What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.40 - Chelmsford - Hellfire. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Space War takes they eye dropped back in grade for a yard who do very well here and Jack The Laird has been running well of late, even though his record suggests he is more likely to be placed than win. Hipz has also been running well and he could benefit from a change of stables but a chance is taken on topweight, Helfire. He is the only representative of a yard who have a very profitable 31% strike rate here and is still relatively lightly raced. He drops back to this grade for the first time since winning on his handicap debut at Windsor in July of last year. He has since won in a better grade on the Polytrack at Lingfield from a four pound lower mark than he runs from today and has subsequently run well in all three races since that victory. His fitness has to be taken on trust but the form of the yard offers encouragement on that score and he is partnered by the five pound claimer that has been on board for every one of his nine starts to date.

4.00 - Wetherby - Jovial Joey. 2 pts win. available at 5/1.
Plenty of these are quite capable of winning this from their current marks but there a few who are arguably capable of improving past the more established handicappers. One of those is Jovial Joey. He showed some ability as a Novice hurdler but he has already surpassed those efforts in three runs to date over fences and he has plenty of scope for further progression. He was successful on his second start as a Chaser on his handicap debut at Musselburgh and that facile victory earned him a twelve pound rise. Back in Novice company he has been well beaten on his last two starts but he ran above expectations at the weights and those efforts suggest he is capable of making his presence felt back in handicap company from his current mark. There is plenty of pace in this race, and his prominent racing style may have to be restrained somewhat, but this is just his third run over this sort of trip and good ground suits. He gets on very well with today's five pound claimer and the yard have a good record here with their Chasers.

4.10 - Chelmsford - Hannington. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

4.40 - Chelmsford:
Mighty Zip. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Loumarin. 1 pt win. Available at 10/1.

Last edited:
Re:Double Handful

Yes in the paddock he was throwing his head around and I got the impression that the race would be educational. Was very awkward leaving the stalls and jockey was almost unseated.
Which meant he was last straight away and from then onwards the run was all about the experience and not the result. Did make ground 2 furlongs out on the inside under hand and heels riding and after the line was full of running though did have his tongue flapping around

Last edited:
Lingfield 1:40 Friday - War Glory

Richard Hannon's War Glory is currently favourite for the Apprentices' opener on AW Finals day. Available at around 5/1, Hollie Doyle rides.

He was gelded over the winter and put up a solid performance on his return when going down by a head over CD a week ago. Turned out quickly he escapes a penalty so gets to run off the same mark tomorrow - goes up 3lb in future.

The most interesting thing if you watch the race though is Tom Marquand can afford to take a pull coming off the bend before scooting into the open when the gap came. At that point it looks as though it's race over and he does maintain a 2L advantage over the third.

The RP comments for the race suggest that although he tried his hardest he may have come up against a tougher rival in the winner (Take The Helm) but that horse was on his outer and if you look back at the quotes after his maiden win last season it was revealed that he's blind in his right eye. Considering that there's every reason to think he simply couldn't see Take The Helm on his outside so was at a disadvantage in the battle to the line, possibly idling when he thought he'd got the race won.

Being drawn 9 of 14 tomorrow isn't perfect but it's not a disaster and at least he'll get a view of the others from out there so I'll be having a considerable bet on him going one better this time.

Wetherby 4.00
Jovial Joey has been running decent races in defeat behind some useful types the last twice and can improve further here. 13/2 taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovial Joey a NR

My mate Eddiemaurice - The Betfair Hurdle 9th....runs on the flat tomorrow at Bath (3:00). Good strike rate on the flat, races off 74, will love good-firm ground. After a shite run last time over hurdles, his price should be kept honest. He'll surely be cherry-ripe to slash this opposition up like the proverbial Christmas Turkey tomorrow. ;)

Last edited:
My mate Eddiemaurice - The Betfair Hurdle 9th....runs on the flat tomorrow at Bath (3:00). Good strike rate, races off 74, will love good-firm ground. After a shite run last time over hurdles, his price should be kept honest. He'll surely be cherry-ripe to slash this opposition up like the proverbial Christmas Turkey tomorrow. ;)
Stanghow, another mate of mine from last year, goes in Newcastle's 2:20 on Friday. He's a nice sprinter who could have a big season, based on collateral form from last season. He's very genuine from what I've seen, pretty straightforward too; he likes to be out in front trying to make all.

We'll get a good run for our money, (he could make all), 9/1 at present.

Newcastle 2:20 Stanghow
Bath 3:00 Eddiemaurice

Two singles and each way double, looks the right course of action.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Chelmsford-The Juggler @ 7-2 [Skybet]
2.30 Wetherby-Mister Spingsprong @ 11-8 [Betfair Sports]
3.00 Wetherby-Boss Des Mottes @ 13-2 [Paddy Power]
3.10 Chelmsford-Fiendish @ 11-8 [Skybet]
3.40 Chelmsford-Qaffaal @ 7-1 [Bet Victor]
4.00 Wetherby-Shadows Lengthen @ 15-2 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Chelmsford-Estrella Eria @ 9-4 [Skybet]:) @ 7-2
4.20 Towcester-Yorgonnahearmeroar @ 6-5 [Ladbrokes]

Loss of 3.5pts

2.20 Newcastle-Paddy Power @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
2.30 Bath-Chatoyer @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.00 Bath-Midtech Star @ 11-4 [Skybet]
3.30 Bath-Permian @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.00 Bath-Mr Lupton @ 5-1 [Skybet]
4.30 Bath-The Warrior @ 7-1 [Skybet]

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>1.40 - Lingfield - Holiday Magic. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

3.10 - Lingfield - Mythmaker. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.

3.25 - Newcastle:
Fabricate. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Hamelin. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1. (Skybet - 1/5 odds first 4)

3.40 - Lingfield - My Target. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1. (Skybet - 1/5 odds first 4)

4.25 - Newcastle - Lopes Dancer. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

Last edited:

2.20 Newcastle-Paddy Power @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
2.30 Bath-Chatoyer @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
3.00 Bath-Midtech Star @ 11-4 [Skybet]:) R4
3.30 Bath-Permian @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.00 Bath-Mr Lupton @ 5-1 [Skybet]
4.30 Bath-The Warrior @ 7-1 [Skybet]

Loss of 2.25pts..two 2nds

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each]

2.35 Kempton-A Momentofmadness @ 7-2 [Stan James]
3.10 Kempton-Eljaddaaf @ 6-1 [Stan James]
3.50 Haydock-Culture De Sivola @ 9-1 [Skybet]

2.05 Haydock
Monetaire showed signs of a return last time out and a speculative each way at 10/1 looks reasonable

15:00 Musselburgh - Society Red e/w

(Well-suited by mile distance, so e/w at 12/1 will be my punt today).

Cork
2.10 Port Moody 14/1 BOG E/WAY

Carlisle
1.45 Dolly's Dot 50/1 BOG E/WAY

2.50 Mrs Grass 20/1 BOG E/WAY

Musselburgh
3.00 Dr Julius No 10/1 BOG E/WAY & Grey Brittain 25/1 BOG E/WAY

Kempton
2.00 Quick Skips Lad 15/2 BOG Win

2.40 - Haydock:
Fort Worth. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Onderun. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 20/1. (Skybet - 1/5 odds first 4)
Some of these are well weighted if they return to form and others could have some mileage in their current marks. Jonjo O'Neill's horses are running better now than they have all season and is triple-handed in this race. Jockey bookings suggest Monbeg Gold is the flag bearer and he is on the same mark as when going close on his Chasing debut but Killian Moore has been on board Fort Worth for his last three starts so rider arrangements could be misleading. Fort Worth has only won one of his nine completed starts over fences but he has been placed five times and he was only beaten a head at Taunton last time out. He runs from the same mark here and is seven pounds better off with Behind The Wire who he narrowly beat on his penultimate start over three miles at Doncaster. He is well served by good ground and he is profile is a progressive one. At a big price it wouldn't be a surprise to see Onderun get competitive. Nearly all his racing has been done on ground much softer than he encounters here and his career best effort came when he run on G/S ground over an extended 23 furlongs at Lingfield in December. That easy win came from just five pounds lower in the weights and his recent efforts have been on soft/heavy ground.

3.10 - Kempton - Stellarta. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
There looks likely to be a decent pace in this race and that will suit a horse a closer like Stellarta.ShHe had a progressive season on turf last year and, after a six month break, she carried that improvement back onto the A/W over C/D last time out. She caught the eye making late ground and going down by a length from a mark which was 13 pounds higher than when she was last seen on an artificial surface back in March of last year. If she comes on for that initial run back she is well drawn to attack late ifs he gets the gaps at the right time. Her running style will always make her a hostage to fortune but she has won four of her ten starts on the A/W and has never been beaten by more than three lengths.

3.15 - Haydock - Brotherly Company. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
Midnight Maestro may still be ahead of his mark and he was four length ahead of Brotherly Company when winning at Stratford last time out. The latter is five pounds better off but, while that may be enough to reverse the form, Brotherly Company was making his first appearance since September at Stratford and the way he found little after travelling well into the latter stages, suggests the outing may have been needed. The ground would've been softer than ideal and the return to better conditions should see him return to the kind of form he was producing at this time last season. He progressed with every start in his first five outings for his current yard before disappointing in his last two races. An 83 rated horse on the level, he ran well here on his only start on the flat.

4.20 - Haydock - Young Dillon. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

4.45 - Newton Abbot - Plan Again. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

4.55 - Haydock - Queen Spud. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1.

Last edited:
My mate Eddiemaurice - The Betfair Hurdle 9th....runs on the flat tomorrow at Bath (3:00) ;)

Ran well, must have a bright season ahead of him after that.

Supported one of my trackers today, Limited Reserve in the 3:15. That's about it.

3.10 - Kempton - Stellarta. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
There looks likely to be a decent pace in this race and that will suit a horse a closer like Stellarta.ShHe had a progressive season on turf last year and, after a six month break, she carried that improvement back onto the A/W over C/D last time out. She caught the eye making late ground and going down by a length from a mark which was 13 pounds higher than when she was last seen on an artificial surface back in March of last year. If she comes on for that initial run back she is well drawn to attack late ifs he gets the gaps at the right time. Her running style will always make her a hostage to fortune but she has won four of her ten starts on the A/W and has never been beaten by more than three lengths.

Brutal!

How unlucky was The Tartan Spartan there? Coming from the rear of the field and boxed in for two furlongs, he found a path, then got switched to the inside rail and still finishes strongly for third. Has to go in the tracker.

Last edited:

1.00 Wolverhampton-Hydroxide @ 2-1 [Bet Bright]
2.05 Redcar-Carlton Frankie @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
2.45 Market Rasen-Pickamix @ 5-4 [Paddy Power]
2.50 Fakenham-Open Hearted @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
4.30 Market Rasen-Baratineur @ 7-1 [William Hill]
4.55 Redcar-Meshardal @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]
5.25 Chepstow-Majestic Moll @ 11-8 [Skybet]

I love this time of year for tracker horses, 3 out today:
Ninjago (3.45 Redcar)
Meshardal (4.55 Redcar)
Golden Pearl (1.50 Cork)

Have backed all 3 and also thrown them in a lucky 15 with Minella Foru ( nods to Grassy :cool:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back