What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered whether they might be tempted to supplement him for the Ryanair too especially as he jumped the last once in front in the GC

it seems to me that he looked bored to death with the slogs and has looked gone at the game over trips..they drop him back with headgear..he buries the field..and its lets step him back up..odd one

it seems to me that he looked bored to death with the slogs and has looked gone at the game over trips..they drop him back with headgear..he buries the field..and its lets step him back up..odd one

They've always described him as an out-and-out stayer, so I'm not surprised they want to step him back up. Today was short of his best distance but the heavy helped and he had a colossal class advantage.

Doesn't like Cheltenham. If he was mine he'd go to the National. Could easily win and it's not such a risk nowadays.

he doesn't like 3m2 at cheltenham

the time he put in today is phenominal..its only soft at Ascot..not heavy...the performance cries out ryanair..the stayer thing might be that he is a really good 2m5 er who has been staying 3 miles ..todays effort is amazing,,nowt would touch him in the ryanair

can you imagine if it had been a Mullins hoss that won by 20 from a 162 hoss..there would be all sorts of plaudits being banged out

stepping him back up is madness imo

SC doesn't like Cheltenham. Never has, never will.

cheltenham 3m2.5 that is...the horse has showed today it wants less diistance to show real best.

how many really good 2m5 hosses ..and he proved today thats his best trip now..do you support in grand Nationals?

its the old..won at 3 miles but is really better at shorter scenario.

only very good 2m5 hosses do what he has done today

will be a no show in a national imo..and a wasted G1 win at cheltenham in a weak ryanair..what a waste

Last edited:
SC doesn't like Cheltenham. Never has, never will.

I remember thinking the same about Riverside Theatre who took the Ryanair after hacking up in this. He certainly seemed to hate the course but was classy enough to win
Silvianaco would need to be supplemented of course and PFN gave no indication that was on the cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There will never be a worse renewal of the Ryanair than the one Riverside Theatre won.
SC would be fulfilling the annual Menorah patron saint of mug punters role if he ran in it

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

There will never be a worse renewal of the Ryanair than the one Riverside Theatre won.
SC would be fulfilling the annual Menorah patron saint of mug punters role if he ran in it

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

but what has yesterdays performance got to do with Menorah?

to me..its all about recognising top performances..that was a top performance yesterday.

i'd be having a very close look at the result if i were you..it was top drawer stuff..too dismiss is it so easily tells me you haven't look in depth at it....you seem to have made your mind up you don't like the horse..so you won't be impressed by anything it does.

instead you refer to people as mugs that think it was a good perfomance..you are basing that on dismissing a performance..coz you don't like the horse...that seems more muggish than analysing the performance does it not?

If that had been Vautour yesterday people would have been frothing at mouth at a performance like that..which seems odd to me..swap the horse at the front..swap the punter opinion..which shows me that punters are not swayed by actual performance..its which horse produces them that decides if they like the performance or not

Last edited:
It's more a question of using form at one course at another totally different course. All the evidence is that SC is discomforted by the undulations of Cheltenham and, after denying it for years, even connections now accept that he doesn't like the course.
I for one don't think that you're a mug for rating yesterday's performance highly. It was top drawer but, for me at least, of little relevance for Cheltenham. Your Champion Hurdle comparisons are always interesting but, importantly, they are races on the same course. Likewise, your all-weather ratings demand respect but you yourself have at times been cautious about how form transfers between the tracks.

oh for sure different tracks is important Archie yes...but i'm not convinced he doesn't like Cheltenham..he maybe doesn't like 3m2 there...surely its worth at shot at shorter becaus it looks like he is a really good 2m5 hoss that is still very good at 3 miles.

Its like the discusiion we have had re Vautour. Lets say Vautour had never run at 2m5f..and had always been campaigned at further..at further he is that good he wins top 3 mile races..then he becomes disappointing at 3 miles and one day they drop him to 2m5 as SC did..Vautour then puts in a performance like he did last March. People then would know..well he was really good at 3 miles..but he is even better at shorter..and we never tried it before beacuse his 3 mile performaces said that was his trip

its all about finding where a horse can put his very best in..stretch him out..he is very good..wins 3m G1's no prob..but..if given a lesser stretch out..shows exceptional form..even higher than his longer exploits have shown.

i think Cue Card would be similar..he is that good .he can win top 3 mile races..but if they put him in Ryanair..he would put in something that special it would eclipse his longer distance form by some way

Last edited:
Meanwhile back on the subject of the thread Chocca Wocca us available at evens on mobile with Corals until 12.30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back