What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intrude (2.15W) comfortably disposed of a decent marker latest, and the 3lb he's been raised should be offset by the drop back in trip.
Current 13/2 is generous.

Predictably Spencer gives him too much to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to check and switch when making his challenge; otherwise, it might have been different. Chance you take with this type, but fair enough at the price.

Passing on a bit of word on Seskinane, fancied in 3.00 Navan. Backed from very big prices, 20/1 still available tho. Trainer's a friend of mine from college.

This fella runs today in Limerick 3.45 & fancied to run well again at 9/2.

a speculative wager on Jodies Miss in the 5.35 at Cork

this drop back in trip could well suit..was up there at about this distance two races ago over 22f in a decentish figure race. stolberg looks to have it to do here and papas way would be better over shorter even though that last run is decent. I should really have a cover on Papas way but..for sake of a guiness fattener will just go a little on jodies.

15.0 taken

Last edited:
Not a Cheltenham thread but thought I'd post my selections up!

Altior - min won't have been under the pressure I expect Altior to serve up to him so be interesting to see if he can handle it

Katenko - pulled up last twice but at a good price, down the weights to last winning weight and has c and d form. Venetia has 8 places from last 16 runs Inc 3 winners.

Waldorf salad is another of venetian at a big price. Not gone 4 miles before and hasn't enjoyed good ground more of a heavy ground horse but I'm hoping coupled with venetias form and the stamina it clear has we've got chance of a place.

Added the above in small multiples with douvan, vroum vroum mag and the new one for a bit of fun. Good luck all

The JP winner from that race is useful. Gerraghty was really soft on him and left him a hell of a lot to do. When he pressed the button he flew home. It'll be interesting to see what view the handicapper takes, but he's definitely of interest for the Pertemps Final.

Just listening to the Racing Postcast there and they were saying that Rathpatrick definitely won't get in to. No idea how accurate that is, but they seemed fairly certain. One for the notebook nonetheless, was their synopsis.

This horse Rathpatrick scrapped in at the very bottom of the handicap for the Pertemps final tomorrow. No form on good ground and never even been out of Ireland before. And LTO quickened off a slow pace in slow ground, very different to the conditions he will encounter tomorrow. So I'm not sure how real a chance he has, but off a feather weight at 40/1 - 5 places, he might worth a punt.

Not very original but the Vautour/Thistlecrack double looks nailed on to me.

I was going to do that but I've got a few doubts about Vautour, especially now it seems to be drifting in the market, so my betting today will consist of £25 with Skybet on Bristol De Mai in the first, if it wins a £50 double on Thistlecrack and Martins tip from the pointing thread, if it loses then the free £25 bet on the same double. Not the best odds but should pay around 3-1.

Ok this is for your eyes only.

Nicky Henderson is having a great time of it with Altior hacking up ands Sprinter winning his crown back

One horse he believes in while most of us don't is Josse's Hill and they reckon at Seven Barrows he is in fantastic form and will run a stormer.

Not a horse I would be getting stuck into but I don't intend to let him go unbacked just in case..EW is the name of the game G/l

Ok this is for your eyes only.

Nicky Henderson is having a great time of it with Altior hacking up ands Sprinter winning his crown back

One horse he believes in while most of us don't is Josse's Hill and they reckon at Seven Barrows he is in fantastic form and will run a stormer.

Not a horse I would be getting stuck into but I don't intend to let him go unbacked just in case..EW is the name of the game G/l

I agree, he's the value.

Thanks. I also backed Our Kaempfer e/w so hope it was him. Being greedy there though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back