What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading some great picks from EC1 - PB - Ricko - Viking & Reet - well done and sorry if I missed anyone else.

My Bets today as I think they are all on good marks and improving.

Carlisle
1.00 Two Taffs 4/9 BOG
1.35 Knockgraffon 7/2 BOG 4pts win
2.45 Kilbree Chief 10/1 BOG 2pts e/way
3.15 Island Heights 14/1 BOG 2pts e/way & 2 1/2pts e/way double with Kilbree Chief
Huntingdon
1.55 Late Night Lilly 5/4 BOG
0.5pt e/way canadian

Last edited:
Cheers, Col.

The stiffer track and extra 2f should more than compensate for the 6lb In The Rough (2.45) was raised for his lto win.

2.45 Full Jack goes well fresh and should relish this test. The two at the head of the market Belmount and In the Rough are progressive types but both look to have it to do at the weights IMO. 10/1 taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cunco looks decent value each-way at 16/1 for the G1 in France this afternoon. His form at distances up to a mile wouldn't be good enough but he improved considerably on that last time out at Newmarket when stepped up to 10f, the distance of today's race. The time at Newmarket was a very good one indeed.

Cunco looks decent value each-way at 16/1 for the G1 in France this afternoon. His form at distances up to a mile wouldn't be good enough but he improved considerably on that last time out at Newmarket when stepped up to 10f, the distance of today's race. The time at Newmarket was a very good one indeed.

yes i remember that race Gus..interesting that Wings Of Eagles also from that race appears again..ran green behind Cunco and possibly could improve past that one today?..making the 25/1 about him look rather big..might be worth a reverse f/c too:)

***can't get a fc on that race..so dutched em

Last edited:
I am going to have a few quid on More of That at 13/8 best odds guaranteed-he has a tremendous winning record and I can't imagine that Jonjo has given up on the dream of a Gold Cup -the fav is a likeable sort but I believe More of That should be different class.

yes i remember that race Gus..interesting that Wings Of Eagles also from that race appears again..ran green behind Cunco and possibly could improve past that one today?..making the 25/1 about him look rather big..might be worth a reverse f/c too:)

***can't get a fc on that race..so dutched em

Wings Of Eagles went off 106/1, no less, but neither he nor Cunco really showed. I was a bit disappointed, really, but I still think Coronet, who beat them both at Newmarket, is smart.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.40 Plumpton-Graasten @ 6-5 [Bet 365]
3.40 Plumpton-Miss Fortywinks @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.50 Kempton-Dream Of Summer @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
4.10 Plumpton-Shouting Hill @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
5.20 Kempton-Welliesinthewater @ 7-1 [Race Bets]

Placebacker, Andrew Thornton broke a collarbone only this month and it could be significant he's back this early to ride Miss Fortywinks.

Sounds like a terrible incident at Kempton. Understand Crawley is on a stretcher but Freddy Tylicki still hasn't been moved yet after nearly of hour on track after the fall. Thoughts with them and their families. Apparently the four horses who all fell appear OK.

Sounds like a terrible incident at Kempton. Understand Crawley is on a stretcher but Freddy Tylicki still hasn't been moved yet after nearly of hour on track after the fall. Thoughts with them and their families. Apparently the four horses who all fell appear OK.

they should abandon teh meeting imo..no jock will want to continue

1.40 Plumpton-Graasten @ 6-5 [Bet 365]:)
3.40 Plumpton-Miss Fortywinks @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.50 Kempton-Dream Of Summer @ 2-1 [Bet 365] Abandoned
4.10 Plumpton-Shouting Hill @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
5.20 Kempton-Welliesinthewater @ 7-1 [Race Bets] Non Runner

Loss of 0.8pt

1.30 Wolverhampton-Rapid Ranger @ 11-8 [Paddy Power]
2.30 Wolverhampton-Plato's Kode @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
2.40 Redcar-Storm Rock @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
2.50 Exeter-Barney Dwan @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
4.20 Exeter-Baraza @ 7-1 [Race Bets]

Already put the Haldon Gold Cup on the other thread, thought I might as well put the rest of them up today. Apologies, one already run.

2.10 - Redcar - Specialv. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.
Essenaitch could be dangerous dropping into this grade for the first time but slight preference is for Specialv whose last two victories have been in this class. The last of those came at Ayr over six furlongs on G/S ground in August and, although he has been below that level of form since, all three starts were in better races than this one. He was in good form earlier in the year over distances of 8/9 furlongs and he seems best when there is cut in the ground. He has only run over today's trip twice, winning once and disappointing on fast ground in the other. His two previous visits here saw him beaten a length and a half on both occasions and Ben Curtis returns to the saddle for the first time since that victory at Ayr. The only slight concern is the apparent lack of pace in the race which may not benefit those held up.

2.20 - Exeter - Sir Valentino. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
Dodging Bullets and Garde La Victoire are the class of this race and both drop into handicap company over fences for the first time. Dodging Bullets usually improves for his first run of the season and Garde La Victoire has fallen on his last two starts as a Chaser so both have questions to answer. The latter is preferred of the two having won over hurdles on his reappearance and reportedly schooled well. However he is short enough at prices of 2/1 and lower and a chance is given to Sir Valentino who could make the frame at least. He may not be as classy as his illustrious opponents at the head of the market but he is progressive having improved 25 pounds in a 16 run career as a Chaser. He has been well beaten on his last two starts but he seemed to find the trip too far in the Summer Plate at Market Rasen and the other came over hurdles. Prior to that he was a facile winner over 19 furlongs at Market Rasen on good ground from a six pound lower mark than he runs from today. Nearly all his outings over fences have been around two miles but this stiff extended 17 furlongs could prove ideal and may illicit the improvement he needs to get competitive.

3.30 - Wolverhampton - Mappin Time. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
A fair sprint handicap and one in which there appears to be plenty of pace. The draw often takes a hand over this trip at this track with the low drawn numbers favoured.. Mappin Time has been running well enough on turf to believe that he could be on a good mark on this return to the A/W. He is a better horse on the synthetics and this race should be run to suit his hold-up style. He has a decent draw in stall five and is a dual C/D winner, one of them on this Tapeta surface from a four pound higher mark than he runs from here. The yard's form last month is a concern but they send just the one to this track today and the eyeshields/blinkers combination, in which he has recorded all four of his A/W victories, return.

4.10 - Redcar - Caribbean Spring. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

8.10 - Kempton - Endive. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back