Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each]

12.20 Nottingham-Tap Tap Boom @ 11-2 [Bet Bright]
12.50 Nottingham-Zumurudee @ 10-3 [Bet Bright]
1.00 Musselburgh-Rioja Day @ 8-1 [Race Bets]
1.30 Musselburgh-Thankyou Very Much @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
1.55 Nottingham-Double Up @ 2-1 [Stan James]
2.40 Musselburgh-Lake Chapala @ 10-3 [Race Bets]:)

Loss of 1.67pts..three 2nds

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.30 Newbury-Carre Noir @ 8-1 [Race Bets]
1.40 Market Rasen-Wizard's Sliabh @ 11-2 [Bet 365]
1.50 Musselburgh-Arthurs Secret @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
2.35 Newbury-Dusky Legend @ 7-4 [Race Bets]
2.45 Market Rasen-La Vaticane @ 9-4 [Betfair Sports]

Market Rasen 2.45
Cresswell Breeze shapes as if the step up in trip should suit and could make the most of her chasing experience. The jolly may have been a shade fortunate to win at Wincanton in March and might just need the run anyway. Run Ructions Run has won at this trip but that was a weaker race although it wouldn't be the first time Dr Newland has found plenty of improvement. The others look less likely to stay IMO
5/1 Cresswell Breeze for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Forte was a non runner yesterday and Lilac Tree returned place money. Small loss on the day.

Today

3.35 - Thurles - Alhellal. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
There is more quantity than quality in this handicap hurdle and it's not surprising to see Omega Springs at the head of the market. However a non runner allows the first reserve, Alhellal, to take his chance. He returned from a 16 month absence in August and has gone close on the flat on his last two starts. Those outings came from marks of 53 and 54, so he is a long way short of the horse who was getting competitive from around 30 pounds higher three years ago, but he may still retain enough ability to make the frame here at least. A mark of 86 of hurdles gives him a chance and he handles any ground. His only win over hurdles came over 20 furlongs so he could be suited by the likely strong pace he is going to get here. He has joined a very small new yard for this campaign and this is their first runner at the track.

7.30 - Chelmsford - Russian Radiance. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
Several of the eleven runners in this seven furlong handicap are capable of winning from their current marks but, at the relevant prices, it may be worth chancing Russian Radiance. She didn't reappear until last month after a six month break and she didn't produce much in races at Sandown and Newbury. However she is a better horse on the artificial surfaces and should be seen in a better light on his first start here. She went close from today's mark in a better race at Lingfield back in January and wouldn't need to improve much on that effort to get competitive in this affair. She wasn't beaten far in two subsequent races at Kempton and Wolverhampton and drops back in class here. Martin Harley has yet to ride a winner for the yard in 21 attempts but the Trainer sends just the one to a track where they haven't sent many since it's re-opening.

Max Forte was a non runner yesterday and Lilac Tree returned place money. Small loss on the day.

Today

3.35 - Thurles - Alhellal. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
There is more quantity than quality in this handicap hurdle and it's not surprising to see Omega Springs at the head of the market. However a non runner allows the first reserve, Alhellal, to take his chance. He returned from a 16 month absence in August and has gone close on the flat on his last two starts. Those outings came from marks of 53 and 54, so he is a long way short of the horse who was getting competitive from around 30 pounds higher three years ago, but he may still retain enough ability to make the frame here at least. A mark of 86 of hurdles gives him a chance and he handles any ground. His only win over hurdles came over 20 furlongs so he could be suited by the likely strong pace he is going to get here. He has joined a very small new yard for this campaign and this is their first runner at the track.

7.30 - Chelmsford - Russian Radiance. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
Several of the eleven runners in this seven furlong handicap are capable of winning from their current marks but, at the relevant prices, it may be worth chancing Russian Radiance. She didn't reappear until last month after a six month break and she didn't produce much in races at Sandown and Newbury. However she is a better horse on the artificial surfaces and should be seen in a better light on his first start here. She went close from today's mark in a better race at Lingfield back in January and wouldn't need to improve much on that effort to get competitive in this affair. She wasn't beaten far in two subsequent races at Kempton and Wolverhampton and drops back in class here. Martin Harley has yet to ride a winner for the yard in 21 attempts but the Trainer sends just the one to a track where they haven't sent many since it's re-opening.

Nice one with Russian Radiance only btn a hd & shd - well done!

1.40 Market Rasen-Wizard's Sliabh @ 11-2 [Bet 365]
2.35 Newbury-Dusky Legend @ 7-4 [Race Bets]

Two nice winners PB one at 10/1 - well done!

Yes well done PB. Have you kept any stats? You seem to be making a regular profit lately.

1.40 Market Rasen-Wizard's Sliabh @ 11-2 [Bet 365] :) @ 10-1
2.35 Newbury-Dusky Legend @ 7-4 [Race Bets] :)

Profit of 8.75pts....two 2nds

1.25 Warwick-Silvergrove @ 6-4 [Bet 365]
2.55 Hexham-Surprise Vendor @ 9-2 [Race Bets]

Not much to get excited about today, not got the enthusiasm to write these up, but still should make a profit hopefully.

5.20 - Newcastle:
Grey Destiny. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.
Lozah. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.

6.20 - Newcastle - Mont Ras. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.

6.50 - Newcastle - Napoleon Solo. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

7.20 - Newcastle - Manatee Bay. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

edit: does anyone have any idea why they are being spaced out when i copy from notepad? They never used to...weird.

Last edited:
Not much to get excited about today, not got the enthusiasm to write these up, but still should make a profit hopefully.

5.20 - Newcastle:
Grey Destiny. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.
Lozah. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.

6.20 - Newcastle - Mont Ras. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.

6.50 - Newcastle - Napoleon Solo. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

7.20 - Newcastle - Manatee Bay. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

edit: does anyone have any idea why they are being spaced out when i copy from notepad? They never used to...weird.

One placed at 16/1 and an 11/1 winner. Another decent day.

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.40 Doncaster-Wurood @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
12.55 Aintree-Geordie Des Champs @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
1.10 Kelso-Chain Of Beacons @ 9-4 [William Hill]
1.35 Wincanton-Frodon @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
1.45 Kelso-Bourne @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
2.05 Aintree-Caid Du Berlais @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]
2.10 Wincanton-North Hill Harvey @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
2.40 Aintree-Vyta Du Roc @ 13-2 [Betfred]
2.45 Wincanton-Antartica De Thaix @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
3.10 Aintree-Splash Of Ginge @ 5-1 [William Hill]
4.15 Aintree-Cruiseaweigh @ 2-1 [Bet 365]

90% of the runners in the Pertemps handicap hurdle, look like they're out for a gallop ahead of the BetVictor Gold Cup next weekend, and I can't imagine they'll be looking to leave that race behind today.

The good Doctor runs Young Dillon off bottom-weight, and has stuck a 7lb claimer on too, just to make sure. He was winning form at the trip on good ground, and I figure he'll be one of the few genuine triers - I had a decent belt at 6/1 last night.

Yesterday ended in profit with Lozah placing and Manatee Bay winning at Newcastle.

Today's Selections:

1.50 - Doncaster - Boy In The Bar. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
A wide open sprint handicap but the interesting one is Boy In The Bar. He has shown progressive form in five starts since he returned to turf in June with two victories and two defeats by less than two lengths. He is still well weighted on the form he was showing for Richard Fahey last Summer but it's the move back up to seven furlongs which catches the eye. His has only attempted the trip on two previous occasions and there was plenty of promise in the second of them at Ayr. He was eventually beaten just over four lengths but met traffic problems and was finishing well once he got the gaps. He stays six furlongs well and seven furlongs on a flat track like this could be within reach; he could even improve for it. He is not badly drawn and there is plenty of pace drawn adjacent to him so he should get a good tow into the race. All four of his victories have been in blinkers and they are back on today. The booking of a top three pound claimer will help his cause and the yard are in very good form. They also run Shady McCoy who is not without a chance.

3.10 - Aintree - On Tour. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
Five of the nine runners are making their reappearances but in the case of On Tour, that's to his advantage; he has run well on his initial start of a campaign in all three seasons for his current handler. He won two small field Novice Chases on his first two starts last season and, judged on those, he is not on a bad mark. He has to be forgiven two subsequent disappointments in handicap company but, if he is back on song, then he has the potential to get very competitive with these. He is versatile regarding ground conditions and is unexposed over this sort of trip. The yard have had a slow start to the season and Paul Moloney hasn't ridden a winner here in 24 attempts in recent seasons, which is a slight concern.

3.35 - Doncaster:
Dashing Star. 1 pt e/w. Available at 20/1.
Sir Chauvelin. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.
As expected, the prevailing fast ground has led to some non runners and there could be more by post time. Some of these still have some potential from their current marks and, at big prices, Dashing Star and Sir Chauvelin are worth considering. Dashing Star has a poor strike rate, he hasn't won for just over three years, but, more often than not, he gets competitive. He returned from a 15 month absence twelve days ago and suggested he retains most, if not all, his former ability. He had a few of these in front of him but the race wasn't run to suit and it will have brought him on. The Assessor has been kind in dropping him two pounds and the stronger pace he is likely to get here will suit. He is not ground dependent and is ridden by a jockey who has a 25% strike rate for the yard this season. Sir Chauvelin is a strong traveler who stays much further than this, so he will need a strong pace. The last time he ran over this trip he was a winner at Hamilton but that is a much stiffer track than this one. He disappointed last time out in the Ebor at York but he injured a knee so that effort can be forgiven. Prior to that he had been progressive and wouldn't be out of this on his current mark judged on his effort in a Listed race at York on his penultimate start. Softer conditions would've been ideal but only in as much as it would've slowed the rest down because he does handle fast ground.

4.05 - Doncaster - Ballymore Castle. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Good luck Ricko. Someone said I should post every now and then, so here goes. I disagree with you (or have different ideas) on a couple of the races.

Doncaster - 1:50 RIGHT TOUCH seems overpriced, I think he is on a decent mark on what he's actually done (which is plentiful). 7 wins from 28 starts is a 25 percent strike rate according to my calculator, and a mark of 100 is far from unjustified. If he handles the firmer going I reckon he's a contender.

3:35 Incredibly difficult to see anything that sticks out as well handicapped. Wrangler was staying on like a steam train last time over 10F, but just looks too good to be true today. Maybe he'll bounce. I am suspicious for some reason. The dark horse coming from off the radar is Hugo's Palmer's QASSEM. This fella is lightly raced, (had five runs in France). He ran well enough over 6 and 7 furlongs without actually setting the world alight. He wouldn't get a look-in over here at 6 and 7 furlongs based on that form in France, but he did do enough to make him appealing as a potentially unexposed and well handicapped horse switching to a top U.K stable at a new type of distance. Perhaps he'll show he's a big price today?!

Aintree 3:10 BAILEY'S CONCERTO is back on a mark in the 120's again, which is where he last finished off winning in 2014 when he rattled up a five timer. I'm not saying he's a good thing, but at 20/1 or thereabouts I think he'll do well each way.

An E/W patent on the above three, hopefully we have the winners covered!

Last edited:
Aintree 2.05

Young Dillon looks worth a go in this. As Grasshopper says several others will have other targets over fences in mind while Unanimite may have been flattered LTO and the jolly is coming off a poor run in the Cesarewitch

Wincanton 3.20
Gentleman Jon looks to have a decent chance and 12/1 a fair price to continue the good run for Tizzard and O'Brien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good luck Ricko. Someone said I should post every now and then, so here goes. I disagree with you (or have different ideas) on a couple of the races.

Doncaster - 1:50 RIGHT TOUCH seems overpriced, I think he is on a decent mark on what he's actually done (which is plentiful). 7 wins from 28 starts is a 25 percent strike rate according to my calculator, and a mark of 100 is far from unjustified. If he handles the firmer going I reckon he's a contender.

3:35 Incredibly difficult to see anything that sticks out as well handicapped. Wrangler was staying on like a steam train last time over 10F, but just looks too good to be true today. Maybe he'll bounce. I am suspicious for some reason. The dark horse coming from off the radar is Hugo's Palmer's QASSEM. This fella is lightly raced, (had five runs in France). He ran well enough over 6 and 7 furlongs without actually setting the world alight. He wouldn't get a look-in over here at 6 and 7 furlongs based on that form in France, but he did do enough to make him appealing as a potentially unexposed and well handicapped horse switching to a top U.K stable at a new type of distance. Perhaps he'll show he's a big price today?!

Aintree 3:10 BAILEY'S CONCERTO is back on a mark in the 120's again, which is where he last finished off winning in 2014 when he rattled up a five timer. I'm not saying he's a good thing, but at 20/1 or thereabouts I think he'll do well each way.

An E/W patent on the above three, hopefully we have the winners covered!

Great to see mate, best of luck to you too.
I've also backed Young Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back