ever come across.

Clearly not my strongest fancy ever but at 8/1 I think he is probably value and at 6 years of age he's certainly young enough to put his best foot forward once again..

Last edited:
Rock Lobster (3.45) was transformed by the addition of cheekpieces at Chelmsford, but was thwarted by the softening ground at Bath (taken out of a race the previous day for the same reason, but had to run at Bath before his new mark kicked in). Punters clearly believe his improved form was down to the aw surface - I wouldn't be so sure, and current 9/1 looks generous.

Last edited:
Chepstow 3.35
Commitment 16/1 looks big. Has struggled the last twice but weaker race today

The price Sadma has drifted to is obscene, but I'm hopeful that it's not indicative of his true chance...punters probably looking at his recent form figures and maybe not looking at his form as a whole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back