What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Bawina too and Clarcam over at Gowran
Also Promanco and ComeonGinger at Fontwell

The filly wouldn't have won no matter what but if there had been less of a prick aboad I might have got place money. I hope them lads who chinned Coleman are at Newmarket.

Last edited:
Esoterique - 6/4? Buying money surely, Integral's win in this last year is average and Esoterique is in the form of her life. Hefty bet for me.

Well done EC!

Buying money indeed. Good call

Agreed about Guyon. Ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

other bet today is moonlight sonata in the 4.40..drop back to 10f was a bluff..will show more again back at 12

good call Aragorn

Last edited:
Its another 'get abuse from so and so mates if Professor doesn't place' scenario today, Danny!
Some fancies are built on hunches and I've a hunch Professor will run well today.
That said, my hunches don't always win so I'm hoping I get lucky, although I reckon the form case for Professor does stack up.....
I think one or two ruffians will be giving me a punch if he gets tailed off. :)
I hear accident and emergency get busy on Saturdays too.

Ps, good to see EC1 back, and good call with LOI.

Crikey do I need to bring a bunch of grapes ?

Professor ran ok and just missed out on the places shame but no excuses really.

Scent Of Power ran with credit in second but the ground might have gotten too soft for it. The winner loved it and was difficult to peg back.

Last edited:
Kempton

7.40-Sirens Cove @ 13-2 [Paddy Power]..each way

9.10-Tychaios @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]..win

Plus an each way double

Have written my thoughts on todays race with Scent Of Power two posts above (accidently wrote it on top of what I said yesterday though). The joys of typing messages on mobile phones ay.....

Last edited:
hold tight looks a lay in the 5.10..sires record with fto hosses on soft and and heavy is 0/36..only 1 of them was placed

Last edited:
That one yesterday at Ludlow let me down. In himdsight my reasoning was poor and it was too much of a leap of faith. if you can forgive CATWILDO one poor run last time he is a mammoth price (Ayr 3:15). Proven himself as a decent handicapper, he runs off such a low mark today. I have gone through all his form and on everything this horse has done i reckon he has been rated consistently between 7-10 pound under what he is value for in the handicap. I am surprised he is such a big price and personally make him half those odds at nearer a 7-1 chance if running to somewherw near his best form.

Last edited:
3.15 Ludlow
Dreamsoftheatre won a better race than this last time and can go in again off only 1lb higher.
Also give Sybarite an each way chance in the same race as his first run last season was his best by some way

That one yesterday at Ludlow let me down. In hindsight my reasoning was poor and it was too much of a leap of faith. If you can forgive CATWILDO one poor run last time he is a mammoth price (Ayr 3:15). Proven himself as a decent handicapper, he runs off such a low mark today. I have gone through all his form in Ireland and on everything this horse has done I reckon he has been consistently rated between 7-10 pound under what he is value for in the handicap. I am surprised he is such a big price and personally make him half those odds at nearer a 7-1 chance if running to somewhere near his best form.

Last edited:
You weren't the only one let down at Ludlow. I'd forgotten that Sybarite's form tailed off because he looks to have completely lost appetite for racing a fact yesterday's run appears to confirm

Chelmsford

7.10-Trafalgar Rock @ 4-1 [Betfair Sports] BOG

Still unexposed on the all-weather

Danny Tudhope is leading rider at York, but misses a number of opportunities there to travel to Newmarket for just the 1 ride - So Beloved (2.40). Tidy ew price too; considering he beat the fav on the same terms, 2 ago.

I don't normally have a go on a Friday but I can't resist having a little go on my Ayr gold cup flop Glory Awaits at 50/1 3 places 1/4 odds with Stan James in the 2.40 at Newmarket. His overall form this season doesn't look good enough for this. However I think his chances improve if you look a bit more closely at his Newmarket form. He put up a decent performance in what has turned out to be a fairly strong Group 3 over 9f only really faded in the final furlong giving weight all round. Todays set up doesn't look too bad he's the only natural front runner and doesn't look like he's going to be put under too much pressure up front which will hopefully give him an easy lead and for a horse that does stay further than 7F I think at 50's he's certainly value to hold on for a place at least. His most recent run in the Ayr Gold cup considering he ran the entire width of the track that day wasn't a bad performance so that shows he's at least well in himself think a combination of trip,track and circumstances could see him put up one of his best performances for a while. Not one to go mad on but at the price I couldn't resist a tenna e/w.

Last edited:
I've taken 6/1 about Promising Run in the Fillies Mile. Fear the favourite and Coolmore also but the selection is overpriced, especially in relation to Goden's filly whose only beaten trees in a couple of soft ground events. There was a lot to like about PR's Rockfel win and she will appreciate a mile I would think.

Simon Squirrel in the opener at Newton Abbot. Top connections and had a fair reputation last year but only saw the track once, running an average race in a hot Ascot bumper. Think they would only persevere with him if they thought he would progress and the stable had a novice winner yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back