What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle 2.45 DE BENE ESSE - stable has 6 horses at Ffos Las but the first jockey goes all the way to Carlisle just for one ride.

Agreed. Looks closely matched with the jolly and therefore value at 3/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A long way to go for one that runs like that [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calculated Risk hacked up by 11 lengths today.
I've looked at the form of the horses to have finished close to him recently, with a view to backing them next time out. Bishop Wulstan was 10 lengths behind Calculated Risk last month when 3rd, but now that Calculated risk will go up to the mid-120's, Bishop appears a potential winner-in-waiting off a current rating of 101.
He has an entry on Thursday. The trip looks ideal.

Last edited:
my favourite types..big run..bounce,,big run..just wish it had been 6/4 today..wouldn't have touched it then..double stake next time..hopefully be 7/1+ with recency bias built in

as i said on Gigilos thread before..big number hosses do this very often..well winners do..those that finish 2nd or 3rd to big ones usually run well. I don't know why it is..bounce,,,stable don't try ..as its too obvious..don't know.

the number of times this happens..even good hosses like Ivan don't do it next time

Last edited:
by coincidence there is another that ran big last in the next..ediffs lad..big figure..wouldn't be surprised if passing fiesta who finished 2nd to it beat it today..wouldn't play at the prices either way but on that last run ediffs has a ton in hand..do they want it though?..will it bounce etc?..not paying to find out this time

Last edited:
again..big figure..complete flop..both of em..its either bounce or not wanted..neither hoss is that bad..quite the opposite..another week or two all will 3 be out again and previous run when really good will be forgotten..thats the time to be on

Last edited:
by coincidence there is another that ran big last in the next..ediffs lad..big figure..wouldn't be surprised if passing fiesta who finished 2nd to it beat it today..wouldn't play at the prices either way but on that last run ediffs has a ton in hand..do they want it though?..will it bounce etc?..not paying to find out this time

Both stuffed!

like i said...if santas had been similar price to edieffs i would have gladly left it..it happens all the time..jumps or AW..could just be that these lower class hosses just can't turn out and do it quickly again..need a break..all 3 of these mentioned today are above mark..we will watch..and hopefully recoup at better prices.

I agree EC. Go and look at the patterns at the World Cup carnival. Big win followed by a big flop. You can be certain they're trying over there with the money on offer suggesting frequency is the problem. I reckon it takes a month to get the majority of horses back up again, and even then you can only go to the well so often. Sprinters maybe being the exception.

Wetherby 4.55 - Top Cat Henry

Was down to run at Southwell yesterday but connections have chosen this engagement instead. Wants good ground and gets it here. Been running in better races and can take these. Each way play at 8/1ish for me.

Know that giggsy really likes the Fav in the 4.00 Southwell and he may well prove right as it hacked up lto. But what did it beat and he is up 2 grades today with a 6lb penalty.
I can well recall Mr Fretwell laying horses out for a gamble before in a low grade race where they've hacked up, only not to be as good as the visual impression created when winning, particularly thinking off Secrets Safe last year who hacked up by 8 lengths in a class 6 maiden at Southwell only to be beaten nto and hasn't won again since.
I'm very fond of the dam of Mysterious Look who was a very good mare herself on soft ground and horse showed improved form to win over C/D lto, will back this EW in the hope that Ticking Away bombs out, will do F/C with Furiant as well reversed, saver Ticking Away and Mysterious Look F/C.

Wetherby 4.55 - Top Cat Henry

Was down to run at Southwell yesterday but connections have chosen this engagement instead. Wants good ground and gets it here. Been running in better races and can take these. Each way play at 8/1ish for me.

[emoji1]

Fancy three at Haydock today.

4.00 Beatu - good run last time, handicap debut today - 4/1

4.30 Lord Landen - Cheltenham form of penultimate run would be more than good enough, though a well backed NTD horse in opposition always worries me. 5/2

5.00 Impulsive American - liked his last run - 11/4

Each way trixie for me on these

Fancy three at Haydock today.

4.00 Beatu - good run last time, handicap debut today - 4/1

4.30 Lord Landen - Cheltenham form of penultimate run would be more than good enough, though a well backed NTD horse in opposition always worries me. 5/2

5.00 Impulsive American - liked his last run - 11/4

Each way trixie for me on these

Well done Benny with Top Cat Henry

I fancy 4 today including the first one you put up - I think I stuck it up as an e/way on his last run?
Anyway all four of mine have had glowing reports from their trainers but for reasons have not shown it yet and I'm hopeful they will all do well today. They certainly have the look that their trainers have found the right races for them.

Haydock
3.30 Some Buckle
4.00 Beatu
4.30 Whiskey Ridge
5.00 Birch Hill

Well done Benny with Top Cat Henry

I fancy 4 today including the first one you put up - I think I stuck it up as an e/way on his last run?
Anyway all four of mine have had glowing reports from their trainers but for reasons have not shown it yet and I'm hopeful they will all do well today. They certainly have the look that their trainers have found the right races for them.

Haydock
3.30 Some Buckle
4.00 Beatu
4.30 Whiskey Ridge
5.00 Birch Hill

Good luck SC (apart from in the 4.30 and 5.00 of course [emoji1])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back