What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.40 - Wincanton:
Cadoudoff. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
Ardkilly Witness. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
Walt is likely to prove hard to beat and he rightly heads the market. He is lightly raced, progressive and will be suited by this step back up in trip after winning over 19 furlongs in soft ground at Fontwell last time out. Bought out of Nicky Henderson's yard last May he has joined a yard who operate at an impressive strike rate and who are adept at improving horses they get from other Trainers. He is the most likely winner under a very competent seven pound claimer but there are a few at bigger prices that are of some interest. Cadoudoff and Ardkilly Witness both revert to hurdles after relative lean times over fences but they are well handicapped if they find the switch back to the smaller obstacles to their liking. Cadoudoff fell on his reappearance at Newbury in November and has disappointed twice since. He was a third of six over this C/D last March from a five pound higher mark and went close over 20 furlongs at Wincanton in January 2015. Both those efforts would see him get competitive here and he is reunited with the last jockey to win on him. He represents a yard whose horses having been running well recently. Ardkilly Witness is well into veteran status and his Chase form has been patchy in recent times. He hasn't been seen over hurdles much but the majority of his form over the smaller obstacles suggests a mark of 120 is very attractive if he is still capable of producing his former level of performance. Testing ground suits and he has a victory over this sort of trip on this track, albeit over fences.

3.20 - Wincanton - Saroque. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
Saroque has been slow to come to hand this season but there were more encouraging signs at Bangor last time out, even though he ran in snatches and looked anything but an easy ride. As a consequence he has fallen seven pounds in the weights since the start of the campaign and is now rated five pound below the mark from which he won at Exeter in November 2015. He has since been placed at both Chepstow (Welsh National) and Exeter (Devon National) from 13 and ten pounds higher marks in testing ground. At ten years old he may be feeling his age but he represents a Trainer whose horses are quite capable of showing their best well into veteran status and it wouldn't be a surprise were Saroque to build on his latest effort. He has a completion record of 122128 in Chases on right handed tracks, all in soft/heavy ground.

3.35 - Ludlow - Port Melon. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1. (Nap)

7.30 - Chelmsford - Zamperini. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1. (Nb)

Last edited:
Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.20 Musselburgh-Apache Pilot @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Musselburgh-Appy Days @ 5-4 [Bet 365]
2.45 Chepstow-Shaama Grise @ 6-4 [Bet 365]

Sliding Doors in the last at Musselburgh.

Trainer can get one ready to win first time. Money for it this morning (significant from that yard). Doubt he's there to sample the Scottish air. 4/1 taken

Chepstow 2.10
Battle of Shiloh can defy a 9lb rise here. His comfortable defeat of Hainan last time giving 16lb looks decent form with that one having bolted up since and now rated 134

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirop De Menthe - Haydock 4:20 tomorrow, haven't looked at all the cards but this will do for a nap. Has won three class 3 handicap hurdles from four attempts since November 2015. He gets another opportunity to mop up in this grade on Saturday. A live chance with a rating in the low 130's...shouldn't be 12/1. The Skelton favourite might be smart but he's keeping Sirops price honest. :) An each way bet at these odds.

Last edited:
Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.20 Musselburgh-Apache Pilot @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Musselburgh-Appy Days @ 5-4 [Bet 365]
2.45 Chepstow-Shaama Grise @ 6-4 [Bet 365]

Two good winners there, well done. One of these days we'll land a decent multi on your stuff.

Trainer can get one ready to win first time. Money for it this morning (significant from that yard). Doubt he's there to sample the Scottish air. 4/1 taken

Chinned by a 14/1 shot in the shadow of the post. Pretty standard for one of mine.

Alary has to be taken on tomorrow regardless of the talk of him.

Only Denman has won a stayers handicap from a mark this high in the past 10 years so with Bristol De Mai still a bit to prove over this trip Definitly Red looks extremely backable at 4/1.

Nice one mate. Was backed off the boards on his first run over fences this season but appeared to get outpaced at a crucial point before rallying again at the finish. No such worries next time and it's hard to see the 8lb stopping him and I'm in little doubt that this is a serious horse still running off a decent mark.

Wheelbarrows at the ready.

Last edited:

Unlucky. Only beaten by greenness.

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.30 Haydock-Politologue @ 6-4 [Betfair Sports]
2.35 Lingfield-Pinzolo @ 7-4 [Boylesports]
3.35 Ascot-Kylemore Lough @ 5-2 [Race Bets]
3.50 Haydock-Wuff @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
4.20 Haydock-Dadsintrouble @ 15-2 [Stan James]

I had a decent each way pop at Vintage Clouds at 10/1. He's still pretty unexposed and on a nice enough mark. Each way though because despite him being ahead of the handicapper I have a sneaking suspicion that he gets worried out of winning.

Sirop De Menthe - Haydock 4:20 tomorrow, haven't looked at all the cards but this will do for a nap. Has won three class 3 handicap hurdles from four attempts since November 2015. He gets another opportunity to mop up in this grade on Saturday. A live chance with a rating in the low 130's...shouldn't be 12/1. The Skelton favourite might be smart but he's keeping Sirops price honest. :) An each way bet at these odds.
Drifted to 16's, has he gone lame? :) Strange price.

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.30 Haydock-Politologue @ 6-4 [Betfair Sports]
2.35 Lingfield-Pinzolo @ 7-4 [Boylesports]:) @ 5-2
3.35 Ascot-Kylemore Lough @ 5-2 [Race Bets] Aban
3.50 Haydock-Wuff @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
4.20 Haydock-Dadsintrouble @ 15-2 [Stan James]:)

Profit of 8pts

If there's any justice in the world Heartbreak City will win doing handstands today.....The one worry is why on earth is he not odds on?? 9/4 looks the steal of the season

If it looks to good to be true............it sometimes is..............the stable second string Golden Spear is a danger, I'd rather have him at 6's.

An e/w double with Space Cadet in the chase before for fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back