What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Danny and Viking. I love Chepstow. By far and away my best punting track over the years....I don't need to check my betting records to know this! :)

Last edited:
Rock Lobster (3.45) was transformed by the addition of cheekpieces at Chelmsford, but was thwarted by the softening ground at Bath (taken out of a race the previous day for the same reason, but had to run at Bath before his new mark kicked in). Punters clearly believe his improved form was down to the aw surface - I wouldn't be so sure, and current 9/1 looks generous.

"The Veterinary Officer reported that ROCK LOBSTER, unplaced, trained by Ed Dunlop, banged its head in the stalls and lost a tooth."

5.20 Clonmel

Like two here, the newcomer and the one with form

Blazes Peg @ 6-1 [Bet Victor] & Ten Times Better @ 11-4 [Bet 365]

1pt Win on each [BOG]

Thanks, Rory; I share his pain.
Some small comfort that, having taken the trouble to report it, they've cleared the path for a return to form shortly.

Last edited:
New connections are sending OPEN HEARTED 4:00 (Bangor) to the destination of his novice chase win again today back at Bangor. His handicap mark, new trainer and new trip all look positives to me and he is worth a punt at around 9-4.

Last edited:
Nothing that jumps out at me today as a really decent bet - quite like the look of BlameLove handicap debutant for Johnstone tonight but will wait and see how this small each way patent in the hope of some good fortune to raise funds for Arc meeting with:

Excellent Guest, George Cinq and Noverre to go.

Good luck with all

Cloonocools form is on soft but he's a good horse and chances are he'll go on good ground, as opposed to being a mudlover I reckon, we'll see. I love his profile, but see what happens.
I'll be getting abuse from some of my mates at 2:30 if he doesn't go in...
Only raised four pound to a new mark of 136 by the looks of it, which seems on the lenient side, imho. Stuart Edmunds has a horse to go to war with that's for sure.
I'd love to see him go for the Greatwood hurdle as an early season target, but he might need another run before then, so we shall see.

Last edited:
ASCOT 3:45 - Professor is the dark horse and not to be overlooked.
Rated 113 at one stage of its career, he is half a stone lighter in the weights that when 2nd at Royal Ascot last season.

Noses, heads and necks separated the first 16 or so home in his last race and he didn't get the clearest of passages, so I would not see it as a bad run............ and he was returning from a summer absence too.

If he returns to anywhere near his best form he wins this and at double figure prices I am more than happy to pay to find out. Tbh I was expecting at least 25/1 so I am assuming at 12/1 he has been well backed in the race already.

Good luck you lot. ::)

Marble

Last edited:
I've taken a decent swipe at Professor for the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday. He's 40/1 across the boards but Corals are already going 5 places so I've gone with them.

Some decent form last year for Richard Hannon the best of which was 2nd in the Wokingham off a mark of 108.Switched to Michael Attwater and sent for an unsuccessful spell in Dubai. His first start for new connections back on home turf though was a fair enough effort. He ran 2nd in a 7f race at Haydock to a well handicapped Emell. That race worked out fairly strongly as a number of horses from in behind would run big races in some tough handicaps. He was withdrawn at the start of his next intended run and hasn't been seen since so he's obviously had some problems but I'm going to take the fact they are throwing him straight in a tough race like this as a positive sign that he's well, and ready to go. I just think for a horse that finished second last year off a mark of 108 in a Wokingham (won his group) to be a 40/1 shot here off a mark of 102 is incredible value and worth taking the chance even if normally for these sprints I'd like to have match fitness on side.

As you like.

ASCOT 3:45 - Professor is the dark horse and not to be overlooked.
Rated 113 at one stage of its career, he is half a stone lighter in the weights that when 2nd at Royal Ascot last season.

Noses, heads and necks separated the first 16 or so home in his last race and he didn't get the clearest of passages, so I would not see it as a bad run............ and he was returning from a summer absence too.

If he returns to anywhere near his best form he wins this and at double figure prices I am more than happy to pay to find out. Tbh I was expecting at least 25/1 so I am assuming at 12/1 he has been well backed in the race already.

Good luck you lot. ::)

Marble

Had put this up for the Ayr Gold cup the other week Marble and I was worried at the time about him not having race fitness on his side which he now has. He did indeed get stuck behind a wall of horses at Ayr and by the time he saw daylight the leaders had flown, he wasn't knocked about. Pricewise stuck him up last night which is the reason for the price disappearing but I agree with you he holds a decent chance today providing all is well with him.

Last edited:
Bawina in the Sun Chariot. Took 8s on Wednesday each way. Ran well on the July Course in the Falmouth where she covered more ground than the other fillies. Intergral worth a saver, Esoterique too short.

Critical Risk in the 5.10 at Newmarket.

I'm on Bawina too and Clarcam over at Gowran
Also Promanco and ComeonGinger at Fontwell

Last edited:
Et Toi ew at 66 in the next at Newmarket-Ive had an eye on this one for laying purposes but could improve for first time blinkers and SDS.

Et Toi ew at 66 in the next at Newmarket-Ive had an eye on this one for laying purposes but could improve for first time blinkers and SDS.

Respectable 6th-possibly would have got placed with a more patient ride but no complaints.Max lay in a maiden next time.

only a flying visit Dan..more time spare without getting involved here too much..Arc weekend always worth a go though..like to read what people here think

Esoterique - 6/4? Buying money surely, Integral's win in this last year is average and Esoterique is in the form of her life. Hefty bet for me.

Well done EC!

Had put this up for the Ayr Gold cup the other week Marble and I was worried at the time about him not having race fitness on his side which he now has. He did indeed get stuck behind a wall of horses at Ayr and by the time he saw daylight the leaders had flown, he wasn't knocked about. Pricewise stuck him up last night which is the reason for the price disappearing but I agree with you he holds a decent chance today providing all is well with him.

Its another 'get abuse from so and so mates if Professor doesn't place' scenario today, Danny!
Some fancies are built on hunches and I've a hunch Professor will run well today.
That said, my hunches don't always win so I'm hoping I get lucky, although I reckon the form case for Professor does stack up.....
I think one or two ruffians will be giving me a punch if he gets tailed off. :)
I hear accident and emergency get busy on Saturdays too.

Ps, good to see EC1 back, and good call with LOI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back