What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly DO, I backed Peace And Co in that come back race at Ayr the other week and watching the jockey not make much of an effort up the home straight after cruising around at the back out of trouble, I was thinking this is being kept for something else very soon.

Any views from the jump followers on the Swinton today? What about Zulu Oscar?
The last Jeremy Scott horse I backed was Melodic Rendevouz in The Champion Hurdle! But at least Zanu Oscar is being backed.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly DO, I backed Peace And Co in that come back race at Ayr the other week and watching the jockey not make much of an effort up the home straight after cruising around at the back out of trouble, I was thinking this is being kept for something else very soon.

I backed him there too, Dave.

Before the race I wrote:
Peace And Co is a must bet even though Daryl Jacob doesn’t take the ride. Henderson was still throwing his name into the discussions about his Champion Hurdle hopefuls a couple of weeks before the race but decided late on the horse needed more time. He’s had another five weeks and his mark of 144 is extraordinarily lenient if he’s anywhere near his best.

After it:
Peace And Co either wasn’t trying or has become ungenuine.

I wasn't sure whether it was being unco-operative or not being asked to be co-operative. Paul Kealy says in his Weekender column that he cruised round and hadn't been touched when meeting a wall of horses going to two out after which the jockey didn't touch him with the whip. I thought he could have picked up the field if he'd wanted to but just couldn't tell whether he wanted to. Either by temperament or design.

I think the price is worth paying to find out today.

I watched the Ayr race again just now and tend to agree. Taken some of the 13/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep being drawn to Oh Crick in the last at Warwick. Aidan Coleman journeys down from Haydock for the one ride ( first for the trainer ). 8/1, be backing e.w.

e/way lucky 15

15:25 EBF FILLIES' HANDICAP 1m
Aristocratic - Each Way
EW Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places
Best Odds Guaranteed 5 -- -- Open

15:50 FILLIES' STAKES 6f 18y
Glitter Girl - Each Way
Best Odds Guaranteed 5.5 -- -- Open

16:25 HANDICAP 1m 2f 50y
Cornborough - Each Way
Best Odds Guaranteed 12 -- -- Open

17:00 HANDICAP 1m 75y
Aelius - Each Way
EW Terms: 1/4 Odds | 3 Places
Best Odds Guaranteed

Keep being drawn to Oh Crick in the last at Warwick. Aidan Coleman journeys down from Haydock for the one ride ( first for the trainer ). 8/1, be backing e.w.

I'm sticking this in a patent with Picket Line in the last at Ascot, who I reckon will finish off-well today. He's in form and well handicapped too.

The big gamble at the Curragh in the 5:05, Yourartisonfire, will do for a third selection.

Last edited:
Peace And Co looks to have gone at the game......Traveled well enough, settled too...made a slight mistake when the race quickened, but found absolutely nothing....didnt weaken like a horse burdened by weight, he simply didn't respond to the jockey's urgings.

Last edited:
I like National Defense in the Poulains at 5s. Got a form boost from Al Wukair last week and a bigger field and faster pace should suit. The fav Brametot looked special in the Fountainebleau but the second has been well beaten since so I suspect he beat nothing really. Rivet I'm not keen on at all so the Ballydoyle colt is possibly his biggest danger.

Peace And Co looks to have gone at the game......Traveled well enough, settled too...made a slight mistake when the race quickened, but found absolutely nothing....didnt weaken like a horse burdened by weight, he simply didn't respond to the jockey's urgings.

Agreed. He won't be carrying my money again

Homesman -455 Curragh-made heavy weather of winning at Limerick 2 weeks ago,looking an awkward sort.He is running over a 3 furlong shorter trip today and you would think he is serious lay material-however he is a 5/1 shot trained in Ballydoyle-I have an idea he might be a grinder who will keep finding for pressure -I think 5/1 is very fair and would also consider backing him at big prices in running and laying the opposition at short prices in running.

I like National Defense in the Poulains at 5s. Got a form boost from Al Wukair last week and a bigger field and faster pace should suit. The fav Brametot looked special in the Fountainebleau but the second has been well beaten since so I suspect he beat nothing really. Rivet I'm not keen on at all so the Ballydoyle colt is possibly his biggest danger.

I've dutched Brametot and Orderofthegarter.

Acapulco 2.55 Curragh 7/4

Dandy Dan 5.00 Ludlow 10/3

Cintex 5.15 Plumpton 11/8

Bergkamp 5.35 Killarney 4/1

Last edited:
Homesman -455 Curragh-made heavy weather of winning at Limerick 2 weeks ago,looking an awkward sort.He is running over a 3 furlong shorter trip today and you would think he is serious lay material-however he is a 5/1 shot trained in Ballydoyle-I have an idea he might be a grinder who will keep finding for pressure -I think 5/1 is very fair and would also consider backing him at big prices in running and laying the opposition at short prices in running.

Respectable second-stake refunded as a free bet thanks to a very generous Ladbrokes offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back