What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
small fancy for According To Trev today in the 3.40..win+place... a few quid at 20.0 and 4.5 place.

Think the class drop and better ground might see a decent run at the odds...record when racing for more than 8k =
35P633PPf1P04P207..but when racing for less than 8k =111411f2

Has only run at sthwell twice before and won on both occasions
worth a shot

another speculative on a quiet day

3.15 Ayr. Tap Night

Form 9k+ =122349507309067
Form >9k 2231111411

Form above 2m5 = 60u067
Form 2m5 or less = 22311111415222883P495073901

<11.05 = 22361422283P9003U09067
11.05 or more = 11111584571

combine..<9k ....... 2m5 or less ..........11.05+ = 11111

will love the ground and is handicapped ok..worth a dabble at 17.5 on betfair at the moment

Last edited:
been waiting for this one to run..5.00 catterick.... tickanrun...ran in a decent figure race last time with a well handicapped hoss beating it...has gone up 5lb but is well in on my calcs..12.0 taken

Catterick 2.30 Beatu small e/way 16/1 + old form stacks up - hit the rail in the champion bumper at Aintree and never got back in the race - was running a clear 2nd to Aristo Du Plessis before falling that horse should of won his next 6 races but fell in one and ended up an O/R 145 horse. Beatu not beaten far by On Tour in a NH Flat race. If you ignore his first run back from injury there may still be some hidden talent in this horse and worth a small risk at big odds in a race that shouldn't take much winning.

Sorry Benny i'm off out in a minute and haven't looked in any detail at tonights card. Only horse that i keep an eye on left to run is Embankment in the 7.25, just as likely to come last as 1st as keeps totally missing the break but was only just touched off this time last year over C/D in C4 from this mark, perhaps be prepared to lose just a couple of Quid on it, unless you've got fast pictures and you can back it if he gets off within 5 lengths of them, good luck.

Embankment goes again in the 1st race at Kempton tmr, has been dropped into a C6 for the 1st time in its career and has even been dropped 3lb in the ratings. Havlin again rides who won on him over C/D from this mark last May. Horse has won twice over C/D and has 2 good 2nds btn sh/hd and 3/4length this time last year, Attwater has his string in good order with 2 winners, 2 seconds and a 3rd in last F/N.
Should go close if he doesn't totally blow the start, 16/1 gone now but 10/1 and 12/1 still available.

Earlier on in the day in the C7 at Wolver, Lutine Charlie pretty easy winner at Kempton last week runs off the same mark 49 as that was an apprentice race, tmr Sophie Killoran an improving young rider can actually claim her 7lbs off his back, had only just got beaten a nose in previous race with Little Indian(won since) 3 1/2 lengths behind, took 4/1 earlier but As a Dream has come out since and generally 7/2 now.

Think Russian Radiance wins that, PB. Travelled like much the best horse in the race latest, but failed to pick up as quickly as her jockey expected. Returning from a break then, and with the hood back on today, she should have the legs of these.
Current 3/1 will do nicely.

Had a look at the 7.15 in which you've picked a couple, don't know enough about the fillies to be too confident but Mystical Saphire comes out of Mezmaar race where she finished 3rd running on well, thought that was a good run in light of the horses that finished behind that have come out and won since. The 5th Loyalty won nto, 8th home Pour le Victoire won nto and is now 9lb higher, and Fleckerl in 9th has won 2 races since, last one from a 5ls higher mark. This horse gets in from a 2lbs lower mark! Unfortunately don't know enough about the others to be confident but put it in an EW double with Lutine Charlie last night both at 4/1, don't think i'd go under 3/1-7/2 for it though.

Embankment goes again in the 1st race at Kempton tmr, has been dropped into a C6 for the 1st time in its career and has even been dropped 3lb in the ratings. Havlin again rides who won on him over C/D from this mark last May. Horse has won twice over C/D and has 2 good 2nds btn sh/hd and 3/4length this time last year, Attwater has his string in good order with 2 winners, 2 seconds and a 3rd in last F/N.
Should go close if he doesn't totally blow the start, 16/1 gone now but 10/1 and 12/1 still available.

Got well backed into 6/1 but that was dissapointing, not to sure how much effort Havlin put into that, not my day.

Southwell 2.50 Galvanize 25/1 small e/way - can't see why this is the outsider of the field. He ran a good race against o/r 70 horses in a claimer l/t/o despite losing a couple of lengths at the start when the blindfold got caught in his blinkers. The time of the race looks ok and he races today off a mark of 59 in a 0-65 with a decent all-weather jockey on his back. The only negative I can find is course form as he's only had one race on the surface but I can forgive any horse not taking to the surface first time. Anyway the price is way too big imo and a small value e/bet for me.

Last edited:
a yankee for me

1.45 Kestrel call
3.25 ralphy lad
3.50 sandy beach
4.35 final

Good luck EC1 funnily enough I did a yankee today as well

Ludlow
2.30 Going For Broke
3.40 Nexius
4.15 Pulling Power

Taunton
3.15 City Supreme

Fancy Notarised at Chelmsford tonight.

Johnston Fanning combination - Fanning has one ride. Won over distance but never on sand. On the face of it looks priced fairly. Just nagging at me this one.

I'm also on Royal Palladium 1540 at Ludlow, reckon will be ready to go this time.

been looking at the 5.00 race mainly because i was wanting to back ballyegan if it fitted his profile today..but it doesn't..

his record in races of value 4k+ = 8822352P6U P4P53P

Grand March seems to struggle badly when not racing at 2 miles

Too Scoops doesn't inspire

so a default selection has to be Agincourt Reef..ran a decent figure last time against a well handicapped winner and doesn't seem to have the negatives the others have

been looking at the 5.00 race mainly because i was wanting to back ballyegan if it fitted his profile today..but it doesn't..

his record in races of value 4k+ = 8822352P6U P4P53P

Grand March seems to struggle badly when not racing at 2 miles

Too Scoops doesn't inspire

so a default selection has to be Agincourt Reef..ran a decent figure last time against a well handicapped winner and doesn't seem to have the negatives the others have

Lovely work. Anything at Chelmsford tonight?

Trixie for me tonight, with a couple of singles on the 3/1 shots.

Pao de Acucar 5/6 5.45 Wolves
(Won 16 lengths last time and only 6lb penalty)

Wolowitz 3/1 6.45 Wolves
(One of Gigilo's to-follows)

Off the Pulse 3/1 7.45 Wolves
(Down in class and being backed).

Slightly bigger prices available but not where I can bet. All three win and that's my Cheltenham tank well and truly sorted.

Have backed Hells Kitchen ew in 14.50 at Newbury

He was a massive drifter on his first run but looked really promising without having a clue about racing. Hopefully much sharper today and expect him to place at least

Have backed Hells Kitchen ew in 14.50 at Newbury

He was a massive drifter on his first run but looked really promising without having a clue about racing. Hopefully much sharper today and expect him to place at least

Good shout, looks a really nice type. Jumped beautifully and has tons of scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back