What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disputed looks a value shot in the Imperial Cup, very consistent and today looks ideal for it. Would be nice if it runs better than Jonjo's just has in the 1.50, cruises through the race and finishes with absolutely nothing, a bit of a Jonjo trademark, couldn't train ivy up a wall with many of his animals.

Last edited:
Gaitway (Sandown 13:50) looks potentially chucked-in off a mark of 128 today.

He beat Tea For Two readily in his sole Bumper outing (TFT eventually rated h140), and had over two years off the track following defeat to Aruba D'Irelande; returning in a hot little novice hurdle at Cheltenham won by Pingshou. Gaitway went well for a long way that day, until match-fitness told, and wasn't unfancied either, being sent off 11/4 2nd-Fave of twelve. He then went to Musselburgh, to win a tin-pot maiden at 1/2F early last month, running on again to lead close home, after being headed.

A strict interpretation of that win, would suggest a mark of 128 is probably about right. But his level of form in Bumpers, the promise he has shown in his two runs since returning, and the market-support in both races, suggest to me that the yard expect him to show a good deal more still.......and de Boinville has selected this one over the yard's top-weight.

B365, BetVictor and Hills are all taking a chance, pricing him up at 10/1. He is max bet material for me.

At least I knew my fate early. :(

With no confidence or recommendation:-

Sandown 1:50 Gaitway
2:25 Fourth Act
3:00 Gassin Golf

Wow. I hope that's not an indication of how next week is going to pan out. Not even a sniff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a txt from friend who trains in the states. He said sonic boom in 8.12 Tampa Bay should win. 4/1.

Said i'd pass the word on.

I got a txt from friend who trains in the states. He said sonic boom in 8.12 Tampa Bay should win. 4/1.

Said i'd pass the word on.

Boom!!! Thanks a million, nice way to start Saturday night - and a few quid to blow on Tuesday :)

Boom!!! Thanks a million, nice way to start Saturday night - and a few quid to blow on Tuesday :)

Good stuff. Glad to pass it on. I love it when I get a text from the states. More often than not it's a good one.

The gun is fully loaded for Tuesday with a few rounds to spare.

Bonny Kate in the Leinster National today at Naas 4:50. Can boost the Champagne West form, maybe Empire Of Dirt form also. ;)

Last edited:
On her too Marble. Also a double of Top Ville Ben at Market Rasen with Minella Till Dawn at Naas.

Vice Et Vertu in 3.55 Warwick. 11/1

Last edited:
4.50 Naas
Folsom Blue may be overpriced here at 20/1 with Corals paying 5 places. This horse had a nice confidence boost last time and will relish the testing ground. He's a real monkey though and has let me down badly a few times so wouldn't be surprised to see him well down the field

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.40 Hereford-Financial Climate @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]
2.25 Sandown-Shanroe Santos @ 3-1 [Boylesports]:) @ 10-3
2.40 Wolverhampton-Gilgamesh @ 13-8 [Betfred] :) @ 7-4
3.20 Ayr-Courtown Oscar @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]

Profit of 2.95pts

On her too Marble.

I'm reversing a forecast on Bonny Kate and Ucello Conti as well, as the latter was second to Champagne West.

Basically, ever since Champagne West won the Thyestes I've wanted (and believed) the form would work out well.

That's the method in the madness.

Last edited:
I'm reversing a forecast on Bonny Kate and Ucello Conti as well, as the latter was second to Champagne West.

Basically, ever since Champagne West won the Thyestes I've wanted (and believed) the form would work out well.

That's the method in the madness.

I've taken a chance with Futuramic 25/1 e/way - 3rd in the race last year off a 2lb higher mark and last 4 runs over hurdles suggest he has been trained for this race.

Have dutched the Gigginstown pair, and reversed the forecast, for an interest in the Leinster National.

Both Fulsom Blue and Thunder And Roses have Irish National entries (TAR also holds the Grand National entry), and the handbrake might be off both today, now that the weights for both races have been published.

Last edited:
Folsom Blue would have won that if not for clouting the third last.
Great for Rachael Blackmore though

Last edited:
One from my tracker, Solighoster runs in 14:00 at Plumpton tomorrow for third outing over hurdles. Won on similar ground last month. Very small field, set for a showdown against Fountains Windfall. 11/8 at Paddy Power.

Warthog changed hands for massive money earlier this year. Came from same yard as Finnians Oscar & Poli au Roi with a very big reputation. He should readily take the Chepstow Bumper tomorrow evening at 15/8 for a pre Cheltenham boost.

Last edited:
Warthog changed hands for massive money earlier this year. Came from same yard as Finnians Oscar & Poli au Roi with a very big reputation. He should readily take the Chepstow Bumper tomorrow evening at 15/8 for a pre Cheltenham boost.

Cheers Kauto - hoping to double up the win on Sonic Boom :)

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Stratford-Chandos Belle @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
4.00 Chepstow-What's Up Rory @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]
4.30 Chepstow-The Caller @ 7-4 [Betfair Sports]
4.50 Stratford-Out Of Style @ 6-4 [Skybet]
5.30 Chepstow-Amateur @ 4-1 [Ladbrokes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back