What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this one was mentioned on the cliff horses thread a few weeks ago..i didn't think it was a cliff hoss..but will find out today if it is or not

4.45. Kempton: Ericht

The key is class of race + time of year

8k or more = 6300595P630P8994U5
less than 8k = 211321711212

Jan/Feb = 11 20711185
Mar - Dec = 2630592P6309924U

combine both conditions = 1127111

Good shout KA. I was on ew. Can someone please explain how ew doubles are calculated. My Shotgun Paddy/Theatre Guide bet doesn't seem to have returned a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this one was mentioned on the cliff horses thread a few weeks ago..i didn't think it was a cliff hoss..but will find out today if it is or not

4.45. Kempton: Ericht

The key is class of race + time of year

8k or more = 6300595P630P8994U5
less than 8k = 211321711212

Jan/Feb = 11 20711185
Mar - Dec = 2630592P6309924U

combine both conditions = 1127111

:adore:

I can't believe I've missed this. They're the kind of stats I really like and would have backed if for sure. Good shout EC.

I had a pal who used to pull these kind of stats all the time and is the only guy I've ever known who genuinely made the game pay. He was absolutely obsessed with profiling horses. He bet big, but little and often, and lived the high life off the back of it. He got closed down everywhere and completely lost the plot in the end.

I could never do this game professionally. I came close a long time ago, shortly after the advent of Betfair, but a combination of seeing what happened to him ( no longer with us), and my kahunas not being big enough stopped me doing it.

I can't believe I've missed this. They're the kind of stats I really like and would have backed if for sure. Good shout EC.

I had a pal who used to pull these kind of stats all the time and is the only guy I've ever known who genuinely made the game pay. He was absolutely obsessed with profiling horses. He bet big, but little and often, and lived the high life off the back of it. He got closed down everywhere and completely lost the plot in the end.

I could never do this game professionally. I came close a long time ago, shortly after the advent of Betfair, but a combination of seeing what happened to him ( no longer with us), and my kahunas not being big enough stopped me doing it.

Very interesting post-the best punter I ever knew (he went skint and came back again) always talk about the madness involved in serious punting -I think that's the point between having kahunas and being disciplined.I think anyone who punts has lost the plot at some stage.

I think everybody punts every day

when you are buying a house
when you have an insurance
the school you choose for your kids
investing in stocks

Good shout KA. I was on ew. Can someone please explain how ew doubles are calculated. My Shotgun Paddy/Theatre Guide bet doesn't seem to have returned a great deal.

Only the ew part would pay you TheBear, one winner & one placed is same as 2 placed. It's not a fifth or a quarter times the multiplied odds, it's 1/16 or 1/25 roughly times the odds.
£10 on a 2/1 & 3/1 ew (=£20) at 1/4 odds places pays £10*2/1* 1/4 plus stake (=£15) going on 3/1*1/4 plus the now £15 stake = £26.25 for a £20 outlay

pensions is probably the biggest punt of all for sure...in fact it makes gambling on hosses look a smart move

Disagree. Funding a well chosen pension plan is one of the best investments you can make What's not to like about the tax breaks you can currently get (before George Osborne takes them away)

Disagree. Funding a well chosen pension plan is one of the best investments you can make What's not to like about the tax breaks you can currently get (before George Osborne takes them away)

You trust they are going to pay You in 20 years.
You are a believer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back